Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

peanut posted:

I like to think they subdivided a rowhouse by literally walling up the middle of the stairs to create two mirrored units, as cheaply as possible. You can fit 3 college students into each half now.

It's not a rowhouse, but yes, looking at the other images in the listing, that is precisely what they did.

Magical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Really not a fan of the "bad Minecraft build" aesthetic.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
Props on them for achieving exactly what they were going for. It looks cool as gently caress but yeah, a pretty decent criteria for a hallway is "easily navigable" and well...

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Empty Sandwich posted:

I've been thinking about putting my fridge on a dolly so that it can sit over a floor register.

I acknowledge that this would be thread-appropriate.

They make things for that.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Tunicate posted:

Mythbusters tried it, IIRC the bullet would work as a fuse without going off under normal use, and if it did get triggered by a voltage surge or whatever it would kind of fizzle without being a full speed gunshot

Yep. The brass of a cartridge just holds the powder for convenience, it's the breech & barrel of the gun containing the pressure that actually allows the bullet to get propelled. Without that, the case will explode, and you might get hit with some pretty unpleasant brass shrapnel, but you won't get "shot" and the bullet itself being much heavier than the brass fragments will just kind of plop out.

E:f,b

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Computer viking posted:

The house my parents live in was built by my great grandfather, a very DYI engineer kind of guy. The garage door is original, and instead of springs it has arms with counterweight buckets filled with lead scrap. It has worked fine for ~60 years, and the only real drawback I can see is that you have to avoid blocking the swing arms.

I'm sure getting rid of the lead will be a bother when the time comes to replace it, but at least there's no risk of spring death.

Just find someone who reloads ammunition and casts their own bullets, they'll be stoked to take it off your hands.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

Anyway it's one like this:

Speaking of crappy construction, there's a lawsuit in progress from people whose kitchens have burned down from cats walking on those stove top touchscreen-like buttons. :supaburn:

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

e: if you use an electric toothbrush you can get cabinets with a built in charging base, absolute game changer.

Only if said charging base is a separate replaceable non-proprietary component, otherwise gently caress that noise.

Though I guess the failure state is "go back to a charger on the counter" so meh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Annoying that something this good is behind an Instagram link but drat, that sure is some "framing" :stare: