Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

XmasGiftFromWife posted:

My bet is they didn't tile under a vanity in a small bath.

That makes way more sense. For some reason my mind wanted to see a shower even though it didn't make any sense that a shower would have trim pieces like that or a drain that stuck out of the wall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
So it won't leak any more, makes sense to me

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Didn't an insurance agent or a loan guy basically tell him to turn on all the breakers and just let that fucker burn

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://youtu.be/xqtnNzIwyTE

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Are the new ones still susceptible to cracking if you put a big cast iron dutch oven (flat bottom) on them? I know that was a Thing about five years ago but I wasn't sure if they had made them better by now.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I changed out my thermostat without turning the power off because the wires weren't colored correctly so the only way I could tell was which one buzzed my hand when I touched it

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Oh, I took that picture. I added all of the concrete so I can secure my motorcycle to the toilet

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
yeah, there's no salt on the rim

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
ow my shins

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Is that toiled hooked up or did you want a giant two story outhouse?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
is this not the toilet room thread?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
How's a firetruck going to put out water

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
This is why you should keep all of your katanas locked up when not in use.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Well yeah, the water can splash down your back when you're trying to take a dump

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I have a sensual, commanding musk when exiting the bathroom

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Also 400 pound block of concrete LOL!

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Sometimes the temperature makes me sweaty and sometimes it makes me shiver depending on the range

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
They could probably get done quicker if they weren't chasing down every drat animal in the countryside for imgur points

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
My neighborhood opted out of becoming part of the city when the city expanded. We only have to abide by county rules even though literally everyone around us is in the city. This means that the neighbor kids shoot off fireworks every day of the year. The best part though is shooting them off on Fourth of July which makes other neighborhoods think that it's okay and when they do the cops storm out to the no fireworks areas and confiscate everyone's stuff

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I wouldn't argue with that shed builder since he's obviously strong as gently caress now by chopping all those 2x4s down to size and hammering in wood screws

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm seriously thinking about just painting over the three layers of wallpaper in my house that wasn't primered before being applied to the drywall or between layers

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
The first year I moved into my house it felt really cold downstairs all the time. That's when I found out that they just smashed a hole in the wall to the outside world for the dryer vent with no sealant/foam/anything. Bills went way down after sealing/insulating around that hose

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Different floor heights in different rooms seems par for the course

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Don't worry apparently there are people out there to help you with installing flooring over carpet!

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/covering-up-the-ugly-rental-apartment-carpet-with-laminate-flooring-164872

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Liquid Communism posted:

I think 13 might be a low estimate. He said it was taking about a sheet and a quarter of plywood per stair, and that looks like ~15 stairs.

I don't even want to think about how much CNC runtime was involved, or the amount of finish work to get that much plywood to actually turn out nice without veneering it.

This is what confused me about them saying it was cheap. Basically like "this car repair is super cheap if you already own thousands of dollars in equipment to do it!"

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah I guess their time isn't worth anything either, this is why I just leave stuff on the curb for free instead of having a garage sale

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm the old car that shows that I'm house poor

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Fire naturally goes up instead of down and they tell you to get low to keep away from the smoke

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Realtors love using wide angle lenses to make houses look good so that you go in the house and realize the realtor is a liar immediately and to never look at anything repped by that person again

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
The bad dormer Houston house looks like a pier 1 imports tornadoed its way through. Another cool part is looking at the way they have to pull into their garage. I don't think it's physically possible in their city mandated lifted f250

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
It's like a Country Living test house

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
My toilet lid has a blue light so I don't have to turn on the bathroom light (I still get pee everywhere)

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Just smash the poop down the drain

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I don't know why but that steam vac looks like it was made for children

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm pretty sure Ironton is known for lead production so this is just what happens to people's brains. Do as the Romans do, just gently caress my house up fam

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

armoredgorilla posted:

Idiot fucks up his perfectly good hardwood floor to create a pallet-wall combination fire hazard out of the cheapest home depot wood possible, reddit congratulates him.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DIY/comments/552cpe/i_built_this_partition_wall_in_my_living_room_to/

https://imgur.com/gallery/VY3gA

My coworker used to show me stuff from that forum and I had to laugh at most of the stuff either being inefficient or dangerous as hell

"But he got 1000 upvotes!!"

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
lmao

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm sad there's no pics of that dangerous looking outlet box this time

Adbot