Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

So where do I put the fox and the chicken?

If you have to ask...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

GreenNight posted:

I don't want to pay the guy to figure it out, just get it fixed.

That's a monkeys paw situation. He fixed that one but now two more don't work in even more annoying ways.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Bad day finding out the water line is also your electrical ground.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Lead out in cuffs posted:

I believe it's for a lovely surveillance system. The pigtails are from the 12V end, but connected to cables going outside the house.

I just don't know how I feel about having non-waterproof 120V AC right underneath a whole lot of plumbing. (The garbarater via electrical outlet too.)

Disposal on a gfci plug is code, at least here

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Computer viking posted:

Since we're speaking about water in Florida, what is happening here?

Just a lot of partially reclaimed swamp?

Mostly old mines. There's a lot of phosphorus and other poo poo and that whole area is full of them. And a lot of the circular lakes are old mine pits also.

Florida definitely sucks and we are stuck here for awhile. Yay.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
It has shoes on the stoop, a peep hole and what looks like a doorbell.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Arrath posted:

I read about a directional drilling crew who was curious about the sudden ease of feeding pipe when someone came running over the rise and reported that their drill string surfaced out the opposing side of the hill, skittered along the road, and then nailed a minivans sliding door.

Somewhere in the Osha thread there was a video of one just casually cutting into the radiator of a jeep

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Not crappy construction, but holy poo poo I have so much respect for tree trimmers. Two big bushy rear end trees in my yard that I've put off forever getting trimmed, so fence is always moldy and the amount of leaves that fall is an hoa fight every year, plus anxiety during every storm.

$700 and done in 3.5hrs, I'm just in awe. One dude and his helper. Now I can hopefully have a non moldy fence and get something other than dirt to grow in my yard.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

GreenNight posted:

Luckily the person is wearing their safety sandals.

Tbf the grippiest pair of shoes I own are some flip flops.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
I need to change my dining room light fixture.

Breaker labeled dining room? Nope. General lighting? Nope. Kitchen? Nope.

Okay, well the switch is on the same panel as the hall light switch, so maybe that one? Nope.

Oh of course it's on the same one as the 2nd and 3rd bedrooms. That makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Bad Munki posted:

Klein Tools ET310 AC Circuit Breaker Finder
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QNMCVWP

Although I guess that specific one only helps for outlets. So add on one of those light bulb socket outlet adapter things, which I will not link on account of them probably being sketchy in general.

Holy poo poo. I had no idea that existed.