Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Ahaha drat I didn't even pick up on the significance of Yu actually mentioning the guide over the phone. It definitely has to be either Headon or someone in wing tree.

Cbouncerrun posted:

Does this mean coffee dude has been a good guy this whole time? Or maybe he's just not aligned with Zahard.

I think it's the second. One thing I like is that there doesn't really seem to be any good or bad dichotomy in this series. Just different political factions with their own motivations and stuff. We haven't been told much of anything about tower politics yet though, which kinda sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009

Frome posted:

Ahaha drat I didn't even pick up on the significance of Yu actually mentioning the guide over the phone. It definitely has to be either Headon or someone in wing tree.

I think it's the second. One thing I like is that there doesn't really seem to be any good or bad dichotomy in this series. Just different political factions with their own motivations and stuff. We haven't been told much of anything about tower politics yet though, which kinda sucks.

Actually, if you read some of the extra written stuff by the author that's been translated, quite a bit of politics and background is out. I think it's definitely less interesting than if you just read the comic without that info though, so look for it at your own risk.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
Seriously hoping Baam doesn't become an rear end in a top hat after this.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

I don't want him to be a jerk, but honestly, a splash of :emo: could make more interesting.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Well at least its hinted at some direction the series is going, largely with the overthrow of Zahard or something similar. I'm not surprised people want to replace him. Headon is a floor guardian right, not a ranker? I wonder how the floor guardians play into this

Scorpion 3-2
Apr 2, 2011
So is there any info out when the series is going to continue?

The Blind Eye
Dec 12, 2011

As a man who has three younger sisters I must say I have never laughed so nervously at a cartoon before. That said it turned to hysterics when the music started, oh God this is hilarious.I love anime I love you Japan. I'm sorry I doubted this season. I love you Shinbo and Nisio Isin and ADTRW.
Well. first he was taught kindness. now he learned pain. What wonderful emotion shall Baam learn next :downs:

78 chapters, act one finished. This ones going to be long isn't it.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
For those wondering about a break, I'd imagine it closer to Noblesse than Trace. Noblesse was originally only a month break I think that they ended up cutting down to 2 weeks. Likely just some time off to have a break and get the next part of the story in order.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Jose posted:

Well at least its hinted at some direction the series is going, largely with the overthrow of Zahard or something similar. I'm not surprised people want to replace him. Headon is a floor guardian right, not a ranker? I wonder how the floor guardians play into this

Yeah Headon is the 1st floor guardian. He seems pretty special among the guardians though, since he can travel to other floors and he's the one that chooses the regulars.

cooldude2.0
Oct 12, 2004
Grimey Drawer

TheJazzMess posted:

This comic is amazing. Yeah the author seems to not be too sure about where to take some the story, but it doesn't matter because the world and characters are extremely interesting. Someone should make a thread about this over at BSS. More people should read this!
really? I think the story outschemes Death Note or just about any other comic I've read. I'm not convinced that the blue haired kid was fooled, and if he was I'm giddy to see what he does when he finds out. Every other [legit] climber is laughably naive in comparison.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Just so no one is disappointed: this isn't a real new chapter.

The author just answers a few questions, and then gives a tiny preview of Part 2.

Despite that, it's pretty great.

canned_fruit
Feb 4, 2008

Doc Hawkins posted:

Just so no one is disappointed: this isn't a real new chapter.

The author just answers a few questions, and then gives a tiny preview of Part 2.

Despite that, it's pretty great.

Given the last page new chapters should be very soon hopefully.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

canned_fruit posted:

Given the last page new chapters should be very soon hopefully.

The raw is in fact out, along with a short summary for those who don't want to wait to get an idea of what's going on:

Batoto posted:

After a 5 year timeskip, Yuri goes to Jeina Lefelista Zahad's house(not sure about the spelling), meets Kun Mascheni? Zahad along the way. Yuri asks Lefelista Zahad to find Baam in return for bringing her an item she wants. After Yuri leaves, Lefelista Zahad puts on an evil grin and says that the boring days are over, and Zahad's prince will come...

The Holy Queef
Jul 13, 2003
No, it is not gross, in fact, it's funny, yeah, think of it that way.

Sarcophallus posted:

The raw is in fact out, along with a short summary for those who don't want to wait to get an idea of what's going on:

yup, they released some postseason shorts as well (comedy)

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/81506/tower-of-god_ch79_by_the-company

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

The Holy Queef posted:

yup, they released some postseason shorts as well (comedy)

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/81506/tower-of-god_ch79_by_the-company

You know, I kinda like the author.

When asked by someone with the username KoonAgeroAgnis about who his favourite character was, he responded by saying he hated Koon the most. And when people asked him about himself, he just posted a screenshot of someone calling him a genius and zoomed in on it.

