Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I'm curious how he knows what he was named when Lahel was his first interaction with another person. There is so much unexplained in this story, they're only just about to leave level 2 of 137 or whatever of the regular levels and doesn't Lahel's dream actually require them climbing the rest of the levels that rankers can't climb/aren't allowed to climb?

I'd just like a chapter devoted to actually explaining what the gently caress is going on in the world the series is set in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

For Trace and I think Noblesse I've seen photos of the published volumes.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Well I wonder if Baam will just go totally apeshit for a while

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

The Blind Eye posted:

This whole chapter can be summarized in a single phrase: THAT BITCH

I pray Baam is alive. I pray that this is when he disides to storm this place like a irregular should.

Gurren Laggen style. :kamina:

Same. Baam has been entirely too normal for an irregular.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I'm expecting this to be the catalyst that causes Baam to go crazy and gently caress poo poo up like all of the other irregulars. Especially now that one of the previous irregulars and highest rankers with an organisation that opposes Zahard wants to meet him

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I'd say it makes more sense than normal. He spent pretty much his entire life in some pit alone then met Lahel. Now he has met lots of other people so wants some friends whereas they have all been around people before

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Well at least its hinted at some direction the series is going, largely with the overthrow of Zahard or something similar. I'm not surprised people want to replace him. Headon is a floor guardian right, not a ranker? I wonder how the floor guardians play into this

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

For those wondering about a break, I'd imagine it closer to Noblesse than Trace. Noblesse was originally only a month break I think that they ended up cutting down to 2 weeks. Likely just some time off to have a break and get the next part of the story in order.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

The tower of god wiki. You need to know what you're looking for though

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

He's capable of using it without a contract with a floor manager. This is almost certainly going to become a major plot point considering the reason FUG mainly can't overthrow Zahard is because he has the first contracts with all of them

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

You're trying to read it on a phone which is almost certainly the problem

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Rachel's betrayal was all designed to hide Baam from Zahard from what I remember though. They needed to have him appear dead so that the rulers wouldn't be aware of another irregular climbing the tower. I would have thought Baam would have been told of this once he'd been recovered after the betrayal took place

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I meant that he knows since the time skip

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Do people think that seeing the sky is climbing the tower as is known or actually climbing to the top? In case anyone hasn't read the notes about it the floors that are climbed typically aren't the whole tower but that the floor guardians above are incredibly powerful and dangerous and don't like people on their floors

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Seems a bit short sighted to turn someone into the strongest person in the tower while killing all their friends in the process

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Theres not really any other reason him not being part of that group when they were shown if he was a member

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

http://www.mangareader.net/tower-of-god/166

I like how this is going

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

No Wave posted:

I'd really prefer if he did.
To that end, if someone wildly reckless and pathetically weak like Wangnan doesn't die in the world of this manga, then who will?

Wangnan is the protagonist of season 2

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

To add to that living in the tower in most places is generally extremely lovely.

I can only hope the absolutely horrible pacing is him using a bunch of fights to allow him to plan out more of the games that let them go up the tower

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Its worth remembering that the top of the tower that rankers get to isn't actually the true top of the tower, just as far as the guardians were friendly. Baam being an irregular with the thorn could mean the story will involve everything above what the rankers get to

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

khy posted:

Is that stated somewhere in the story because I genuinely thought that "Ranker = someone who's been to the very top". That's why when certain rankers (Baseball boy, that one easily-provoked tester from way back when) seem comparatively weak it didn't make much sense to me.

The difference in strength is easy enough, its just the difference between someone who barely succeeded in climbing the tower and someone who never had any trouble. I'm not sure its ever been explicitly stated in the chapters, but they used to/do have a bunch of info text that came after chapters that wasn't always translated

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Bernardo Orel posted:

The "reunion" that's happening right now should liven things a bit hopefully, but yeah I agree, suuuper boring stuff.

Baam struggling against rankers is one thing but all the previous irregulars have made short work of the tower and he should really be much stronger than the regulars

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Its been a while since we've seen crazy baam so its good

It was Daniel who got smashed into the ground?

Jose fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Apr 19, 2015

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Baam's personality is nothing like the one other known irregular or the others that have been written about in blog posts

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Lyon posted:

I thought, based on the blog posts, that Irregulars were people who entered the Tower through their own power rather than being chosen by the Tower (or being born there I guess). This gives them certain Irregular abilities which sounded primarily like not being as bound by the Tower's rules. It also seems to mean they are exceptional in some way (whether their power is developed or not) since they basically forced their way into the tower.

Irregulars can use shinsoo and I'm sure other things without requiring the floor guardians permission which is what makes them dangerous. Everyone born in the tower has to follow the rules so Zahard can't be harmed

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I feel its about time Bam finally becomes ludicrously powerful like the other irregulars but I suppose it kind of messes with the story if he's that much more of a monster than the regulars

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Do Slayer candidates have to be irregulars or is there some other reason they can be one?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

He was confirmed a regular in the blog posts I think. As are the heads of the 10 families

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Baam's climbing of the tower is at a pace for a reason.

The real question is whether or not the other irregulars have shinsoo manipulation to the level baam has in that it appears living. Baam's weird situation before he entered the tower and being the main story does suggest he might be a creation of the tower

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i think most slayers are just for killing family heads, it only requires an irregular to kill zahard. which of course is still dumb they're potentially killing the only irregular they have control over assuming hwa ryun isn't part of fug

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

its odd that rachel being an irregular seems to be completely ignored since baam isn't exactly quiet about his relationship

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

while most irregulars are insanely powerful the real reason fug are interested is because they're the only people capable providing the killing blow. there is nothing to say rachel would be useless properly trained

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

there is clearly something special about baam which is why he's different and also why rachel was able to get into the tower

i really want a picture of the tower from the outside of wherever it is due to its stupid size

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Andarel posted:

That said, the only thing we know about the "outside" are the bits we've seen from before the gate was opened...and that's not much. Does society even exist outside the tower?

most likely since a large group of people were the first outsiders to climb the tower.

i'm glad we're seeing more of the people who were inside the tower from the start though

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i hope baam is going to be stomping people after this and we can see gator fight

i just want to see him fight its been ages

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

That and for Baam at least they're largely unimportant.

I remember thinking something would come of him having an A-rank pocket

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

why is most naver stuff suddenly being released a day later? This used to come out on a sunday in the UK as did god of high school on a thursday and they don't anymore

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Decus posted:

Because we're thankfully getting the actual comics now instead of whatever's early-submitted. Way less missing panels this way when comparing to the primary naver releases and if they're still getting the early submission work to start translating from it might give them more time to proof better too.

i meant the official releases, they've all started coming out the next day recently as i'm in the UK

also that chapter owned

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

oh right, i thought you were talking about the mangacow scans. i still can't believe the site is free unless there are ads i'm blocking but judging by the phone app that seems unlikely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

khy posted:

I'm somewhat ambivalent towards Rachel right now. She's such a huge part of Baam's motivations that without her I feel like he'd probably lose most if not all motivation to keep climbing. But at the same time it's rather annoying to see her continue on given how weak she is. I wouldn't mind it if she died but it would become rather messy since FUG would target actual interesting characters in order to force Baam to accomplish their goals.

uzek marino owning some fug people to leave baam alone would let him continue climbing without their presence and i don't think ToG would be worse off for fug not interfering with baam