Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

So the guy in the sheep costume is just a rookie secret agent?

I wonder what a competent one is like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

So the big giant dude is actually a wave controller.

Also evans face when he is told "I am faithfully executing this test according to the guardians wishes."

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Chapter 73

This is a pretty big one, Lahel came and went from Baam's cave to wherever she came from (Inside the tower?) Helps explain where stuff came from at least.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Kortel posted:

Yeah, but he's doing it on something a whole lot stronger. This thing is higher than a run of the mill Ranker, no?

No it is just higher than the floor, like the eel baam faced on floor 1

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Cbouncerrun posted:

If it was just that I wouldn't be confused. But earlier it was said that the name she gave to the Rankers was Rachel Light but Baam still called her Lahel. Not sure if that was just the translators still deciding whether to use Rachel or what.

I wonder if any other names will change now though.

Michelle Light. not Rachel Light.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

His name could be a Christmas reference of some kind.

He could also possibly be the December weapon from the 13 month series, although I think this is highly unlikely at this point.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

TheJazzMess posted:

This comic is amazing. Yeah the author seems to not be too sure about where to take some the story, but it doesn't matter because the world and characters are extremely interesting. Someone should make a thread about this over at BSS. More people should read this!

:science: Well it is a Webcomic, so maybe it would be good. :science:

I Suspect Yu was speaking to Headon. After all when speaking to Rachel he seemed pleased that Baam was entering the tower, I think this has all been an elaborate trick to hide Baam from Zahards minions. Rachel did it to save him.

gatdamn tags.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Lenaway posted:

New Chapter

I wonder what the other set of characters are up to...

Who knows

It seems confirmed the lobster thing is a shield/healing thingy, Baam(maybe)s clothes seem shredded. Also likely baam based off how things are positioned

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Slime posted:

I really wonder why he's made it so blatantly obvious that he's an enemy of the tower. He's basically made an open declaration of war. He's either incredibly confident or downright suicidal. Even if he can beat Love in a fight, there's no way everyone is gonna be like Love's boss and leave him alone. A regular taking out a ranker would be pretty drat surprising to the government of the tower, after all.

Ah but he is FUG which means people will assume something other than an irregular since FUG are a bunch of bogeymen in the tower. Also remember that Yeon said that she can put a hurting on rankers with her power and since viole is obviously (according to that test) stronger, it is not out of place that he could win now is it?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Viole joins a team and then they win, this satisfies both his victory condition 2. (beat the ranker and take his connector then own the room.) and the other teams. (7 people 6 rooms last one is Yeons.)

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

this chapter 10.2/10

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Slime posted:

A lot of the time when something focuses on a side character, they completely fail to make the side character likable or interesting. In ToG, I actually find myself liking the side characters quite a lot. When part 2 started, I was a little annoyed at losing all my old favourites, but then the guy goes and writes a whole bunch of new guys that I've now grown to like.

This chapter didn't even feature Baam, and it was still a drat good chapter. I don't even mind if Baam is ignored completely until the end of the test.

The mark of a great author is to be able to make any character interesting. For example oda in one piece with those one page side stories. I especially liked enel goes to the loving moon and dicks around.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

If one teammate is in any room they own they aren't counted out maybe?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

They have 5 rooms don't they?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Hietala posted:

:flashfap:Oh god yes:flashfap:

:flashfap: I will join you, this series always delivers.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

zerosix posted:

Oh god the raws of the next chapter has me pumped. I cant wait :allears:

I've learned the hard way to merely click so SIU gets the money and then wait, otherwise i'll drool from anticipation.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Sarcophallus posted:

Well there are a few mentions, but some background first: 'Ranks' are given to those who reach the 134th floor - there is a literal ranking committee of sorts (랭킹 관리국, Raengking Gwahnligook; or "Ranking Affairs Bureau") that determines how strong you are compared to others from your climb to the top. The top 1% of people to climb to the 134th floor are the "High Rankers". I don't believe ranks can change once you reach the top - if you were ranked 4th, the only way for your rank to change is for someone new to be ranked 1st through 4th - pushing your rank down by 1.

That's important because only High Rankers are given the privilege of taking the 135th floor test. In this sense I suppose that the act of being 'ranked' is the 134th test.

Anyway, we know 134 isn't the top because of various blog posts - what we know so far is conveniently collected here.

e: Thinking about it, I suppose you could move up in ranking by killing those ahead of you.
ee: Also, because they have to take the test from the Guardian as opposed to from the Zahard testing "protocol" of sorts - only Irregulars are eligible in the first place.

100th floor is the floor where ranking starts, and people can change their ranking once ranked.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Shugojin posted:

More importantly, what happened to ManGator :saddowns:

ManGator realized Rachel was full of poo poo and is questing for his TURTLE.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

While rachel knew something about the tower, it was twisted in mythology. Guardian = fairy, etc. Also she did appear to be more ignorant than average on the rules.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Hietala posted:

It seems like SIU has some problems with combat, I've noticed a couple times where people suddenly switch which side of their opponent they're on, or swing with one arm in one panel, and the next panel it switches.

Otherwise great chapter.

Umbrella guy switched his hand so he could grab the flower not attack, he is right handed from what I can tell

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Lamquin posted:

Chapter 119 was just released.

What happened with that sword? It seemed like a huge deal in the beginning of the series, but I can't really recall it being any help at all later on.