Anyway. Prince of Zahard, eh? At this point all leads point to it being Baam.

Which is exactly why I think it might not be Baam.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Somehow I doubt Baam would change his hair color or personality that much.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
The blond guy in the trash heap was the one Yuri sent out to look for Baam, I think. He is obviously not Baam himself.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Serious Frolicking posted:

The blond guy in the trash heap was the one Yuri sent out to look for Baam, I think. He is obviously not Baam himself.

I'm pretty sure he's implied to be the Prince of Zahard.

That's him wearing the ring in the first half of the preview, compare jacket sleeves. Baam actually makes a 1-panel appearance in the preview, his hair's all long again.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

A Korean webcomic is the last place id expect to see a Skyrim namedrop.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
Chapter is out, by the way.

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/82259/tower-of-god_ch80_by_the-company

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Hahaha, whoops, I guess I should have mentioned that :)

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I can't wait to see what colossal badasses everyone's turned into. Five years is an eternity in battle manhwa time.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.

Slime posted:

You know, I kinda like the author.

This one completely killed me

Despite the translation issues with some jokes, I love how he writes humor into the comic. It gives it character.

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009
We're two (one full) chapters into the new season.

https://www.batoto.com/comic/_/comics/tower-of-god-r1

Not really a fan of the generic shounen protag this time tbh

The Blind Eye
Dec 12, 2011

As a man who has three younger sisters I must say I have never laughed so nervously at a cartoon before. That said it turned to hysterics when the music started, oh God this is hilarious.I love anime I love you Japan. I'm sorry I doubted this season. I love you Shinbo and Nisio Isin and ADTRW.
:ohdear: Please tell me Baam hasnt turned into itatchi

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
I'm hoping that 1) that's Baam and 2) Baam will turn around, smile, say hello, and politely ask if the two of them can leave each other alone. Nothing says the irregulars have to defeat the others to move on or that only a certain number can progress, just that they need to survive until the time limit. I'm betting the test proctors are going for an 'exact words' trick here.

And 'generic shounen protag'? What, like Baam was? :v:

The_Angry_Turtle
Aug 2, 2007

BLARGH

Einander posted:

I'm hoping that 1) that's Baam and 2) Baam will turn around, smile, say hello, and politely ask if the two of them can leave each other alone. Nothing says the irregulars have to defeat the others to move on or that only a certain number can progress, just that they need to survive until the time limit. I'm betting the test proctors are going for an 'exact words' trick here.

And 'generic shounen protag'? What, like Baam was? :v:

This guy is clearly of the Hot Blooded Shounen Hero variety.

Zandracon
Oct 21, 2010
New chapter.

Oh no, what are you doing, Baam :ohdear:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
drat, they've picked up an idiot child translator somewhere. I hate those things.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!
Just popping in to say that this is the only comic I've read that's managed to take the #1 spot in my favorites away from One Piece since I started reading it 7 or so years ago :f5:

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
The translation took a dip. Story's still good though. They just need a good editor.

The Holy Queef
Jul 13, 2003
we now have a picture of the tower!!!!!!! should I update the op?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Er, we do?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

I think that's just the 20th floor.

The Holy Queef
Jul 13, 2003
it is, but still the first picture from the outside
makes me think each floor is a different world altogether... u see em take stairs ever?
and drat, really? outer space?

The Holy Queef fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Feb 18, 2012

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!

The Holy Queef posted:

it is, but still the first picture from the outside
makes me think each floor is a different world altogether... u see em take stairs ever?
and drat, really? outer space?

I don't think that's a picture of outside. In one of the earliest chapters you see princess Yuri running down stairs to get to the first floor, and if each floor is the size of a continent, that's probably just a flying city in the 20th floor.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Hietala posted:

I don't think that's a picture of outside. In one of the earliest chapters you see princess Yuri running down stairs to get to the first floor, and if each floor is the size of a continent, that's probably just a flying city in the 20th floor.

This is also my opinion. I meant "everything we see in that picture is contained within the twentieth floor."

e: Oh, now that I look at it again, I see that my original perspective was off: it's a big floating island coming to a point, not a big tower stretching down to a point. :downs:

Doc Hawkins fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Feb 18, 2012

Panzerschwein
May 8, 2009

sboobs
I think we're definitely being led to believe that the tower is a single physical entity with a literal top and bottom, its just that the scale of it is massive. I wish we could get more details about it's nature, and not just the political organization of it.

The Blind Eye
Dec 12, 2011

I personally tend to think of the tower as Sigal from planescape rolled out flat. Each floor is a dimension onto itself with doors leading up and down. The tower has no real "Outside" Just up, and down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
There is an outside to the tower though. It's where most irregulars come from and where Zahard came from.