Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Er, isn't Baam's name 25th Baam, not 35th?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
25th is his date of birth.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Nah, the testing is done in the Inner Tower. The Middle Tower is used for travelling between the floors and the Outer Floor is where people live.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Nope, Anak still has it.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Who says he/she can't control more than one at a time?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Probably Yuri

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah there are high rankers, which are the top 1000. Yuri is one of those. She's also a princess, which is given power from the King.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Also of note, Koon's father is ranked 6 and Evankhell(the leader of the 2nd floor, he hasn't been seen yet) is around 60.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah it's on the wiki, I'm not sure where the info comes from. Maybe from the site of the author?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Chapter 72

I'm glad that the red haired girl is finally doing something. She hasn't done poo poo since the Crown game.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

AtomikKrab posted:

Chapter 73

This is a pretty big one, Lahel came and went from Baam's cave to wherever she came from (Inside the tower?) Helps explain where stuff came from at least.

Please start using spoiler tags in this thread, it's getting annoying to be told stuff that's going to happen in the chapter before reading it.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I was kind of hoping Baam actually IS dead but lack of a body always means they're alive. Certainly was NOT expecting this though.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Mad Fnorder posted:

Isn't Lahel a Regular, also?

We don't know for sure, but given the scene where she gets taken into the tower I'd say it's pretty likely.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeeeeah, that part I'm confused by. Was it a translation issue? Retcon? Twist?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
If it was just that I wouldn't be confused. But earlier it was said that the name she gave to the Rankers was Rachel Light(like she was using an alias) but Baam still called her Lahel. Not sure if that was just the translators still deciding whether to use Rachel or what. It doesn't make sense she'd call herself by her real name then tell Baam "Nah I have the same name and look the same as the person you know but I'm not her".

I wonder if any other names will change now though.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Ah, alright then. This makes a whole lot more sense to me now.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Interesting theory, considering the princess that held the December weapon was sealed away after she went berserk.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Does this mean coffee dude has been a good guy this whole time? Or maybe he's just not aligned with Zahard.

Also there is definitely going to be a timeskip.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah I think they're just using Rachel, she had no idea about the plan. She thought she was killing Baam when she pushed him.

As for who Yu is talking to, I think it's either Headon or Urek Mazino, the leader of the Wing Tree Organization

RatHat fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Jan 6, 2012

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Jose posted:

Well at least its hinted at some direction the series is going, largely with the overthrow of Zahard or something similar. I'm not surprised people want to replace him. Headon is a floor guardian right, not a ranker? I wonder how the floor guardians play into this

Yeah Headon is the 1st floor guardian. He seems pretty special among the guardians though, since he can travel to other floors and he's the one that chooses the regulars.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Somehow I doubt Baam would change his hair color or personality that much.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Er, we do?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
There is an outside to the tower though. It's where most irregulars come from and where Zahard came from.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
http://www.batoto.net/read/_/94333/tower-of-god_v2_ch9_by_the-company

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Unless there's some handicap on the Ranker, Baam is gonna lose horribly. Even if shinsoo attacks don't work on him, he's still way below the level of a ranker.
Of course that assumes it's a traditional fight which it might not be.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I don't think Hatsu died, just that he lost a fight.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

TheDemon posted:

If the remote can't leave the room, and you can only use your own connector, why did Baam need to take the remote from Yeon? He's got to go get his own connector from the Ranker first.

He needs the remote to open the door.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Uh, I'm not quite sure what happened with Viole. He used shinsoo to hit the button or something?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
People higher up in the tower have gotta have some sort of defense against that, it's getting a bit ridiculous.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Oh, Viole=Violet. Not a surprise from the people who translated Rachel as Lahel.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Also since Rapdevil didn't know where the remote was, he couldn't have let anyone into the room.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So I just found out the author did a Maplestory/Tower of God crossover for Maplestory's 9th anniversary. It's obviously non-canon by the way.

EDIT: Forgot SA doesn't like 'shack so just go to This Page and go the images from there instead.

It takes place post-timeskip, so not sure if those are supposed to be Rak, Koon and Androssi's post-timeskip appearances or what. Androssi has her shields back which make it even more confusing.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Jun 21, 2012

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Ah, forgot the site did that. Just go to This Page and then go to the 'shack images from there.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I'm pretty sure he gets paid for doing the webcomic, and the length of a chapter probably isn't something he decides.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Sindai posted:

Where exactly does it say nobody's ever actually reached the top of the tower? I could have sworn it said all rankers are people who've reached the top.

No one has completed the Floor 135 and up Guardian tests yet.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I was't sure if that was Koon or not either, but the authors notes at the end seem to confirm it.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Nasgate posted:

But doesn't FUG not need a figurehead? considering that it's an organization created by a specific Irregular?

You're thinking of the Wingtree Organization, which is different. FUG was created by one of the people who climbed the tower with Zahard.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Silver2195 posted:

I don't get why this thread likes that character so much. He's just a Klingon-equivalent used to make tsundere jokes.

Personally, I'm looking forward to more of characters like Anak, Koon, and Jaina being all :smug: and :master:.

Jaina?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I thought the author said that Koon and Rachel split from the rest of the group.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I prefer the name translation of The Company though.