Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

A Korean webcomic is the last place id expect to see a Skyrim namedrop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Hahaha, whoops, I guess I should have mentioned that :)

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Ive seen that The Company splash page for a hundo chapters now and its made me curious, are the taboos against tattoos the same in Korea as they are in Japan?

Also at first I was getting sorta liar game vibes from this game but it looks like theyll just duke it out in the end.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Yea, it took me a second to figure out who Andorsi and Hatz were (Androssi and Hatsu)

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

lil baby anime posted:

Digging the translation from this group much more than the other two I've seen. Having to read page by page sucks, but I'm willing to make that sacrifice to be free of that crazy fucker.

I dunno Im sorta excited to see what sort of wierdoe translation note he throws down when Androssi is mentioned.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Hodgepodge posted:

Some great artwork in this chapter just after Ran lays the smackdown on Novick.

Novik having to wear the tiny little number 2 shirt made me smile.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

MadHat posted:

I always assumed teh Tower was not a physical Construct and the names Tower/Floors was just a useful label to explain it.

At some point in part 2 I think towards the end, Viole was talking to the protag of part 2 about the stars and he mentioned that if you went into the sky youd eventually just hit a blue painted ceiling.

Its entirely possible that its not a literal vertical tower, but each floor is definitely bounded by a physical barrier.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Is the redhead someone we know? Is it the girl that delivered the package to Rachel back on 2F?

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

I did a reread recently and theres a bunch of stuff I never noticed. Quants face is plastered on a lot of merchandise, including the Shinsoo meter that was used in part 2. Hes on a bunch of food items as well. I guess hes become a corporate whore.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Miffler posted:

I'm not convinced yet that it is Mazino. Why would he have his own name on his back?

Why did Steve-O have his own face on his back?

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Another setup chapter .

I wonder how Urek will respond to Baam being an irregular though.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Is there a hiatus before the next part starts

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

I know im being greedy but I seriously hope Koon meets up with Baam soon. Can it be in a chapter or two? SIU is good about not dragging this sort of stuff out but Ill be seriously annoyed if a bunch of Threes Company Coincidences keeps them from meeting for another 12 chapters.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Its been so long, it was really nice to see the entire gang back together. Who was the guy in the top middle of the spread though? Hes got a hood on but he doesnt look like Sleepy Man

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

TheDemon posted:

One point has me excited: Team Tangsooyook is missing Horyang and Baam now. Adding Koon fills one slot. Guess who's set off to look for Koon who might fill the other?

Is there a certain number of people who will participate in the Workshop battle? It might be a little early to start filling up ranks, team Tangsooyook could always drop the little girl in favor of someone else if the group size is restricted.

e: not to suggest that theyd do that unless the team size is so restrictive that you have to pick your strongest, like 3v3. Just saying theres no reason Rak would join Tangsooyook when hes been a part of Team Baam for so long unless Circumstances draw them together. Its all up to SIU now

Meme Emulator fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Mar 4, 2013

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

AtomikKrab posted:

Are you suggesting he would not GET INVOLVED IN AN ATTEMPT TO SAVE THE TURTLE?

Im just saying hes already in the other team. Or were we to assume hes been solo since then?

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

pinegala posted:

Who's the dude Koon was negotiating with? And were we supposed to know that the sword guy already knew Cassano from the past?

Thats Hatsu. He was the guy who teamed up with Anak and Leesoo way back on the second floor. Hes a pretty major character ;)

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Wow, thanks for that link, the chapter I read had pages missing all over the place, this makes a lot more sense.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

RatHat posted:

Wait, what? I thought only 3 people could win from each group.

Wangan, Prince and Akaraptor won. Miseng dropped her baton in the fight.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Sarcophallus posted:

And I imagine that was Koon's exact bet as well, which should give him a pretty huge advantage to start with over the others.

Tactics dont even play into it, he has to vote on members of Team Fried Chicken or else showing up in the tournament is a moot gesture. Theres no way he didnt vote on the people in his group. I guess he could hedge some bets against weaker members but that isnt likely.

I noticed Yiha was in the 5th match as well, which was shocking because I dont remember her being sent up.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

I thought Androssi was Yiha for a second there, the pose and outfit looked completely out of character. Well, I guess because it was a different character!

How long have they been teasing Baam reuniting with his friends? Its been so long now, and everyones starting to recognize Jyu Viole Grace. I hope we get to see it soon!

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Safe and Secure! posted:

Baam can copy any shinsoo technique he sees, right? So he because saw Bhargav make someone's head explode in the chapter before this one, he should be able to do that, too, right?

Well they never explained how it worked, and Im pretty sure every technique hes ever copied was targeting him, so he might have to be close to learn it

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

When did Dan hook up with Rak anyway?

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

After someone mentioned that they kept hiding how Anaks shorts worked with her tail a few chapters back, it looks like SIU has managed to figure it out since then since he wasnt afraid to draw her from behind.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

I love Raks attempt to lie.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Baam is worth a hundred Wangnans!

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

rizzen posted:

I hate to doublepost, but new chapter is out on Mangacow. More plot and a wild beat up Hatsu appears. Wonder what happened to Lero...

