Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i think the problem with fug is either baam becomes a true irregular and fug can't touch him or he's hamstrung for the rest of the story to keep fug a threat. baam becoming a true irregular like has been hinted at would be good though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

Baam being an irregular along the lines of Urek Mazino wouldn't mean he's untouchable; he might be the equivalent of a regular one or two ranks above his current rank or something, but Rankers would still be able to easily beat him until he reaches, at the very least, the higher parts of the tower.

Uzek marino climbed the tower faster than anyone by a long way so its probably safe to assume that he was probably close to being a ranker either when he started or about where Baam is. Baam is specifically unusual as an irregular in that he isn't insanely powerful from the start. How high someone is doesn't necessarily equate to how strong they are but i'd like to see baam show he's in fact really strong with this new thing because something has to give in the FUG plot

like i don't think baam is about to start curb stomping everyone if only because its not his personality

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

baam was his first friend even. baam was warned that he'd be betrayed by khun very early on since thats a trait of the family and its funny because i can't remember if that was a FUG warning or whatever or might still be an incredibly long con

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

baam doesn't know is the whole point. he was trapped in a hole that some girl could get into and talk to him and he followed her into the tower despite not knowing anything

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

he means roen and the fact you didn't realise that was a typo is really funny

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Silver2195 posted:

Someone in the comments on Naver theorized a way Baam could win by saving Hoaqin's teammates as well as his own. Ironically enough, though, I'm not sure Baam is altruistic enough to do it. SIU did say that he doesn't consider Viole truly "good."

Baams reaction at the end suggests this is going to happen though. Baam isn't good he's insane particularly about friends and knowing that Hoaqin doesn't give a poo poo means he'll try to save them most likely

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Baam is an irregular so him being one of the strongest people in the tower was always a given should he make it to the top

edit: I'm pretty sure the monster thing we saw recently was part of the irregular power

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

he probably will but the more important bit is he made a sword of shinsu and stole the sword fighting style which he will probably keep. the sword seems to be a big thing since they're usually sort of poo poo in the tower if not held by the very best people

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

they're still really low in the tower so of course they're weak as poo poo compared to rankers. i hope that ending means baam isn't going to be hung up on rachel and nothing else from now on

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i liked how everyone itt assumed someone with his name on his back couldn't actually be urek mazino

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

its good to see SIU didn't forget the rice pot at least

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

remember that warning way back at the start of ToG not to trust him. i remember it but not who said it

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

he's going to beat jahad whether or not he currently knows it. none of the other irregulars cared but he does about the tower being poo poo

i like that after the warning he got about khun the only person is him because khun also hates the tower

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

its a good trick and hatsu can get a new weapon

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i'm not really sure why baam wasn't going to go all out before

also i miss the author comments

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i thought they had value such that it wasn't an option but i'm probably forgetting

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

you'd have thought a ha ranker would recognise a FUG member of the ha family

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

he's in the top 100 rankers its odd that anyone wouldn't recognise him really

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

hope we get to see the fight :prepop:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Hirethor posted:

I just remembered that Ha Jinsung is at the station too, and that he already warned Karaka to leave Bam alone.

him showing us the difference between a rank 100+ and a rank 500+ would be interesting

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

evan is one of the most powerful people in the tower i'm glad he's not sitting it out

i can't really see karaka winning but i would like to see him beaten by ha jinsung

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Coffee Mugshot posted:

As if Baam didn't already learn that skill, how to ignite the giant rear end sword, and doesn't already have a copy of the frog ring in 3 different colors

baam makes a shinsu sword instead which nobody else is capable of and steals sword techniques first time

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

thats the real reason rachel hates him

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i wonder how many hundreds of chapters it will be when we find out why rachel is so weak despite being an irregular

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Sarcophallus posted:

I don't think it was explicitly stated, but the whole issue is that when there's a new irregular in the tower they are quickly snuffed out by Zahard's folks like RED if they aren't powerful enough before coming in (like Urek).

i think irregulars are incredibly rare rather than getting snuffed out early. People simply don't know if someone is an irregular until likely its too late. those in the tower are the 10 families, enryu who killed a guardian, urek and an actual god who won't show up in the story

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i hope this is where he gets whatever power up he's hiding

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Sarcophallus posted:

I don't think he's hiding any power up. I hope he'll always be relatively weak, but that he'll be the glue that holds folks together.

There was a blog post about him recently, will try to find that because the author made a point of highlighting that his weakness is part of what makes his character interesting to write.

he recovered from what should have been a cause of death and other characters commented on it and he's karaka's brother/Jahad's son it seems. even if its not some hidden power up i imagine this will encourage him to be less weak.

this is rachel's first actual kill then?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Only character j care about that much is rak

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

it makes sense in that jahad can't be killed by inhabitants of the tower and we've yet to see any actual members of his family other than presumably them

i don't think it was really trying to humanise rachel it was just like i said being the first case of her personally killing someone

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Gyges posted:

If that was the first time she personally killed someone, it's only through being incompetent as gently caress. I'm pretty sure she's at least tried to kill a few people on panel, aside from the little boy who followed her into the tower and she tried to kill via fall damage but it didn't take.

Not going to deny that and baam is a bit of a special case

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

seems a bit silly to give the keys to the higher floors to your secret children

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Wangnan being killed in ever more excessive ways while he mysteriously recovers since he's a jahad would be good imo

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

this seems as good a thread as any. i only read ToG, god of highschool, gamer and noblesse. any other webtoons worth reading. only want action really and preferably something on wednesday/thursday for when i'm having a poo poo at work :thumbsup:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i'm glad that SIU has made the floors past the current rankers an actual thing

i wonder what made jahad stop and why he is the leader of the 10 families tbh

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

she is very scared of him for reasons we don't know aside from him obsessively following her up the tower

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i tried reading some early chapters yesterday and drat they're ugly compared to now

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i'm glad khun is getting a big power up

also that eyes was someone new but also a surprise

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Hirethor posted:

Heck yeah power up, but how was the guy that we had never seen before a surprise considering in the last chapter they said "we're gonna meet a new guy"?

i meant where he came from etc and he wasn't just some ranker

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

rachel's is largely different in that she wants to climb the entire tower. most other people just want to climb to the final safe floor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i kind of want to see them just stomp the poo poo out of the floors from now on