Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Started this last night and I'm in the middle of season two now or maybe near the end. Casano(?) and the Teddy bear just met up and are tussling with Ran and Nobic. Bam needs to cut that pony tail off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I'm on the ~Workshop Battle now, the plug game. It's super good and the early going reminded me of Hunter X Hunter except they have stayed in the hunter exam forever but it's insanely dope. I'm on chapter 152 so I'll be caught up way sooner than I'd like :(

I am tentatively beliveing in the dream that Rak, Mr. Khun, and Bam will be reunited forevaaaaaaaa after this arc. Also throw Rachel in the bin

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The best team is the secret team to assassinate Rachel. Glad my boys are back together and most importantly that he shaved his hair off when he dispensed with fug.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

One thing I really like is how a clear power hierarchy and major players were established super early on and that's just how it is. It reminds me of One Piece where all the major players are set up far ahead of time and you're slowly teased with them as the story progresses. As opposed to a lot of manga which build up a villain too much so the next villain is some hitherto unknown but somehow still legendary/notorious evil doer.

I really liked Urek Mazino's introduction and it's insanely funny to me that he wrote his name on himself so people know to run in fear but put it on his back so they'd only realise when they watched him walkway after Urek massacred them. Raging he was held up by something when Bam and co. visited his resort but also very curious about what could be tying him up tbh.

I think Enryu may be dead but I was wondering what kind of stuff the other irregulars would have done to match Urek. Urek is called the strongest ranker and has an organisation to rival a great family, and then "oh ya so this is the needle Enryu used to kill a loving administrator" :stare:

Also excited to meet Pentaminum how just showed up to start killing and made Jahad restructure it's whole system of tests lol. I think that's all the irregulars mentioned so far but I'm hoping for more because they all sound so exciting! I hope I get to meet them soon, maybe after the hell train arc.

e: The only thing I don't like is that after the floor of tests the 5 classes all just stopped existing except Lightbearer basically.

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 20:44 on May 20, 2018

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Will I meet any irregulars again before I catch up with current comic? Also I'm glad that SIU has something else I can read after this then!

This doesn't seem good :stare:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

I think EmmyOK might be operating on an understanding of 1. irregulars just being Baam, Urek, and Phantaminum (and not including the family leaders) and 2. there being more irregulars than stated.

It's important to understand that irregulars don't necessarily share anything in common other than "not having entered the Tower as a regular." Enryu, for example, is something fundamentally different than Urek or whatever, as is Phantaminium. Urek and the 10 family leaders might be roughly comparable as (from what we understand) just "people from outside the tower who came in." Also, I believe the only irregulars have been the stated ones who show up as high rankers + Baam.

Yeah I just meant that they'd been brought up as irregulars and hyped up. Yuri and Evan(?) were breathless fans of them from really early on so I'm super excited to meet those kinds of people who shook up the status quo. I want more Urek at all times tbh.

This Hoaqin seems like a complete c u next saturday and I hope someone splatters him at some point :whitewater:

e: Also Ran is literally just Killua

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Also to clear something up, Bam was only made a living ignition weapon when he was pushed into the lake right?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Extremely good to me when Khun absolutely slates Rachel in the Sweetfish match

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Absolutely sweating bullets waiting to see if Khun would beat Rachel in the coin flip contest to find out the secret of Bam's past. Also super hopeful Bam gets to fight full power White and spanks him

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

What the gently caress Enryu how can you just butcher and admin so easily :stare: Goddamn what a flashback

Throught Bam had pushed Rachel off his platform but she's taking the test with him :rolleyes:

e: Oh Karaka you stupid stupid bitch not recognising Urek :smugmrgw: :smugmrgw: :smugmrgw:

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 22:53 on May 21, 2018

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

lil baby anime posted:

Yeah that enryu chapter was like the best in that whole arc imo

It's so goddamn good that I'm mildly disappointed the person helping Garam on the floor of death is a family head and not Enryu like I thought at first.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I really want to read the wikipedia to crystalise a bunch of my knowledge as well as find out all the bonus info from the blog posts I didn't know about. I read the first page or two of this thread because it was just at the Rachel betrayal so I was curious to see reactions and people were mentioning knowing Yuri and Evankhell's ranks.

I still don't understand the structure of the tower tbh, there's a huge golden cube but the tower is like three bars stuck to the side of it? The diagram did not help me.

Urek mentioned not giving a gently caress what Bam "thinks" he's supposed to do in the tower because he came from outside it so there def seems to be a lot more going on than just the tower. Also was Headon confirmed as the actual top admin of the tower ages ago in that Horyang flashback?

Anyways the think I liked most about Enryu

Jahad: "Ahhh luv 2 make the woman I love abandon the tower after I killed her bby and drove her bf to suicide cos they hate me so much. Now to make this floor a shrine to her cos I'm a Nice Guy TM"

fake edit: Also I am curious as to where Enryu even got a weapon to kill and Admin to begin with

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I'm like 40 chapters behind so I don't want to read the wiki just yet but Jahad isn't top rank? I remember acetone saying Urek was number one but shined Jahad wasn't ranked. What's the top ten look like?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Urek gets a lot of points for

"Guess I only need 1% of my power :smugmrgw:

Enryu's slaughter of the Administrator and Jahad boyos was just so loving sick though. In general I find the top level fights the most boring in this series because they're just massive Shinsu blasts. I was really hoping for more HxH like battles after all the stuff on the floor of tests before Rachel betrayed.

