Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I don't think Rachel was a master manipulator. I think she was basically a normal person who ended up in a pivotal role by accident. She got special treatment including her hand-picked super team only because the administrators wanted to use her as a weapon against an irregular.

Rachel was fond of Baam, but not to the degree Baam was obsessed with her. Once her legs got messed up, her only hope of climbing the tower was to take the deal to kill Baam. Ultimately, she valued her dream more than she did Baam. Also, she was too afraid to accept Baam's offer to accompany him up the tower because of how many enemies he had just by existing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

alkanphel posted:

The whole tower structure system reminded me a bit of the Infinity Fortress in GetBackers.

Only not intensely stupid.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Who is Byul, then? And Yisoo too, I guess.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Nasgate posted:

A considerable lack of turtles in this chapter :(

Though I'm glad Koon is onto her, though why is he still helping her?

Koon always plays the long game.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
So, anyone still think that Rachel literally stabbed Baam in the back in order to save him?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I thought her little monologue about how she was tired of Koon showed more of her character than ever before. Rachel is not especially kind or intelligent.

I'd like to see what her life was like before becoming a regular from her perspective, as Baam's flashbacks seem to have been incredibly biased.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I don't buy that Rachel could possibly be more skilled than Koon, much less to a degree where he couldn't even notice this fact.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Normally, the tower admins loving hate irregulars. However, if an irregular with no special skills who could be easily manipulated appeared, I don't think they would really care.

Remember, they tried getting rid of Anak, too. Origin is secondary to how much a threat someone is to the status quo.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Even if Baam somehow isn't an irregular in the usual sense, he is most certainly unusual and dangerous.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
If Baam came from outside the tower, then obviously Rachel did as well.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Genocyber posted:

She's also hasn't been shown being upset over her eye, which could mean that losing it wasn't a big deal for her.

Also, why the hell is she so popular? It seems that 90% of fanart is of her.

People love fancy eyepatches, I guess.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Well. That explains an awful lot.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
It is also possible that Baam is somehow fundamentally different from other irregulars. Maybe the use of the term 'non-regular' was deliberate and not simply a different translation?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Nasgate posted:

I think the difference is that the other Irregulars are still from the tower, they just forced their way in instead of getting chosen by Headon. At least that's how I read it.

Baam is from outside the tower completely.

See, if that were true it would mean that Rachel was also from outside the tower. Whether that is true or not, she is still from the same place as Baam but has not shown any special qualities. The key difference between the two is that Baam was imprisoned alone in a cave, while Rachel could come and go from said cave. I can think of several reasons why she might have been able to enter off the top of my head, so I'm not too concerned about Rachel's role for that part.

So, who is Baam? Why was he imprisoned?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I was hoping that Baam's motivations were a bit more complex, actually. The hostage thing is a bit simplistic. He isn't even chasing Rachel to get answers.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Baam didn't do the skeleton armor thing. I'm sure he has learned to do stuff other than freeze people, but all he did during the fight with Love was that and Love's own moves. He probably could have beaten Love if he had needed to.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Whup, he used a 'legendary technique' in front of Viole. I don't think he is going to have many problems with normal rankers from now on.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
So, has the Hong family been mentioned before?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
But goddamn, Rachel is dedicated to that lie. She has been doing it for like a decade now without cracking.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

AtomikKrab posted:

It hasn't Explicitly it has been 7 years since she betrayed baam.

That was the first time skip. The duration of the second isn't clear.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Hodgepodge posted:

In terms of conveying what it seems to mean, I think that Baang would probably be best translated as "object."

Myun is normally translated as "size" or "surface," but English word for what the translators are going for is "volume."

Soo is shinsoo density within a Baang.

So wave controllers vary in how many Objects they can make and control, the Volume of space they can enclose in an object, and how Dense they can make an object.

You make room seem like a very succinct translation. Objects aren't necessarily containers, after all.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I liked that they figured out a way for Yeon to work with a team. She can't team-kill if no teammates are nearby!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Hodgepodge posted:

This scan had some problems as well. But it was tolerable.

Suddenly some pretty big comedy-of-errors type plotting with Koon's team meeting a teammate of Baam's without Baam present. And of course neither even know him by the same name.

Even if they tried describing Baam to the other party it doesn't seem like they would recognize him. The only defining trait from pre-timeskip that still applies to Baam is that he is an irregular, and that isn't something you go telling to complete strangers.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

That seems completely in character for him.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I wonder what her deal is, if not working for the skinny right arm?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Also, the person who said he wasn't breathing is already lying her rear end off every chance she gets.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

cooldude2.0 posted:

It's tough when a character's power is freezing stuff in place. Scene will be so much better when it's animated.

When do webtoons ever get animated?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
She murdered a helpless man in cold blood because he didn't do what she wanted. How many times does she need to literally stab someone in the back to be considered a villain?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Everything Rachel has done has been to her benefit, to the detriment of anyone who gets in her way. If she has motivations aside from self-interest, I would certainly like to know what those are.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Did they even say what the benefit of the dark bullets was? It seemed like there was no point in using them.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Someone who is shot is disqualified, likely to prevent that sort of thing. This is an elimination round, after all.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Sarcophallus posted:

New chapter is out.

Not too much in content this time. There's probably a bit too much going on at once.

My antivirus caught a bunch of malware from that site. I would suggest finding a new manga viewer.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Has there been any explanation for why Rak shrank yet?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
No mere turtle stands a chance.
Note: everyone is a turtle.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Even Baam couldn't quite beat some random test proctor, though to be fair he didn't use his pseudo-ignition weapon.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
They still had to get Baam out of that room in order to summon him. Teddy and the other guy might have still come through in time even if FUG hadn't rigged everything in advance.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I dunno if Cassano is really a social revolution kind of guy, though.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
The tournament is being held by the workshop. The workshop makes weird poo poo. They made said weird poo poo available for purchase by participants with points. Even though making money isn't their primary concern here, advertising their stuff to potential customers certainly can't hurt.

I'm guessing the pipe was stolen from somewhere while he was running around in disguise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Good thing they didn't show Baam on tv, or else the rest of the zahard princesses probably would have started a revolt for the chance at dating him. Dude is just irresistible to princesses.