Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

ShinsoBEAM! posted:

If you live in the US the Raws come out in the afternoon on sunday. As far as other Webcomics I second Trace/Noblesse being darn good, I'm liking Dr.Frost and City of the Dead magician so far as well, but they don't have much translated yet. I have a soft spot for knights run but that translation sadly got dropped :smith:

Yeah, I've just recently started browsing through the Naver comics; some of them are really good. If I was still in college, I'd offer my translation services to a scans group, but now I have bills to pay. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
Volume 2, Chapter 7 is up now.

Glad to see we weren't disappointed with Baam Viole in the Vegeta-style blasting department. :neckbeard:

Lenaway
Feb 8, 2006

Touch Fuzzy
Get Dizzy

Mo_Steel posted:

Volume 2, Chapter 7 is up now.

Glad to see we weren't disappointed with Baam Viole in the Vegeta-style blasting department. :neckbeard:

Yeah I don't really get the name-change. I guess it's probably just an alias

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Maybe it's actually not Baam?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Doc Hawkins posted:

Considering he already had a flashback as Baam once the subject of being alone came up, that doesn't seem too likely.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Doc Hawkins posted:

This would be pretty amusing, but I don't see how it could be possible at this point since we've already had Rachel flashbacks.

Lenaway
Feb 8, 2006

Touch Fuzzy
Get Dizzy
I think this series does exposition really well (it reminds me of HxH) but I really do hope we get to see Baam and/or Koon dropped into a really crazy battle or test soon. I really liked the crown game...

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011
These tests almost always have fake names on the scoreboards, remember the earlier tests?

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax
Chapter 8 came out quite early this week.

So Baam will be playing a game to determine whether he has to pick teammates or not (or something like that), and because this part is (supposedly) about Ja Wangnan, he'll almost certainly lose.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Only took 8 chapters to see his drat eyes. Good to see BaamViole's finally living up to his irregular title though. He pretty much declared war on the tower itself just now.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
Huh. I wonder why he's gunning for Zahard. Rachel was the one who betrayed him after all, so I guess either something must have happened in the timeskip or he learned something about Zahard.

Kneel Before Zog
Jan 16, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Can't wait to see post timeskip Koon meet with Baam.

Panzerschwein
May 8, 2009

sboobs
Screw Koon, a reunion with Gator would be the most glorious of all.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

I really like the design on this test administrator.

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

Slime posted:

Huh. I wonder why he's gunning for Zahard. Rachel was the one who betrayed him after all, so I guess either something must have happened in the timeskip or he learned something about Zahard.

I assume That whomever FUG is they are the ones that found Baam after Rachel nearly killed him and part of helping him find her again is his help with this whole Anti Zahard situation.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

gently caress april fools. They got me good.

Kneel Before Zog
Jan 16, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Frome posted:

gently caress april fools. They got me good.

What happened?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
http://www.batoto.net/read/_/94333/tower-of-god_v2_ch9_by_the-company

The Holy Queef
Jul 13, 2003
No, it is not gross, in fact, it's funny, yeah, think of it that way.
The golden tower >.<

It was a good one i thought.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I have to admit I don't get it. Is the picture a reference to something?

EDIT: And here's the real chapter: http://www.batoto.net/read/_/94964/tower-of-god_v2_ch9_by_the-company

Finally, a hot bath scene in ToG. :quagmire:

Sindai fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Apr 4, 2012

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
The April Fools joke was a pun on ToG = Tower of Gold, I think, in addition to being a fake update to trick you into thinking there was an early release

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
That was a good chapter. The author definitely has a sense of humour when it comes to poking fun at the androgyny of some of his characters.

Looks like at least a few of the regulars don't mind the idea of going against Zahard.

Slime fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Apr 4, 2012

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
The name Hatsu sounds familiar. Has he appeared before?

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Serious Frolicking posted:

The name Hatsu sounds familiar. Has he appeared before?

I think he was the guy who had two swords. The Sword Which Flies Higher Than Any Other and The Sword Which Flies Lower Than Any Other.

He was the son of a potter.

Also it was mentioned that swords suck more and more as you climb the tower so I guess that might be why he lost.

Also, Rapdevil. That's a fantastic name.

Slime fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Apr 4, 2012

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Slime posted:

I think he was the guy who had two swords. The Sword Which Flies Higher Than Any Other and The Sword Which Flies Lower Than Any Other.

He was the son of a potter.

Also it was mentioned that swords suck more and more as you climb the tower so I guess that might be why he lost.

Also, Rapdevil. That's a fantastic name.

