Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Serous
Jul 31, 2010
Yuri's a High Ranker ranked at about 500. Ren's is just a run of the mill ranker.

(Yuri's guide Evan is ranked at about a 100)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Also of note, Koon's father is ranked 6 and Evankhell(the leader of the 2nd floor, he hasn't been seen yet) is around 60.

canned_fruit
Feb 4, 2008
Has all this been stated in manga? There's a bunch of stuff I read on some wiki which I didn't know about and it seemed like the scanlations were a bit behind or something.

Also with the other real princess, googly eyes, does being a princess mean she's a ranker as well? How's she doing the test if she is?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah it's on the wiki, I'm not sure where the info comes from. Maybe from the site of the author?

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.

canned_fruit posted:

Has all this been stated in manga? There's a bunch of stuff I read on some wiki which I didn't know about and it seemed like the scanlations were a bit behind or something.

It's from the author's blog, for which he posts an entry with every chapter. The "scan"lations are up to date.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

canned_fruit posted:

Also with the other real princess, googly eyes, does being a princess mean she's a ranker as well? How's she doing the test if she is?
No, it seems like princesses are picked before they start climbing the tower. They basically start off as super-regulars.

Relaxodon
Oct 2, 2010
Is it normal in Korea that stories such as this are published in a web format? It seems to be quiet a bit above your regular web comic. What i am asking is: Why is this not published in Books/Magazines?

I have just caught up and i have to say it was better than i expected. It seems to be a notch better than a regular shonen.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Relaxodon posted:

Is it normal in Korea that stories such as this are published in a web format? It seems to be quiet a bit above your regular web comic. What i am asking is: Why is this not published in Books/Magazines?

I have just caught up and i have to say it was better than i expected. It seems to be a notch better than a regular shonen.

I don't fully understand the business model, but from my understanding the authors are under contract. Meaning, they have a publisher and such, but it is all online.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
For Trace and I think Noblesse I've seen photos of the published volumes.

Serous
Jul 31, 2010
71 is up. http://www.batoto.com/read/_/48806/tower-of-god_ch71_by_the-company.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

So the big giant dude is actually a wave controller.

Also evans face when he is told "I am faithfully executing this test according to the guardians wishes."

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Chapter 72

I'm glad that the red haired girl is finally doing something. She hasn't done poo poo since the Crown game.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
Koon always gets a profound line.

Here's some extra info that's been translated from the author's blog posts:
http://www.batoto.net/forums/topic/832-master-author-blogtranslations-thread/

Includes the names of the 13 month series, the top 7 rankers, and quite a bit more background. It's a pity the author's blog isn't translated regularly.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
That stuff is also all on the ToG wikia.

So is the coffee-fanatic proctor male or female? When we first saw her characters definitely used feminine pronouns for her but recently they seem to have switched to masculine ones, like the "guy" in this chapter.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Sindai posted:

That stuff is also all on the ToG wikia.

So is the coffee-fanatic proctor male or female? When we first saw her characters definitely used feminine pronouns for her but recently they seem to have switched to masculine ones, like the "guy" in this chapter.

He's a guy. It was assumed he was female when he was first introduced because he wasn't referred to as male or female for a few chapters in. Same goes for Ho, Baam's blonde long-haired classmate. (Who is also male.)

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Chapter 73

This is a pretty big one, Lahel came and went from Baam's cave to wherever she came from (Inside the tower?) Helps explain where stuff came from at least.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

It's weird how much this bull keeps changing. Went from some human sized thing to about as big as the drat worms. Fast as hell even when it's that big. How's Baam gonna deal with this :ohdear:

Another Poster
Apr 12, 2008

Frome posted:

It's weird how much this bull keeps changing. Went from some human sized thing to about as big as the drat worms. Fast as hell even when it's that big. How's Baam gonna deal with this :ohdear:

He doesn't have to I would think, someone else yell stop and the Bull stopped.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Another Poster posted:

He doesn't have to I would think, someone else yell stop and the Bull stopped.

Haha oops. I thought it was Baam yelling stop, but this makes more sense. Explains that extra light on the last panel as well.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

AtomikKrab posted:

Chapter 73

This is a pretty big one, Lahel came and went from Baam's cave to wherever she came from (Inside the tower?) Helps explain where stuff came from at least.

Please start using spoiler tags in this thread, it's getting annoying to be told stuff that's going to happen in the chapter before reading it.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Frome posted:

Haha oops. I thought it was Baam yelling stop, but this makes more sense. Explains that extra light on the last panel as well.

