Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Thanks for this thread. Read up to the most recent chapter and I gotta say I'm really enjoying this. Loving all the characters and story and such, but being 60 chapters in and only being on the 2nd floor means there's gonna be a bunch of annoying waiting. Anyone know what kind of release schedule this has, if it even has one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Ah yeah that is a good point.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Chapter 63's up

Androssi is the greatest character.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Chapter 67

I swear the bull more than doubled in size in the last few chapters.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

They're really making us wait for the Yuri beatdown.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

It's weird how much this bull keeps changing. Went from some human sized thing to about as big as the drat worms. Fast as hell even when it's that big. How's Baam gonna deal with this :ohdear:

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Another Poster posted:

He doesn't have to I would think, someone else yell stop and the Bull stopped.

Haha oops. I thought it was Baam yelling stop, but this makes more sense. Explains that extra light on the last panel as well.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Yeah I think Baam's still an irregular since he entered the tower himself. I remember in earlier chapters it showed that dude from the first floor actually leaving that tower and going to where people lived to pull in regulars.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Chapter 78 is up.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Ahaha drat I didn't even pick up on the significance of Yu actually mentioning the guide over the phone. It definitely has to be either Headon or someone in wing tree.

Cbouncerrun posted:

Does this mean coffee dude has been a good guy this whole time? Or maybe he's just not aligned with Zahard.

I think it's the second. One thing I like is that there doesn't really seem to be any good or bad dichotomy in this series. Just different political factions with their own motivations and stuff. We haven't been told much of anything about tower politics yet though, which kinda sucks.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Doc Hawkins posted:

Maybe it's actually not Baam?

This would be pretty amusing, but I don't see how it could be possible at this point since we've already had Rachel flashbacks.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Only took 8 chapters to see his drat eyes. Good to see BaamViole's finally living up to his irregular title though. He pretty much declared war on the tower itself just now.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

gently caress april fools. They got me good.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Kneel Before Zog posted:

Yes there really should be. I'd like to know what other gems Korean manhwa has to offer like Tower of God/Noblesse/Shin Angyo Onishi.

I thought veritas was a pretty good one for fights and stuff. I'm pretty sure it's never gonna get finished though, which kinda sucks. Then again I can't even remember when I actually read it or much of what happened in it so it's entirely possible it's not good and I have poor taste.

bofa salesman fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Apr 6, 2012

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

I wonder what Quant would think if he saw the poo poo Baam's pulling now

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Serious Frolicking posted:

I'm hoping that Baam loses the game but still beats the poo poo out of that ranker.

This would be the best possible outcome.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Ahhhhh those last two panels! That's one hell of a cliffhanger.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

No Wave posted:

It doesn't help that I still don't understand this game at all.

In order to win you need to have a team of 7 people and 6 rooms. There are two ways to lose. The first is Viole taking his connector from the ranker, plugging it into Yihwa's remote, and stealing her room. The second is if the number of regulars capable of playing the game drops below 7.

To make a teammate, you just plug your connector into someone else's remote and press the blue button. Press the red button and you'll steal their room. I'm guessing if you make both roommates in a room your teammates, the room would become yours as well, otherwise I have no idea how you'd win without backstabbing the poo poo out of half the people you come across. Err I guess you'll have to backstab a bunch of people anyway, but if both people in a room are your friends hopefully the game would allow you to bring both of them and their room to your team with just the blue buttons.

bofa salesman fucked around with this message at 23:05 on May 15, 2012

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

So good.

So happy to see Viole just stop caring about the connector and going straight for the ranker. Feels like the penultimate test on the second floor all over again. I love it.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Hodgepodge posted:

I'm thinking that Viole will still be holding the flash-drive thing when he gets up.

Love already grabbed it and threw it into the glove.

Also someone needs to tell this translation group that what has an h in it.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

AtomikKrab posted:

They have 5 rooms don't they?

Something like that yeah. I doubt Wangnan's gonna get disqualified since even if he loses his room he still has a couple more and should have at least one teammate in each.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

quote:

And before anyone brings this up again, YES I KNOW THAT THE PLURAL OF PREY IS PREY.

THIS IS WHY THERE IS A TL NOTE IN THE CHAPTER.

I don't know why this is so hard to understand.