Right - and the swords sucking as you climb the tower was from a blog post, the reasoning has to do with increasing shinsoo density as you climb, so they become more difficult to swing, or some-such. That's why Needle weapons are more popular. I suppose that goes for spears as well.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

I wonder if it's odd that I look forward releases of this more than anything except maybe One Piece & Advance of the Giants? I read Naruto and Bleach less than an hour ago and I honestly can't even remember what happened in those.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

FallenGod posted:

I wonder if it's odd that I look forward releases of this more than anything except maybe One Piece & Advance of the Giants? I read Naruto and Bleach less than an hour ago and I honestly can't even remember what happened in those.

It's not odd, ToG is honestly really quite good. Naruto and Bleach have gotten boring as poo poo. Sasuke can hardly be called interesting. ToG did a much better job of having a character become a sort-of-antagonist.

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Sarcophallus posted:

Right - and the swords sucking as you climb the tower was from a blog post, the reasoning has to do with increasing shinsoo density as you climb, so they become more difficult to swing, or some-such. That's why Needle weapons are more popular. I suppose that goes for spears as well.

It was also mentioned during the crown game by another sword user http://mangafox.me/manga/tower_of_god/v01/c016/4.html

Are those blog posts translated somewhere?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
The tower of god wiki. You need to know what you're looking for though

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Freaksaus posted:

It was also mentioned during the crown game by another sword user http://mangafox.me/manga/tower_of_god/v01/c016/4.html

Are those blog posts translated somewhere?

I may have misremembered! There are in fact a couple of collections of the blog posts, between which you should be able to find most.

http://www.batoto.net/forums/topic/4774-master-author-blogtranslations-thread-2-updated-2012-03-12/

http://forums.mangafox.me/threads/244352-Spoilers-Author-s-Blog-Translations

The Holy Queef
Jul 13, 2003
No, it is not gross, in fact, it's funny, yeah, think of it that way.

Sarcophallus posted:

I may have misremembered! There are in fact a couple of collections of the blog posts, between which you should be able to find most.

http://www.batoto.net/forums/topic/4774-master-author-blogtranslations-thread-2-updated-2012-03-12/

http://forums.mangafox.me/threads/244352-Spoilers-Author-s-Blog-Translations

Some juicy info there wow!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
So, does anyone else think that Baam is definitely not going to tolerate a test proctor trying to screw him this time?

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

So, does anyone else think that Baam is definitely not going to tolerate a test proctor trying to screw him this time?

Seeing as Love probably means to whack him despite orders to the contrary, it's more like Baam while have to survive.

He will probably survive with TEAMWORK and then oh poo poo all those new guys are screwed since they're now associated with FUG. Better keep them with him so he can keep them safe!

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

We need to send all of our cash moneys to this guy so that he can fulltime update forever

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

pandaK posted:

We need to send all of our cash moneys to this guy so that he can fulltime update forever

Um...the translators or the actual artist? Because the actual creator is a professional, and gets paid by Naver, the Korean website that hosts the original, for this comic.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

pnumoman posted:

Um...the translators or the actual artist? Because the actual creator is a professional, and gets paid by Naver, the Korean website that hosts the original, for this comic.

Speaking of - I've been told that he's paid based on some combination of views and ratings. With that said if you want to support the author check out his comic at:

http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/list.nhn?titleId=183559

Supposing you can make an account, you could even help raise his already high ratings. (I think the lowest he's gotten was a 9.4).

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

Sarcophallus posted:

Speaking of - I've been told that he's paid based on some combination of views and ratings. With that said if you want to support the author check out his comic at:

http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/list.nhn?titleId=183559

Supposing you can make an account, you could even help raise his already high ratings. (I think the lowest he's gotten was a 9.4).

Yes, please visit the naver sites of Korean webcomics you enjoy. I think the ones being translated are Tower of God, Noblesse, and Special Martial Arts Extreme Hell Private High School. The translators usually have the links to the chapter in goo.gl form; give the professionals a pageview or two!

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

pnumoman posted:

I think the ones being translated are

Really should be a Korean Manwha/Webcomics Megathread.

Also a :korea: emote with crying cabbage.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Doc Hawkins posted:

Then make one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kneel Before Zog
Jan 16, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Doc Hawkins posted:

Yes there really should be. I'd like to know what other gems Korean manhwa has to offer like Tower of God/Noblesse/Shin Angyo Onishi.

Then make one.

I've been considering it. That and describing it misleadingly so those who read it will have their expectations blown away for better or worse.