Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cooldude2.0
Oct 12, 2004
Grimey Drawer

TheJazzMess posted:

This comic is amazing. Yeah the author seems to not be too sure about where to take some the story, but it doesn't matter because the world and characters are extremely interesting. Someone should make a thread about this over at BSS. More people should read this!
really? I think the story outschemes Death Note or just about any other comic I've read. I'm not convinced that the blue haired kid was fooled, and if he was I'm giddy to see what he does when he finds out. Every other [legit] climber is laughably naive in comparison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cooldude2.0
Oct 12, 2004
Grimey Drawer
The rules are so complicated, but in this series that means we're going to see amazing strategizing and twists. Well, if Koon were around that's what it would mean.

I think the meta reason he's a member of FUG is that Zahard Princesses aren't allowed to hook up. Clearly he has to defeat Zahard to get with Yuri. The plot reason is they're the ones who engineered the whole betrayal by Rachel to hide him, which would mean the guy who first tested Baam and Rachel has ties to FUG.

cooldude2.0
Oct 12, 2004
Grimey Drawer
Not sure what you're asking for the first one, but his death was blatantly faked. Rachel, and everyone else in part one, were just pawns used to fool the tower's rulers who wouldn't want another irregular causing trouble. Considering how there are always layers within layers, I'd say betrayal was also intended to condition him mentally.

cooldude2.0
Oct 12, 2004
Grimey Drawer
I generally agree but still miss Koon. I wouldn't be surprised if he's gone because it was a lot of work to write all his scheming. He'll show up again eventually (please)

cooldude2.0
Oct 12, 2004
Grimey Drawer
In a system dominated by being 3 steps ahead of your opponent, it's surprising that the ranker wouldn't see that coming. I can't believe that anyone who made it to floor 20 would try something that didn't work a second time. The first attempt was probably just a lure.

I can't help but think the specific regular he'd help pass is Wagnan. The assassination option could be the second best regular, to flaunt the test, or maybe just the little girl, to prove he's stone cold. Better yet, maybe the target is actually a specific ranker.

cooldude2.0
Oct 12, 2004
Grimey Drawer
Do any of these korean webcomics ever get animated?
This series really deserves it, though maybe it should wait until there's more material. An "anime only ending" would be a travesty.

cooldude2.0
Oct 12, 2004
Grimey Drawer
The Rapdevil twist was foreshadowed by the rule that one member of the team must stay in the room at all times. Who is in Yeon/Viole's room? Does the short robed guy that appeared last chapter count?

cooldude2.0
Oct 12, 2004
Grimey Drawer
How did he get the thumb drive? Is that his sole ability, stealing small objects from across the room?

I wonder how long it usually takes for a regular to become a ranker, and at what point they get to live forever. Regulars are so much weaker that they must all be planning on training for decades as they climb.

cooldude2.0
Oct 12, 2004
Grimey Drawer

Meningism posted:

Not to mention killing Rankers who've entered the big cowfish thing because they were "in his way" / hide the fact he was even there.
But they were after him, what else should he do? Put them over his knee, give them a paddling, and then send them on their way? Rankers should know the consequences. Regulars, who were sent in on a false pretext, he was willing to leave alone.

cooldude2.0
Oct 12, 2004
Grimey Drawer
No one ever just fights. I guess living for so long they all got bored of straight fights and started making up gimmicks for everything they do.

cooldude2.0
Oct 12, 2004
Grimey Drawer
mangapirate just 404'd me so :goodmanga.net

That was a good chapter, but they all are really. Maybe SIU will make a kickstarter to fund Production I.G. animate it. I can dream.
The characters really are good, to the point that every character that ever gets mentioned is a cool character. Which means I have to regularly use the ToG wiki to remind myself who people are.

cooldude2.0 fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Oct 1, 2012

cooldude2.0
Oct 12, 2004
Grimey Drawer

jkrotch posted:

It is definitely her controlling the lighthouses.

As for the shield: Baam did handle the lightning spear himself. He froze the drat thing. This is why Ran and Novik are so shocked. You can see it still hanging in the air afterwards.

It's tough when a character's power is freezing stuff in place. Scene will be so much better when it's animated.

cooldude2.0
Oct 12, 2004
Grimey Drawer
I'm interested in seeing Koon ruin FUG's day.

Regarding Rak changing size, I think it's done to him, not by him, and probably as a limiter since he's so great.

cooldude2.0
Oct 12, 2004
Grimey Drawer

Sleepy Owl posted:

Also, predicting that Anak swallowed a baang too. She's only attacking with three baangs here but we've seen her using four.
Definitely not, that would be a cheap powerup for a character that's just trying to brute force her way through. Even Baam fights smart.

cooldude2.0
Oct 12, 2004
Grimey Drawer
My guess is it's impossible to guess correctly. The most amazing part of tower of god is the level of scheming and how complicated everything gets.
Now there are a lot of broke gamblers. Can they even recruit teams or are they eliminated? Maybe they auction people one by one and once the money runs out they take turns picking. Whatever the case, Koon's got a lot of scheming to do."

cooldude2.0
Oct 12, 2004
Grimey Drawer
What is going on, why is this chapter only on a site that gives me nothing but "Database Error"
e: oh, here too, at least: http://www.mangareader.net/tower-of-god/158

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cooldude2.0
Oct 12, 2004
Grimey Drawer

nimby posted:

Is it arrogance if you can kill people with just your pinky finger?

And you're trying not to break your power-restraining anklet.