Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002
Last week I removed a lovely 80s plaster arch.

rear end in a top hat installer/previous owner backfilled the cavity with rubbish and offcuts that fell on me when I opened the wall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002
My loungeroom.

Dominated by this bullshit thing.

C shape at the front with the heater, double brick wall leading from it to brick wall on the inside of the room, inside the wall studs.

They loving concreted it into the floor.

Put gas and power into he concrete, both at angles.

I assumed the gas line would exit on the closest edge or at least follow a straight line, it went diagonal, so I hammer drilled through it, a live gas line with sparks coming off the bricks. I was very lucky.

Floor patches.

Today.

I have other stories. Going to go collapse now. Though.

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

accidentally drill into a gas line. :unsmith:

Ive done this. My wife ran outside and left me to die.

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

Wolfsbane posted:

Pebbledash!

My primary and secondary schools were both like that, as were most of the surrounding housing estates.

Correct me if im wrong. The photos in your link. Did they really use old beer bottles and assorted glass in this stuff?

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

FCKGW posted:

most have solar panels too for some reason

Lectricity.

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

I guess cleaning under this one isnt such a issue, because the loving maid will do it.
But it would sure as poo poo suck dropping ones keys/phone/pet through them.

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

The Dave posted:

I’m kind of into the balcony shitter if it’s the top floor and there’s a coffee maker out there.

In may I stayed in a airbnb apartment in Vietnam with a shower on the balcony. So loving good.

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

kid sinister posted:

So there's no lock to keep someone else from pushing open the flap and watching me drop the deuce???

The flap needs to stay open or you wont be able to get out after without breaking the door/sink.

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

I'd move the pile of poo poo they have there and simply block the vent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

kid sinister posted:

Get a flashlight and look closer. I bet you do have a box, it's just that it's pushed way in and barely attached to the stud.

Look at whats its attached with though.There cant really be a box.