Im pretty sure Lero is in the red visored suit, and everyones just assuming its Hwa Ryun since red is her color

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

AtomikKrab posted:

The Thorn might be the weapon that slew the gaurdian, it might also have the power to kill zahard but it is currently drained or something so they want to use baam as a battery

Thats what I thought too, so why not just dump Rachel into it, shed be easier to control since she isnt a megafucker like Baam is but she still has the irregularity required to kill Zahard

rizzen posted:

You mean Yuto? Way too short to be Lero, no?

I just read a few chapters during the one shot game and Yuto does appear to be a midget, I never really noticed before.

Even though people can be as tiny as two feet and as tall as ten in the tower, Yuto is definitely petite and Hwa Ryun fits that better, it just seems too obvious that shes Yuto.

Meme Emulator fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Nov 4, 2013

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Soylentbits posted:

Because Rachel seems really weak? Also would she really be easier to manipulate? She's betrayed and killed her fair share of people by now and she's generally pretty unpredictable.

If Rachel got turned into a sword, it would be up to the Rachelsword wielder to have the strength to kill Zahard, right? Rachels individual strength wouldnt matter in that case. The Rachelsword would only be important because it has Rachel in it, who is an Irregular, and not bound by the rules of the tower, and therefore could kill Zahard.

Baam has infinite shinsoo control and is an insane wildcard while Rachel is just a normal person, id go so far as to say Rachel would be far easier to control. Epecially since her betrayals and killings were manipulated by FUG anyway. Theyve already got that poor dumb girl under thier finger.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Recursive Expanse posted:

I don't really think this is Fug's plan, but I wonder what would go down if Rachel was the one who used the powered up thorn, rather than the source of it's power. Weak or not, that would be one way to combine two irregular forces into one unpredictable power.

Like that'd ever happen. FUG was upset at Baam wielding the thorn, why would they want some usless idiot having it instead.

At least Baam wielding thorn makes sense, hes an irregular and would be strong enough to wield it. Rachelthorn would just be embarassing.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

You have to imagine that the test at the "top" floor of the tower is something incredible if nobody has bested it in all the time people have inhabited the tower. Theres been 3 immensely powerful irregulars and hundreds of thousands of rankers, and nobodys managed to do it? I doubt its a matter of Zahard being complacent, theres got to be some sort of kink in the rules that makes it almost impossible.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Sarcophallus posted:

Half were explosives, half were shinsoo bombs, and he purchased them with what cash he could spare. He was upset in his fight against Viole that he ran out of "good" (shinsoo) bombs because they were more expensive; the irony being that the actual explosives worked against him when the shinsoo ones were worthless.

Wangnan getting a lucky strike with a "bad" bomb and forcing Baam to guard with his wierd lobster thing since he wasnt expecting a non-shinsoo attack is one of my favorite moments in the story. Even as strong as an irregular is he can still get suckerpunched (even if Wangnan didnt know it was a suckerpunch)

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Serious Frolicking posted:

The tournament is being held by the workshop. The workshop makes weird poo poo. They made said weird poo poo available for purchase by participants with points. Even though making money isn't their primary concern here, advertising their stuff to potential customers certainly can't hurt.

I'm guessing the pipe was stolen from somewhere while he was running around in disguise.

No the pipe is just a pipe, he was using it as a makeshift weapon before he met Leroro and filled the hollow inside with shinshoo to strengthen it, so he likes using it now I guess.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Part Two End

http://www.mangapanda.com/tower-of-god/187

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

EvilTaytoMan posted:

So, silly question, but what happened to the floating diamond weapon thing that Baam has?

I dunno, its in his inventory maybe. It was such a major plot point last arc I doubt he sold it or anything

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Freaksaus posted:

I thought it was Koon in disguise at first

I thought it was Rachel, just because she was calling everyone idiots

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Gologle posted:

Apparently the ad at the end of the latest chapter was for a crossover game between ToG, GoHS, and HCLW called Hero Cantare. It's a mobile game, so it's likely just gacha trash.

I just started rereading after dropping when Joaquin shows up, and ive seen that stupid ad with Yuri asking Evan to lead the way so she can see Baam first over 200 times

One of the bad things about this comic is I cannot read FUG without immediately thinking of Spurdo bear

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Lol at the ranker who was so excited to work at Zahards altar immeditatly getting executed to keep the order under wraps. The three choices for the order were pretty shocking and I think the order coming down was one of the best scenes in the entire Hell Train. Last Station could have been cool but as everyone gets stronger this comic is turning into people floating around SHWINNNNG ing at each other instead of doing things

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Human experimentation seems like a really stupid thing to do in this setting because as soon as you get a success Headons just gonna pop up in front of the test subject and be like "Hey kid, wanna climb the tower?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

ATP_Power posted:

Being a recent arrival who read the webtoons official translation, reading through this thread and the wiki is pretty confusing with all the references to "Lahel", "Androssi", "Zahad", "Lee Soo" and so on when I know them as Rachel, Endorsi, Jahad and Shibisu.

Are these all artifacts of old fan scans that have stuck around from inertia, kinda like the early One Piece fan scans and their butchering of romanization?

That inertia is really freakin strong. I just finished my catchup and I hadnt read it since the Workshop battle and despite seeing "Jahad" written out right in front of my eyes I just straight up kept reading it as Zahard in my mind