Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax
New ToG release!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Cake Attack posted:

The wikia says she's a Ranker, for whatever it's worth.

All that's actually been said is that she's a guide. I'm not sure if that implies anything like ranker status or not - it's just a role.

Though I assume you'd have to have some knowledge of what you're guiding people through.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax
ToG ToG ToG, it's time for another chapter of Tower of God. Not Company's scan, perhaps slightly lower quality with weird names but no creepnotes and fast!

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax
So the new guy, Ha Jinsung is from the same family as Yuri. I do quite enjoy some of the subtleties, like him bringing fruit as a gift to the people he's planning to kill, or Goseng shaking frantically as she's cutting an apple.

And actually the names got a lot better, maybe I'm just conflating this one with NorthernColors' scan.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Hodgepodge posted:

I think FUG is meant to be read as sort of like a Yakuza-style crime sydicate. Not cartoonishly evil per se, just utterly ruthless in pursuit of their goals.

The original blog post on FUG made them out to be sort of a 'Religious' counterpart to the Wingtree's social club. So both have at least -some- political interest [Wing tree probably less so], but their motivations are obviously different. Maybe it'd be accurate to consider FUG kind of cultish?

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax
Weekly ToG fix.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax
New Chapter is out.

Urek being a badass. He should at least know of the existence of an irregular named Baam from Yuri, so hopefully that'll come out in some way next week. Mostly excited as this is an excellent spell-stealing opportunity for Baam.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

lil baby anime posted:

The hands were consistent this time, but it looks like the author forgot about Yihwa's leggings instead.

Anyway, I hope Viole puts up a better fight than he did against Love this time.

How do you expect him to do better against the 4th strongest person in the tower than he did against a no-name ranker? I think your expectations are a bit lofty for our 21st-floor-residing main character.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Miffler posted:

I'm not convinced yet that it is Mazino. Why would he have his own name on his back?

He's been described as something of an obnoxious, self-absorbed [womanizing] idiot.

It seems to fit pretty well.

I don't know what it is about the fanbase for this series, but there's some weird pervasive thing where a worrying amount of people seem to think that SIU is out to 'troll' you with every little thing. So much so that these people didn't think Viole was Baam even after his flashback of Rachel.

I don't get it.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Panzerschwein posted:

The chapter notes hint that the pig has some notable identity. Possibly it could be the guardian? It could provide a way for Baam to take a different test.

I suspect it has to do with Repellista Zahard - as seen here: Season 2 Prologue.

Reason being that this was some pretty heavy setup for a whole bunch of stuff that's not even come close to happening, and we're already quite a ways into this season.

Maybe it's not actually controlled by Repellista, maybe the flower is the thing she wanted Yuri to get, but if Urek is here then I strongly suspect Yuri and co are going to factor into this arc, maybe as an 'out' so Baam can leave FUG and get back to his friends.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax
ToG day!

Mostly a setup chapter, looking forward to several weeks' worth of cliffhangers for this arc, but they'll be exciting.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax
Weekly dose of ToG.

The Company version of the last chapter is now up on Batoto as well, but that's much less exciting.

e: Oh man, they didn't translate the attack name quite right. It's the same attack that First Emperor used in the Hide and Seek game.

Sarcophallus fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Sep 24, 2012

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax
Here is where First Emperor attempts to reveal his Emperor Hellfire Ball.

Urek was using the Emperor Hellfire Fist.

The attack name for reference: 패왕열사권

The wiki says that First Emperor used the fist attack as well, but I don't think it was shown.

Sarcophallus fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Sep 24, 2012

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Shugojin posted:

Ahaha, man, Mazino was there solely to devalue the flower. :allears:.

Specifically, it was Yuri who wanted it. I'm just going to piggy-back on my last quote, because I think I might be right:

quote:

I suspect it has to do with Repellista Zahard ... maybe the flower is the thing she wanted Yuri to get

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax
Translation is out.

Website is currently slow as gently caress.

Also I believe the only "Korean" manga to get an anime was Freezing, and it was published in a Japanese magazine.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Reiche posted:

Gahhh I was ready for another chapter :(

But that's Bub, a different unfortunate looking cat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92G4RANUPV8

Here you go.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Serious Frolicking posted:

So, has the Hong family been mentioned before?

Earlier summaries called him the Red-Light district Prince. I'm not really sure how one turns into the other, but I don't believe a specific Hong family has been mentioned before.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Homo Depot posted:

The only thing I see is the orange stripe down the middle, a zipper? Not sure it matters.

I think that's it, yeah.

In other news an early Batoto release here.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax
New chapter of ToG is out.

The translation isn't quite so good this time around.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax
I hit quote instead of edit because I'm an idiot.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Meme Emulator posted:

Is there a hiatus before the next part starts

Next chapter is in two weeks.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Elysiume posted:

New chapter. Should I know that girl?

