Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Crossposting from the PYF Funny Pictures thread:

Bonk posted:

My apartment's full of weird/stupid poo poo like this. Observe:

Drawer that can't be opened unless the oven is open.

Recessed full length hallway mirror full of Chinese VHS and Betamax tapes. Landlord didn't even know it was there.

I was hoping for something more interesting, but it's mostly just Hong Kong cop TV shows and some home videos from the 70s.

Does nothing.

Does nothing.

Middle nub does nothing.

Little switch does nothing.

Both do nothing.

Here's a doozy. Outlet in the cupboard ceiling, somehow on the same fuse as the 2 bedrooms on the other side of the house. We know this because if we run the microwave on high while our computers are running, we blow a fuse. But only in the bedrooms and that one kitchen outlet.

Whoever designed this house was the personification of :wtc:

A few more I just took:

The full cabinet behind the mirror.

Not necessarily weird on its own, but that there are three adjacent lightswitches and then an outlet just sort of wherever the hell they felt like building one is a bit odd.

And yet just below the trio of lightswitches and random outlet is a cable jack (in a hallway), somewhat out of place phone jack, and three of these 4-pronged outlets I've never seen anywhere else. I'm sure they have a use in some Asian country, but this is in western Canada.

Not sure if you can see it, but the plate for the switch is cut off so they could put the shower door track right next to it. I assume it turns on that light in the shower. Just a great idea all around.

This groovy stained glass and stairway bannister is simply a window between the living room and the kitchen, bordered by two olde-tymey lantern lights for no discernible reason.

You can only open the ceiling hatch to the attic by cranking that lever a bunch of times. It works like a corkscrew, so it takes a very long time to open. That's seriously the only way up there.

Exposed outlet in the kitchen, right next to a regular one that actually goes in the wall like it's supposed to.

Also of note:
-There are 3 suites in this building, and all of them - including the front door - can be opened by one single key.

-There is an area downstairs that could be an extremely disjoined 4th suite: There are two storage rooms, a laundry room, and a bathroom, but all are interrupted by a hallway and a small lobby/stairwell.

-I forgot to take a picture of this, but nearly ALL of the overhead lights are fluorescent tubes recessed into the ceiling in these little cubby holes lined with what looks like aluminum foil.

[edit]Got pictures of that last one:

\/\/\/Okay, that's especially odd then, because every room in the house has THREE of them right next to each other. What was happening here that required three phones in every room?

Bonk fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Apr 2, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU