Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

I'm pretty sure that the regulars we see in the tower are from the "outer tower" which is striated and part of the tower itself. The testing and all that is done in the "middle tower" and is also the only way to go about between different floors of the tower. At least that's what I got from slamming this whole thing in one day like a case of High Life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

copy
Jul 26, 2007

So then the middle tower is where the first princess Bamm met is right now, as she tries to get to Evankhell's Hell, the inner tower is where Baam and co. are, and the outer tower is where people who haven't yet been chosen by the tower are?

copy
Jul 26, 2007

pnumoman posted:

Koon is almost certainly not dead, as we don't even get the hint of a body anywhere. Dan, on the other hand, is most certainly deader than dead.

Given that we still don't know anything about Rachel's true motivations, I think that's a premature statement to make.

They'd have to be some extenuating-rear end motivations to make brutally stabbing a helpless dude because he called you out on betraying your friends into a not-completely-villainous act. That being said maybe they exist and Rachel is an anti-hero instead of a compelling villain.

Sarcophallus posted:

Being a horrible, villainous person doesn't strictly make her an antagonist.

Yeah but it also doesn't do much to convince people that she's actually an anti-hero. So either there's something really convincing going on here that we readers don't know about yet or maybe dude didn't completely understand what anti-hero means. Honestly I'd prefer if it's the first one, but right now, from what I've seen in the comic, I can't fathom what her reasons would be that would explain her behavior in a way that makes her an anti-hero.

e: I think I'm dumb above here and misusing anti-hero. Aren't anti-heroes protagonists by definition, so maybe that's what is going on here? If she is supposed to be a protagonist, then maybe what SIU meant when he said she was an anti-hero to Baam's hero was that we had two people who entered the tower, and Baam kept heroic qualities such as kindness and goodness while Rachel ditched that poo poo in an instant and decided to live life for herself an nobody else.

copy fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Feb 11, 2013