Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

daggerdragon
Jan 22, 2006

My titan engine can kick your titan engine's ass.

kastein posted:

oh boy do I ever have stories for this thread. I just bought a fixer upper last year and I'm still going through it.

You sound like me with my house, right down to the lasagna-roof and daisy-chained leaky valves on pipes. Also, the pictures aren't showing up for me... :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

daggerdragon
Jan 22, 2006

kastein posted:

A friend of mine from AI just sent me this link. It's pretty horrifying.

http://imgur.com/a/K7Xef

:stare: If I mis-cut a 2x4 (and I mis-cut quite a few 2x4's working on my house), I'd just junk that piece (or use it somewhere smaller) and start over. :stare:

daggerdragon
Jan 22, 2006

kastein posted:

Things I've found in my walls:
* multiple areas lacking chunks of studs where previous owners installed in-wall bathroom cabinets, removing whatever studs stood in their way.

This in particular bugged me when I reno'd my house. Whenever I found them, I'd sister them up with new 2x4's.