Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Shugojin posted:

I'm not really sure! It could be none, or it could be that since irregulars are somehow fundamentally different from anyone the scientists have data on that Baam simply won't respond as expected.

I do suspect that however they intend to control him involves shinsoo somehow and we know that as an irregular Baam is abnormally good at controlling it. His unconscious control seems to be more powerful than his conscious control as well - see his ease of moving through the tank on Headon's floor and being totally unaffected by the projected wall of shinsoo on the Floor of Test for examples.

From what I understand they're just going to put his soul into the thorn, then have something else use it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Slime posted:

On the current topic, if you put the soul of a living ignition weapon into a weapon, does that make it a double ignition weapon? Obviously the demon is needed, and so is an irregular, so it looks like they'll need Baam and the demon together. I also wonder how long Baam has been a living ignition weapon. Did it happen in the timeskip when he got picked up by FUG, or has it always been the case?

Back when living ignition weapons were first shown Baam explained how it happened. It was during the timeskip.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
A lot of irregulars(if the 5 we know about aren't the only ones) are probably stopped at the 2nd floor yeah. You have to be very powerful or lucky(in Baam's case) to climb the tower as an irregular.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
He was "demoted" to 2nd place when Enryu appeared due to inactivity, but Phantaminium was definitely ranked higher because of combat ability. Influence definitely matters when considering rank, but I don't think someone with no skills at all would be able to be a high-ranker even if they were the most influential person in the tower.

Anyway, for the majority of the high rankers higher rank does mean more power.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Nov 7, 2013

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
To be fair it'll probably be explained eventually, it just doesn't matter right now.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I wouldn't be surprised if the irregulars don't even care, and it seems like the family heads are pretty much retired at this point. Zahard is sleeping or something as well.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It was almost outright stated that he's the prince of Zahard, yeah. SIU has said that he hasn't unlocked his true power as well.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Brave GNU World posted:

The princesses aren't Zahard's actual children, it's just a title for people chosen by Zahard to inherit a bit of his power.

The point is they can't inherit his power if he's dead.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
This is going way too smoothly. No way FUG hasn't predicted this.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Nf3 posted:

How did Bugle head fall? Really, I can't make it out.

What...?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Kinda disappointed FUG bailed Viole out rather than Koon and the others saving him with their own strength.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

pinegala posted:

I can't remember where all these items and new powers came from

The first round with the guns.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Hirethor posted:

Either that or they can spend points in-between rounds like how Rak did to get that new spear.

Koon's, Mad Dog's and Androssi's items were won from the first game though. The rest were bought.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Einander posted:

They probably didn't notice that Wangnan's been wearing a ring with the Zahard eye crest until now; it's harder to hide when he's unconscious. Scar and Pyrotsundere are confused as to how in the heck he's up and moving so soon after, as page 13 notes, he was stabbed right in the heart.

I'm curious as to whether Wangnan's going to be a Super Hidden Potential kind of character or just an unusually durable normal guy with Zahard connections. I'm suspecting the latter, since we already have Baam for the first category.

Some of the author's notes imply it's probably the former. He said that Wangnan hadn't unlocked his true power yet.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Maybe he can set it to invisible mode like a pocket.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
That translation isnt very good.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Translation seemed better than last chapter. Wonder if it was just an easy chapter to translate or if they got a new translator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It probably just has an invisible mode when he isn't using it.