Nope, that's Baam. Specifically, he's thinking it. All of the rectangular boxes in this chapter are his thoughts. He's using the Shinsoo technique he learned in the last test. :)

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

Sarcophallus posted:

Nope, that's Baam. Specifically, he's thinking it. All of the rectangular boxes in this chapter are his thoughts. He's using the Shinsoo technique he learned in the last test. :)

Yeah, but he's doing it on something a whole lot stronger. This thing is higher than a run of the mill Ranker, no?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Kortel posted:

Yeah, but he's doing it on something a whole lot stronger. This thing is higher than a run of the mill Ranker, no?

No it is just higher than the floor, like the eel baam faced on floor 1

Scorvi
Apr 4, 2009
Chapter 74 :ohdear:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Well I wonder if Baam will just go totally apeshit for a while

Spellcheck
Oct 23, 2008

by angerbot
I generally dont hold casters in the same regaurd as melee but baam is a fun guy.

And thats not lahel its coffiee lady. Bet you.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Baam, she probably pushed you because you extended your bloody hand. That's gross. I don't think Lahel likes you,

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Think about it. Lahel spent a lot of time with Baam, but she could come and go freely while he could not. She had a kid who thought she was light and goodness personified, and encountered him entirely on her own terms. What was the most important time of his life might have been a diversion for her. We still know nothing about Lahel's motivations. She obviously has some fondness for Baam, but that doesn't mean she wouldn't throw him aside again to achieve her goals.
Coffee lady had a great tool in Lahel for getting rid of the threat if she made a good enough offer. Promises are cheap, but Lahel is probably gullible enough to buy that the second floor manager could somehow get her to the top.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Nov 30, 2011

Emo Rodeo
Dec 28, 2006

This is one mystic quest

Serious Frolicking posted:

Think about it. Lahel spent a lot of time with Baam, but she could come and go freely while he could not. She had a kid who thought she was light and goodness personified, and encountered him entirely on her own terms. What was the most important time of his life might have been a diversion for her. We still know nothing about Lahel's motivations. She obviously has some fondness for Baam, but that doesn't mean she wouldn't throw him aside again to achieve her goals.
Coffee lady had a great tool in Lahel for getting rid of the threat if she made a good enough offer. Promises are cheap, but Lahel is probably gullible enough to buy that the second floor manager could somehow get her to the top.

If it's actually Lahel, I'll be shocked

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Emo Rodeo posted:

If it's actually Lahel, I'll be shocked

Who else would it be? The only person unaccounted for is the 2nd irregular.

Additionally, Lahel can be seen standing in this chapter, when she's looking out the window toward Ho's funeral.

Either the coffee-monster or the guardian have made a deal of some sort with her.
It's also clear that she cares more about the tower than about Baam.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Even if no one offered her a deal, if she tries going with Baam she becomes a target too. The tower staff loving hates irregulars and wants them dead. Baam might be able to carry Lahel to the top, but that is the most dangerous method available for her.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Anyone else remember that dream Lahel had where Baam had a bunch of friends and left her alone? Good times.

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

We also saw that red-headed wave controller who didn't qualify as a regular, walking past Evan a few chapters back - I wonder how she factors into all of this.

The Holy Queef
Jul 13, 2003
No, it is not gross, in fact, it's funny, yeah, think of it that way.
Next chapter should be out anytime now... Last chapter's cliffhanger really does have me hanging. It really did change Baam's story if it was Lahel. Also... Its good to see princess Yuri back definitely. Took her all this loving time to finally show up.

Scorvi
Apr 4, 2009
There's no chapter this week, unfortunately.

Zandracon
Oct 21, 2010
New chapter is out, and I have no idea where the story is going now. Apparently the story is shifting from part 1 to 2 now?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I was kind of hoping Baam actually IS dead but lack of a body always means they're alive. Certainly was NOT expecting this though.

The Blind Eye
Dec 12, 2011

As a man who has three younger sisters I must say I have never laughed so nervously at a cartoon before. That said it turned to hysterics when the music started, oh God this is hilarious.I love anime I love you Japan. I'm sorry I doubted this season. I love you Shinbo and Nisio Isin and ADTRW.
This whole chapter can be summarized in a single phrase: THAT BITCH

I pray Baam is alive. I pray that this is when he disides to storm this place like a irregular should.

Gurren Laggen style. :kamina:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Getting almost as meta as Medaka Box up in here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elemennop
Dec 29, 2004

only the martyrs have their identities remembered. please remember me, i beg you!
koon is the real protagonist anyways