Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
BODMAS stands for B-Brackets, O-Orders (powers/exponents or roots), D-Division, M-Multiplication, A-Addition, S-Subtraction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Nenonen posted:

It's a historical fact that Americans hate our walls because they envy us and want them to be torn down.

We weren't keen on Berlin, you got us there.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Wibla posted:

I've had the same experience with (IT) architects. One of which just booked a 30 minute meeting with me early next week to tell me all about how he's about to lift and shift all of our poo poo into the cloud instead of replacing our aging virtualisation rig. They even claim we'll save money doing this. I wish I was joking.

I need more alcohol :suicide:

I know you already know what the outcome is but we're a year out from that same work and have been clawing back servers from the cloud for a few months now.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Nitrox posted:

What's next, an IT doctor?

When I was working a triage ticket queue several jobs back on both the low end and the high end of escalations we'd joke that we were internet EMS and then internet ER doctors to people as a way to explain our job. Valor already stolen.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Or turn signals on a touch screen.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

hellotoothpaste posted:

Crappy Construction: I do not like the hole

Crappy Connection: This is my hole... It was made by me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Leviathan Song posted:

I've got a similar stack of engineering textbooks that are worth roughly zero dollars to anyone else. I'm still glad I kept them once every year or two when I can pull out an old formula. I'd imagine physics textbooks are even less referenceable.

I have a similar stack of political theory books that are even more useless but with the added benefit that they started that way, too. They're currently an impromptu podium to stack some stuff on.