Not Emily, but you should certainly know Miseng, Androssi, and Repellista.

The translations may or may not have been a bit off, and it was kind of confusing as to who was talking at the end. I also feel like a page was missing somewhere? I'll look in a bit.

They missed a page at the very end:
http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detail.nhn?titleId=183559&no=119&weekday=mon

Sarcophallus fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Nov 12, 2012

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax
New chapter: http://mangapirate.net/Tower_of_God/120/2

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Are you talking about Prince on the last page? He's the super spoiled guy who used to "own" Yeon.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax
Latest chapter: http://mangapirate.net/Tower_of_God/121/2

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax
New Chapter of ToG.

The editing was surprisingly horrible this time around.

Sarcophallus fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Dec 10, 2012

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax
New release! Chapter 123 is out.

122 of the Company version is out on Batoto as well.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Miffler posted:

Every time a new chapter comes out I ask why other stories can't be this interesting.

Because they don't have gators.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

ChiTownEddie posted:

Fact.

Although, I fee like I missed something. Maybe I've been phoning in my reads of this lately but I was like 'uhhhh what?' when he confronted Baam about being the same as him. Did I just blatantly miss a reference to Baam being an ignition weapon sometime before?

Refer to the end of this chapter.

It's talking about the weird lobster thing in Baam - it's come up in a few of the Author comments as well.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax
New chapter is out.

A shittier scan was out earlier, but it should be skipped.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax
New chapter is out.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax
In other ToG news, this is why people should follow the author's blog posts.

quote:

Urek Mazino, the head of the Wingtree has been discovered in an album cover of an idol group, so it became topic of conversation among Wingtree members.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

RatHat posted:

Is that engrish from the author or a horrible translator?

It's from the author.

Mangapirates scan is also out.

I love that they're all wearing matching coats for Horyang.

It also seems like Cassano wants to kill Horyang - probably to absorb his half of their weird power thing.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

RatHat posted:

Why does it seem like every Lightbearer is an rear end in a top hat?

Well, if the 2nd floor was any indication, they have some way of determining one's aptitude for a role. Given that Koon and Rachel were best seeds for Lightbearers, I assume that part of the criteria to become one is being a huge rear end in a top hat.

edit: If you read the manga on Mangapanda, go read the other version - Panda's was missing pages.

Sarcophallus fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Jan 14, 2013

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

zerosix posted:

:f5: the prospect of Baam doing something drastic has me in the edge of my seat :f5:

You have no idea.

If you are a masochist you'll find Nomanga's scan here. Site is painfully slow at the moment.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Xali posted:

Seriously who's the long-eared girl again? Sorry but I cant for the life of me remember...

She's Xia Xia, the lighthouse keeper that Horyang, Koon, and Baam went to for information. Her hood came off after offering to travel with Baam. She's also the one who set them up for a trap. She's presumably cooperating with the Devil of the Right Arm and Apple. Apple is the other lighthouse keeper on Koon's team, with the blonde hair.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax
Mangapirate scan is out, I'll update this link with the better ones as they come.

Sarcophallus fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Feb 3, 2013

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

PFlats posted:

Why on earth are people scanning online comics? Am I missing something here?

You might be, they're not literally printing out the images and scanning them, it's just from 'scanlation', which refers to the final product of translating a raw chapter of some manga.
So it goes: Raw, scanned Manga -> Translation [a text script] -> Scanlation; though more recently there have been series that don't require scanning, such as the Naver comics and Onepunch-Man.

And with that, here's the Mangapirate release.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Hodgepodge posted:

SUI said something on a blog about Rachel being the anti-hero to Baam's hero. That must have been a mistranslation, or maybe he isn't aware that the term implies a sympathetic character.

I don't think this is the case, while she's certainly been depicted as a lovely person, she's never been an antagonist.

Baam doesn't want revenge or to get back at her, he just wants to ask her why she's a huge bitch. In this respect they're not at odds in both being protagonists of the story.

I think it's pretty apparent that SIU has bigger plans for her in the later portions of the story, but my opinion is that she serves as sort of a pauper in the King's court.
The tower is filled to the brim with monsters and people who are impossibly strong, with Baam, her ticket in, becoming oppressively strong, and herself remaining absolutely powerless.
The only power she can exert over others is when they have absolute faith in her [as in Baam], or when they themselves are rendered powerless through some means. [See this chapter.]
I don't know if SIU expects his readers to have any sort of empathy for her though, and that might be her biggest flaw as a character. She really needs a lot of development and it's hard to say when she'll get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Serious Frolicking posted:

She murdered a helpless man in cold blood because he didn't do what she wanted. How many times does she need to literally stab someone in the back to be considered a villain?

Being a horrible, villainous person doesn't strictly make her an antagonist.