Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009
Art is kinda funky this chapter and I'm getting a little scared that with such a large party group dynamics are going to become typecast but still looks pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009

Frome posted:

Ahaha drat I didn't even pick up on the significance of Yu actually mentioning the guide over the phone. It definitely has to be either Headon or someone in wing tree.

I think it's the second. One thing I like is that there doesn't really seem to be any good or bad dichotomy in this series. Just different political factions with their own motivations and stuff. We haven't been told much of anything about tower politics yet though, which kinda sucks.

Actually, if you read some of the extra written stuff by the author that's been translated, quite a bit of politics and background is out. I think it's definitely less interesting than if you just read the comic without that info though, so look for it at your own risk.

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009
We're two (one full) chapters into the new season.

https://www.batoto.com/comic/_/comics/tower-of-god-r1

Not really a fan of the generic shounen protag this time tbh

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009
I'm afraid that he's rushing it because of the frustration with writing he's been feeling lately. Hope he gets out of whatever funk he's in.

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009
http://www.batoto.net/read/_/107739/tower-of-god_v2_ch19_by_the-company

100th chapter!

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009
I don't get quite a few things in the chapter.

Who's the general examiner? Is he a new character? Is his position like the yellow-hair tea drinking guy/girl from the last section and the baseball guy is like the angry red-haired regular?

FUG is the organization that Baam/Viole's a part of right? Did they intentionally set it up so that Wangnan would meet with him and get passed?

Did Baam know which connector he plugged in? I thought that he did, but this chapter explicitly said he got tricked (thought it might be unreliable narrator?)

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009

TheDemon posted:

One point has me excited: Team Tangsooyook is missing Horyang and Baam now. Adding Koon fills one slot. Guess who's set off to look for Koon who might fill the other?

I forget who you're alluding to, but isn't the flash guy already joining?

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009
Did they pass off-panel?

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009
http://www.mangapanda.com/tower-of-god/137

Show him your nice guns guys

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009
http://www.mangapanda.com/tower-of-god/138

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009
Who's the dude Koon was negotiating with? And were we supposed to know that the sword guy already knew Cassano from the past?

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009

Autonomous Monster posted:

They thought he killed Koon.

This arc wasn't that long, was it? :v:

Wait, does the purple jumpsuit guy (who used to be previously worthless) know Baam is Baam?

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009
Can someone explain the rules of the game? If you're betting on individuals, is it just a chance for the top 8 (10?) to backstab their own original team by buying all the strong people in the team battle round? Also how does a round end, especially if more than half of the participants are in your original team?

Crampy Grampaw fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Jul 8, 2013

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009
I think what's confusing me is how the gamblers are decided: they were selected based on the prelim round results, but what if your team didn't have one person in the top eight?

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009
Where have the months series weapons gone? When was the last time we saw one of those?

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009
I can't remember where all these items and new powers came from

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009
http://www.mangapanda.com/tower-of-god/188

What are all these revelations going on and who's the dude at the end?

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009
Cool. And what's with all the red ring gazing/people being dodgy on page 14?

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009
I wonder when we're ever going to see the month weapons again

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009
Baam bring revealed as a huge creep would be a welcome and interesting twist considering every reveal he's had since the first arc has been "I can't believe he's the chosen one!!" He's probably the leas interesting character. At least Koon has that smug going for him.

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009
When are we going to see Black March or the rest of the month weapons? They teased them with the workshop battle, but nothing happened

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009

Brought To You By posted:

You'd think living for several hundred years, people would learn to stop accepting drinks from strangers.

They're all protected by plot armor anyways and they're pretty much aware of it. Something that I missed from the earlier chapters is the tension and sense of stakes. Now that we know that SIU won't even kill the side characters, a lot of the fun is gone. He even has his own generic superpower bishounen in young Koon dude. Baam's explicitly named as as powerful as Zahard or the other #1 ranker dude and every female falls for him, Koon is invincible (still hasn't lost a fight or gambit.) The characters are still ok though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009

PFlats posted:

Yeah, but we've always known that. This was never a story about some promising kid who will eventually end up as a mid level manager of Zahard. It's just that Bam hadn't until now.

Ya that's fine but Baam has never and will never lose a fight. There's no tension. He's morally unambiguous. He'll never hit a situation where he won't get another random power-up. Heck, his allies don't even matter since he'll just shinsu blast through everything. It's poor storytelling.