Chatbot oracle

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Genocyber posted:

Has it been a decade? That's the toughest thing to remember about this comic, that time passing isn't really shown in the characters since Tower inhabitants are long-lived.

It hasn't Explicitly it has been 7 years since she betrayed baam.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Sarcophallus posted:

Are you talking about Prince on the last page? He's the super spoiled guy who used to "own" Yeon.

Used to have her as a hired muscle. Lets not antagonize the fire witch.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Aesop Poprock posted:

So I've got a question: did anything ever come of Baam getting that A-rated pocket from Evan Edrok in the first few chapters? I was sure that would've come up at some point in part one but I don't remember it ever being mentioned again. I'm sure it's still a lot higher than anyone else would have as an E-rank Regular but it seems like it'd be less effective as something impressive now that he has all this other stuff going for him.

Koon seems to have it now.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Meme Emulator posted:

Is there a certain number of people who will participate in the Workshop battle? It might be a little early to start filling up ranks, team Tangsooyook could always drop the little girl in favor of someone else if the group size is restricted.

e: not to suggest that theyd do that unless the team size is so restrictive that you have to pick your strongest, like 3v3. Just saying theres no reason Rak would join Tangsooyook when hes been a part of Team Baam for so long unless Circumstances draw them together. Its all up to SIU now

Are you suggesting he would not GET INVOLVED IN AN ATTEMPT TO SAVE THE TURTLE?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Mo_Steel posted:

ToG 140

:cthulhu: Octopuuuuus! :buddy:

Also, good call TheDemon, pretty close with that prediction.

:cthulhu: Octopus

Great chapter.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

pinegala posted:

I think what's confusing me is how the gamblers are decided: they were selected based on the prelim round results, but what if your team didn't have one person in the top eight?

"That is why luck is involved bitches." <- Literally what a tourney guy said.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Sleepy Owl posted:

http://mngacow.com/tower-of-god/S02-75/?all

They keep Beta in a cage? :stonk:

Also, predicting that Anak swallowed a baang too. She's only attacking with three baangs here but we've seen her using four.

More of an isolated room, cage is still accurate and in fact proper, just because it isn't a cell doesn't make it not a cage

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Was that a foot?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

if Cassano and Horyang each have an arm, and Beta has both legs, then does bamm have the spine/nervous system (torso?) is emile the head?... getting their frankenstein on I think

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Hietala posted:

It seems weird that they're trying to put Baam (an irregular) into the thorn, which is just some piece of scrap left over from a different irregular. I guess that like they said it'd be a way to use his power as a tool without needing his co-operation. I wonder what the thorn is anyways though, and what's going on in Rachel-land.

The Thorn might be the weapon that slew the gaurdian, it might also have the power to kill zahard but it is currently drained or something so they want to use baam as a battery

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Even if they weren't strong enough to open the door on their own, the other family heads were still Zahards rear end kicking crew and likely fairly strong to begin with.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

:allears: Good good, Mangator has taken to the field.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

nimby posted:

He's the katamari damacii of powers, it fits that he keeps collecting junk that sticks to him.

How many things does Baam have lodged inside himself now?

This is everything I know of right now.
:orb: which was there from the beginning
Blue Guy who says he was there from the beginning
The Thorn fragment he uses
Literally a Billion lost souls (Blue guy ate)
A chunk of a slain administrator which is hungry for revenge. (Blue guy refers to this as a red guy)
Another Thorn Fragment (Not active yet)
His own negative feelings about things (Now Chilling out with Blue Guy)

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Hirethor posted:

+ The "bowl" for the first thorn/fake thorn that he got just before the workshop battle

I rolled the bowl into the thorn since it is literally just the container for that to interface with bam.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I would love a movie of this, but it would be so hard to make one and make it live up to the expectation.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

What the gently caress Enryu how can you just butcher and admin so easily :stare: Goddamn what a flashback

Throught Bam had pushed Rachel off his platform but she's taking the test with him :rolleyes:

e: Oh Karaka you stupid stupid bitch not recognising Urek :smugmrgw: :smugmrgw: :smugmrgw:

Given his lineage, Dumbassery runs in the family, big time.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

lil baby anime posted:

Ehwa fights exclusively with shinsoo and burns everything around her - not a wave controller
Ran uses lightning spears, bigger lightning spears, more lightning spears, other lightning shinsoo attacks - hmmm fisherman? maybe spearbearer? def not wave controller
Yuri blows up everything she looks at with shinsoo - def a fisherman
Jahad's mastery over shinsoo was so good data eduan thinks going up against him is a lost cause - sounds like a fisherman to me
Enryu is such a powerful wave controller he killed a creature thought to be immortal - spearbearer

So they mention at some point a ways back in the story that a true "fisherman" is someone good at everything and not just a close range melee fighter.

Or when Khun says "I am not a light bearer because i'm poo poo at fighting. I'm one cause I like bossing people around." Then he beats the crap out of someone.

Like you can be good at more than one thing in the tower, just light bearer stuff uh... most people don't like doing InfoSec that much tbh.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Notably Ehwa was able to tank the nuke that Yuri used via the "Flame" So its not really poo poo per say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

Young Jahad looks like Wangnan Jah, I wonder if he's his dad or something because we never got the full explanation of the Jahad ring from Karaka.

e: blah blach king, bitch ur not even the number one rank outside gently caress off

Pretty much explicit when Wangan appears that he is somehow related to jahad and further stuff says Jahad banged some ladies of the evening and had sons.