Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Recursive Expanse
May 4, 2011
This is a sort of body strengthening shinsoo test right? Given the way Baam took damage from a more mundane physical attack earlier, could it be possible that he doesn't know how, or simply cant use shinsoo to enhance his body? If I remember correctly, his talent with shinsoo is odd because he's very good at manipulating the ambient external forces. So, even with his crazy strengths, he could still fail this test.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Recursive Expanse
May 4, 2011
Something's been bugging me, and if it get's explained we'll need another flashback to clear things up.
This goes all the way to the first chapter.
Baam has some nice new clothes, and a hair-cut. From a first reading, I thought that they might be fair-well gifts from Rachel...however, sometime after they start talking (after her "injury") Baam tells her that he's changed because he wears new clothes and cuts his hair now. This could imply that he somehow got out of the hole himself.
Another thing, if he was given his new things by Rachel, why would she give him such a vicious butcher knife/hand cleaver? What monsters is he going to fight in his pit.
Finally, at the beginning, why is she running from Baam? Where is she going? We know from the end of act one that she wasn't chosen to enter the tower, and was only able to go through the door that Baam was somehow opening himself.
So, something happened between the two. I'd like to think it's something as innocent as him confessing his love for her, and her running away from the reality of her "toy". However, if Baam got out of his hole, then something sinister could have happened.

Also, does opening the door twice make Baam two times an irregular (and thus twice the trouble), or was he chosen after opening the door? That would make him a chosen irregular.

Recursive Expanse
May 4, 2011
The list of friends means something, damnit.

Recursive Expanse
May 4, 2011
I don't really think this is Fug's plan, but I wonder what would go down if Rachel was the one who used the powered up thorn, rather than the source of it's power. Weak or not, that would be one way to combine two irregular forces into one unpredictable power.