Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

jackyl posted:

High as seasons and humidity change, or worse they might break the spine on the joints. Self leveling compound should take care of it pretty easily for you, though.
Who the hell put laminate down without fixing the floor first? He (or she) should know it's a repair job waiting to happen that they'll get blamed for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Just for the love of god get LOW EXPANSION FOAM for that job!

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Ha, I had a unused bathtub with a box over it, and I only used it to wash the dogs.

Then my other bathroom was out of service during renovation so I put in a temp shower....

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

kid sinister posted:

That reminds me of a deck that collapsed at a Grateful Dead concert near where I lived maybe 20 years ago? A couple dozen Deadheads ended up not going to the emergency room until the next day. Gee, I wonder why...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_Chicago_balcony_collapse

When I lived in these kinds of places in Chicago in the 80's/90's, everybody knew that it wasn't quite right to have that many people on porches, but did it anyway, because it's nice outside, and it's a party.

But drat, it was a massacre.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Trying to figure out a way to put a nice pot rack up there.