Speaking of Rachel I detest her as a person and love her as a character. At first I was like "ugh she can do nothing herself and just lies and lucks her way into powerful people helping her" unlike Bam who earned his way up being nice. That's not really true though because Bam is the chosen one basically. I do agree with Headon that what separates the two isn't just that Yuri showed up with Black March but that Bam was charging ahead regardless. That said I think Rachel's "ability" so to speak is her cockroach like survival abilities and her insane driving force. Also weirdly expecting her to finally reveal some kind of good side to herself evven though it's felt like there's been countless scenes that were going to have that only for her to smirk and say "actually I am a titanic bitch"

Also I though the Black March was the strongest needle not the Golden November? I assume the thirteenth month is Lousy Smarch?

Gologle posted:

In addition to the above, that same Arie Hon owns floor 100 and tests people who come to the floor, giving them gifts if they beat the challenge he sets. Urek not only challenged him, but beat him in a fight. Arie, salty beyond belief, gave him no gift.

Lmbo

e: Also I'm not enjoying data world very much but I am imagining Urek's sworn enemy as an E-Class regular who has an easy time picking up women

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Ah that explains it!

One final thing before I catch up myself and start earnestly reading blog posts, do we have any FUG rankings? Like their slayers perhaps or maybe the dude who trained Bam, or Hansung(?). I am thoroughly enjoying him constantly realising "wow people really hate real world me".

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Catching up on the final forty chapters or so now. Having a hidden floor within a hidden floor is like the most ToG thing I can think of tbqh. This snakes lad is loving mental though, dunno what's happening here but I like it.

e: Also I was really into Hansung being a decent person when he was younger but getting corrupted but drat snakesy went HAM on him as being a secret prick

e2: Endorsi is superior to Rachel, Bam

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Jun 6, 2018

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Young Jahad looks like Wangnan Jah, I wonder if he's his dad or something because we never got the full explanation of the Jahad ring from Karaka.

e: blah blach king, bitch ur not even the number one rank outside gently caress off

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jun 6, 2018

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Bam being so kind to his sworn enemy, he is the sweetest boy.

E:
RACHEL YOUY loving BITCH

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Jun 6, 2018

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I only found out like an hour before that post from her wiki page. It just looks like her fringe in so many panels

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Well goddamn that is one way to end a chapter :stare: I thought he was supposed to be sleeping!

I think a big part about why I like Rachel so much is that she's on the path I thought Bam would be on when I first started the series. When Bam enters the Tower as an irregular he seems totally at odds with the other irregulars Evan and Yuri talk about. He's not giant and strong like Urek or a rampaging warmachine like Pentaminum he's just a normal kid who wants to find a girl. So that's what I thought he'd be, just a normal kid trying to succeed even though he doesn't have the expected immense power of an irregular. In the end he turned out to be the chosen one and instead it's Rachel who's the normal person doing everything she can to ascend she just happens to be a baddie not the hero. I keep expecting her to have an even remotely redeeming scene though and then she attempts to kill Aguero or something :negative:

One thing I'm really curious about too is why Edahn and Gustang have some violently opposing views about V. I wonder if Edahn on the outside would agree with his data counterpart.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Is Mazino his own worst enemy btw? I just kind of blasted through the most recent chapters

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Yeah that's what's confusing me. I thought it was his enemy bur then they mention he's an error from when Urek's clear data copy failed

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Young Jahad is good and it's going to be interesting to see how he went from a fun adventurer to King poo poo, I like him chastising his older self for not accepting challenges like he's supposed to.

There's so many concurrent plots though I can't remember half of what people are doing or where they are and I only recently binged the whole thing

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

For sure, I might actually reread the whole Hidden Floor from scratch. I think reading it for the first time I blasted through it too fast because it was so exciting. This week for example with Wangnan and the sword I'd completely forgotten where and what he was up to and that Karaka and Yuri are duking it out. Also which mirrors are doing what and where.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I fell two chapters behind and boy howdy what chapters they were, man how strong must the head of FUG be as well as the family heads.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I'm glad Bam has had this emotional breakthrough and though I really want to know about his past I hope he tells Rachel to gently caress off and doesn't give her the satisfaction.

I still like Rachel a lot as a character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I fell a few months behind just after they got out of the train and Evankhell showed up. I really didn't like the hidden floor stuff until right at the end. Planning to reread from the start over my christmas holiday but in the meantime I reread Enryu ruining the Administrator and Urek meeting Karaka and not being recognised. Both so so good.

e: also does a working archive of SIU's translated blog posts still exist anywhere?

did a bit of googling there and found that there's a massive google doc on the subreddit that has the translations of the blog post for every chapter which is gool ah. gonna reread th chapters with them too

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Xa0LgWpn0zZ0ubtnWUeN5S1fKWjBRxBU4uhWQuZ9r0g/edit

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Dec 13, 2018