If you're still confused about this, read through the TL note again and think about why I would write it. If you still don't understand, think harder.

poo poo at english, poo poo at damage control. Good chapter though.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Sarcophallus posted:

I don't know why he's redirecting his betrayal angst toward Zahard, but it definitely seems like something that'll come up in future chapters - I can't imagine we'll get through this part without a flashback at least mentioning his FUG induction.

It definitely should come up in future chapters, but I think he may just be him realizing that his betrayal was less a personal thing and more the natural result of people wanting to climb the tower. Cuz that crap is happening to everyone on these floors. I think he probably just realizes that since all irregulars are guaranteed to be the strongest in the tower, he's in a better position than anyone else in existence to put an end to all the bullshit after he reaches the top.

bofa salesman fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Jun 19, 2012

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

pinegala posted:

I don't get quite a few things in the chapter.

Who's the general examiner? Is he a new character? Is his position like the yellow-hair tea drinking guy/girl from the last section and the baseball guy is like the angry red-haired regular?

He was shown in an earlier chapter, but he's basically in charge of all the testing. So yeah he's pretty much in the same position as the tea guy.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Digging the translation from this group much more than the other two I've seen. Having to read page by page sucks, but I'm willing to make that sacrifice to be free of that crazy fucker.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

I love how the chapter can be pretty much nothing but Koon talking and still be amazing.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Hietala posted:

Argh, it's too hard to guess, because I still think Baam could also be Prince Zahard because of the emblem in the place where he was living, and Lero-Ro suggests that "a person from a powerfull family" may be able to manipulate shinsoo without restriction.

Lero also went to ask Mr. Coffee about it and found out that irregulars had that ability as well though.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Genocyber posted:

There were some interesting lines in this chapter, assuming the translators didn't gently caress up.

For the first one, back before the guardian test on the second floor, Baam was talking mad poo poo towards Mr. Coffee. Saying that after reaching the top of the tower, he couldn't find anything worthwhile in the massive pile of garbage up there. This is just him flipping those words right back at Baam. He's such an amazing rear end in a top hat.

But yeah, this whole hostage thing seems so stupid. There has to be something else up someone's sleeve because otherwise FUG is beyond stupid. By the time Baam is strong enough to kill Zahard he'd be more than strong enough to kill everyone in FUG. I guess the only problem would be hunting them all down.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

The hands were consistent this time, but it looks like the author forgot about Yihwa's leggings instead.

Anyway, I hope Viole puts up a better fight than he did against Love this time.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

I believe in the author. He has the power to make it happen, and he will.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Blueberry beating on Quant's char after he already KOd him was a nice touch.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Baam gambled it in the crown game and lost it. Then Yuri took it and the green april from Androssi and Anak.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Ahh that afterword. The author personally reached out and called me a dumbass for not thinking anything was suspicious about Baam going from being a scrub to being able to one shot the bull in one chapter.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

It's been awhile since we actually got to see a little bit of a fight that wasn't completely one-sided. Hopefully it won't take Viole like 5 chapters to actually show up there.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

New chapter

This is it. The moment has finally arrived. Viole is gonna snap and ruin somebody's day next chapter. I can feel it.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

I'm kinda used to expecting a huge fight and only getting a small one but drat was this a pleasant surprise. Viole whipped out a huge bag of tricks and just tore them up. He's on a completely different level. Completely stopping the pipsqueak's lightning spear, lighting em up with 5 little balls of energy, ahhhh this chapter is so good

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Mo_Steel posted:

To make sure I was reading through this action correctly, The woman with Baam is the one who was controlling the lighthouse the whole time right? Including when she made the triangle shield against the lightning spear? I ask because it looks a lot like Baam was totally ready to handle it himself but that she's pretty proficient in her own right in terms of working as a team.

Next chapter is going to be something amazing.

I thought they were his own oops. I was probably too excited and reading it a little too fast again. But whatever, I'm just gonna pretend that he took control over her lighthouses and bent them to his will until told otherwise because he at least did something in that panel. I'm just not sure what.

But yeah, she's clearly a drat good light...house person.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Hodgepodge posted:

Edit: She could also be one of the "trustworthy regulars" Karaka has watching Baam

I almost feel like this has to be the case now. I mean, she pretty much had to have known that Koon brought some of the strongest regulars in their class or whatever with him. Guiding some complete stranger there and trying to start a fight when you have no idea how well they can fight is just too reckless.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

New chapter!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Those teddy coats are still cracking me up.