Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Oh man this series is so great. At first I was annoyed we'd shifted to this new bunch but now I just can't wait for them to start climbing again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
From the text and how far they're going it seems like FUG are just totally backed into a corner.

SIU said in one of the FAQs that he was thinking about writing another series about Han Yuri's ascent, I think FUGs history would be pretty cool to see too. Maybe Baam isn't the first irregular they've had as a slayer candidate. Maybe they've had dozens and every time they get one they all just pray to god he doesn't die on the ascent, or Zahard rankers don't find him and murder his rear end, or that they have a change of heart halfway up. Maybe they started out as a friendly and nice and shouneny anti-hero organisation, and hundreds/thousands of years of failure have turned them into the jaded take-no-chances give-no-quarter outfit they are now. Revolution ain't easy, or pretty.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Oh man this is gonna be so great.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
gently caress yes this is going to be so good.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Yo I fell out of this series a while back, does anyone know roughly what chapter I need to jump back in at if the last thing I remember is the previous game arc ending and the start of the current arc?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Boom, that's it, thanks. :)

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Emily's not much help in situations like this though. She's gangbusters at manipulation and distortion (kinda like Rachel herself) but when it comes down to stuff like "pick up this heavy thing" or "actual fighting" her bag of tricks is kind of bare. Thus even Rachel knows she needs to surround herself with stronger people she can wrap around herself like Baam and Ha Yura.

Of course eventually it'll all fall apart like it did with Koon.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I fell behind a long time ago and need some help catching up: Can anyone recall a rough chapter number for the entire arc on the helltrain where they find a dude who's been split into multiple component selves and various groups are trying to put him back together? The last thing I remember was a challenge/game/test involving moving through pipes.

Edit: I think I found it roughly. Hell yes just dozens of chapters to consume.

Edit2: God drat I forgot how loving brutal Khun was towards Rachel in the first test.

Pierson fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Apr 23, 2018

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Is the blue demon an actual power though or just kind of the desire/lure of it that the Road of Revolution personifies so they can chat with it?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
It's such a brutal and entirely correct dunk on her.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Probably still not approaching the level of the family heads or the most powerful princesses but I bet he could give most high rankers a run for their money.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
My favourite fan-theory is that the Towers are incubators/training grounds created by the god of the outside for individuals who'll eventually pop out of the top as Axis. Jahad was meant to do this but instead stopped and went to sleep, but Arlene escaping the tower and the entire thing around Baam's birth told the god what was going on. Enryu got sent in to cause hell on behalf of god/Arlene and deliver the thorn for Baam to eventually find, and here we are.

How canon is the older Talse Uzer stuff anyway?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I think the sheer continent-size of the thing means it doesn't really matter if it's a traditional cylinder on a monstrous scale or some kind of weird hosed-up shape that constantly changes as it rises. It probably is a physical tower though rather than some weird set of linked dimensions or metaphor, since the Helltrain travels through it and I think once Yuri mentioned ascending on foot to avoid attention. That diagram is totally unclear and the words were more important. All it's meant to teach you is that the world is a tower-like structure in that it has many floors stacked on top of each other, and it's divided into an inner core where regulars ascend and Real poo poo happens, an outer area where normal everyday dudes live, and a Middle area Regulars can settle if they earn the right and Rankers use for quick travel.

I don't think Headon is THE top admin but he's a very important one since he controls floor #1 and chooses Regulars.

Mazino is cooler than Enryu.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I don't think we know much about FUGs internal structure yet except that they're an semi-religious group (as opposed to Wingtree who are more of a group of pals according to Mazino?) devoted to destroying Jahad's system. Slayers seem to be both kind of at the top and kind of not. They're the ultimate expression of the will of the organisation and its members so they're super-important, but there also seem to be executive members who handle the rest of the organisation and do stuff like order around FUG-affiliated Rankers and Regulars and I don't think we've met any of them yet.

edit: Oh you meant the tower rankings of FUG members not actual FUG ranks, my bad.

Pierson fucked around with this message at 00:46 on May 24, 2018

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I want data Jahad to join the Baam Harem and go kick his real self's rear end.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Ytlaya posted:

It took me ages to realize that Endorsi has a horn and that she didn't just have a really weird partly receded hairline.
Holy poo poo.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Young Jahad rules, eat poo poo Rachel.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Most plotlines seem to be swirling around the central idea that Jahad stopping his climb unfinished has basically left the entire Tower stagnating and a lot of the secondary cast want to see things shook up and progress resumed.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Setting up a Gofundme for my pals Evankhell and Jinsung, who got fired by their rear end in a top hat of a boss just for talking on the job.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I think "stoic katana boy" was kind of his thing during the floor of tests and we haven't seen him since the end of part 1?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Can someone help me narrow down where I stopped reading last time? They had left the virtual world and were pulling up to a heavily-guarded station after the Zahards had demanded everyone on the Hell Train be killed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
That's more or less exactly it, thanks a bunch man.