Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
It doesn't help that I still don't understand this game at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Alca posted:

I hope that the last page wasn't supoosed to be a reveal?
No - but it implies that Baam hasn't been brainwashed or anything and he still recognizes his own name (and that FUG widely knows his original name).

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

khy posted:

the blonde bitch
Can you stop this? It's gross and creepy and weird.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

rizzen posted:

Aw man, I hope Wangnan doesn't die.
I'd really prefer if he did.

Part of what made the manga interesting in the very beginning is how brutal it was - everything was life and death, more often death. The price for climbing the tower was extremely high, meaning anyone participating had to be at least a little demented or tormented in some way.

That stopped, and you can't really get that back at this point, but I do miss the tension. Read the first ten or so chapters again - they're really good.

To that end, if someone wildly reckless and pathetically weak like Wangnan doesn't die in the world of this manga, then who will?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Wangnan sucks... tons of shonen have these weak-rear end characters who are supposed to be distinguished because they "get along with people" but if that has to be vocalized it's not actually true, you could remove him from the story and pretty much nothing would change

The one actually keeping everyone together is Khun, by far the coolest character in the series and who never needs any encouragement or recognition from anyone

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Nate RFB posted:

Catching up, but did SIU really just unceremoniously kill off Yeon? That's a bummer. The series has had a bit of a cast bloat for a while so maybe it was necessary but it still feels unwarranted especially when it didn't really feel like her arc was done.
hard to believe anyone really dies in this series anymore

who was the last non-data person to die? akraptor and that prince dude years ago? Hard to imagine they'd just kill her when they'd be more valuable as hostages if the idea was to get to baam

Two Tone Shoes posted:

I think Anak was dropped because her big story arc is going to have to deal with all the other princesses in this little Princess War that SIU's been building up. She has a lot more stakes in that than in all the Hell Train Baam Gets Stronger stuff. It's not like sticking her with Baam and the tension of being a traitor to the empire (hello Endorsi) is really applicable to her, someone whose existence is already traitorous.

I expect she'll be a Big Deal in this next arc.
Personally? I think she was dropped because she's really hard to draw without looking off. I like her as a character but she'd need a less-awkward-to-draw form like Rak got.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Hockney was for sure designed to be a main character. Distinctive appealing look, accommodating attitude, devoted to Baam extremely quickly, magical sasuke eyes, endless mystery quest.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

"sh-shut up! It's not like I like Baam or anything!"

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I still don't understand karaka's face or whatever that is.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

it's manga. rear end-pulling power ups is what manga is for.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I mean with language you can argue a lot of things if you really feel like it.

If someone's asked you for an isekai and you give them tower of god I'm guessing they'd be confused.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

There are a lot of directions you could go with it. We only know that Headon guards the entrance to the tower so it feels safe enough to assume rachel and baam were outside of it, but there are a whole lot of places outside of the tower. It's vague enough that anything could be true.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Apr 24, 2019

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

i am not a fan of the dog people. Just imagine how they smell. Gross.

I'm guessing Yama will secretly be a good guy and that there's more to what happened, which is not a difficult guess to make.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I think they might all be alive (not just khun). Their wounds seemed to disappear.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Deng deng joining certainly looks like it will happen but I just don't like his visual design. I want to be rid of these dog people (except Yama the handsome).

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Is that site two chapters behind/is that the official release?

Also Khun is a clever guy but idk if he thought this White resurrection thing all the way through.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Oct 19, 2021

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

He unwrapped the thorn vs that dog and the dog might as well have had his scouter explode. I think the thorn effectively is a multiplier and the thryssas are more unique.

The thorn when assembled is intended to beat Jahad so it's pretty endgame. There arent many people above him at this point, white is already around top 300 I think (tho ofc family leaders are exponentially stronger than high rankers, as expected of manga).

No Wave fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Nov 8, 2021

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

i love khun. Any khun power ups are good by me.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Nov 10, 2021

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The tower setting actually makes zero sense (post-scarcity warlords with modern technology? where does food even come from and what are people even fighting over?) so the core of ToG is just Baam power scaling with a bunch of stuff slowing him and it down. That's ok, I dont really mind. I think Khun is super fun so it was a waste to have him leave for hundreds of chapters but that's just my opinion.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Jerkface posted:

to me the coolest part of the setting is like the princesses & the ignition weapons & the big fishies & the other irregulars and it sucks that we've gotten so far away from all that.

I want the princess characters to come back and be part of the cast :(

The thing I care abotu the least is all this "army group" non-sense. I could not give less of a poo poo about who is in charge of the "4th army group" or whatever.
The prince and princess system is the most tangible bad systemic thing that we know about in the tower too. Obviously individual family heads do bad things but the relationships between the families is reliant upon this barbaric breeding program/eugenics/selection process, like it's the true culture of Jahad's tower.

It's for sure the most interesting part of the setting because of that. My understanding is Anak is a kind of running joke in the fandom because she just wasnt included in the story for the past 10 years.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Yasratcha is really cute, it's just a shame he did something THAT HORRIBLE when he was introduced.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I'm very ok with it and I like both the dog and the cat (again, shame the cat was quite so unforgivably evil on his first appearance). This whole backstory has been related to stuff I actually care about (house leaders/organization). At the moment it looks like it will explain important stuff more than Baam fighting increasingly stronger people will.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Mar 22, 2022

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

It felt like it was going that direction for a very long time. I still think what he did to the cage dogs was just too terrible though.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Togashi is a really good artist. I dont really have a problem with ToG's art either, usually when characters look dumb fighting it's because their designs are awkward like the giant spider woman. ToG is a series that's kind of obsessed with power levels and you usually have a decent grasp of where each character lies at any given time. (Recently I think the head reattach was especially cool.)

If this arc has a problem it's that there are 90+ characters split across half a dozen+ locations but at least it's actually moving forward.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Does Baam like Endorsi?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Really liking this season. I know it makes me a bad ToG fan but my enjoyment of the series is exactly proportional to how many S1 characters are currently involved in the plot.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

He hasnt drawn yuri with that round bored face before this arc right? Or am I misremembering?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

So which family head has more death flags? I could reasonably see it going either way.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

I think there’s a decent chance that she ends up following Baam once she sees him do some crazy Baam poo poo.

This isn’t a spoiler but it was cool when Rak did something a few chapters ago, glad he’s not forgotten like basically all my other favorite characters from the first part.
Tbf first part has a huge presence. Rachel, Hwaryun, Endorsi, Khun, Croc, even freckles and sword guy were around last arc. But if you're referring to Anak yes lol.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Wang and Yihwa are S2! Rak did get the White buff but I agree that idk what his goals even are.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I'm convinced Bong Bong is stronger than any ignition weapon.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

SIU needs to go back and retcon what Yasracha did to the beastkin. He killed half (thousands? tens of thousands?) of them in the most disgusting way possible this cute bedsheet stuff doesnt work for me. I think its the most horrible thing anyone has done in the series by far, even beating White.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jan 29, 2024

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

It's hard to link because I dont know what release schedule this thread is supposed to use. The official translation is like a month behind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

Did I miss something? I read 616 and didn’t see this?

I never go back and reread this series so I probably missed something.
She refers to herself as a "scripture" so it may mean something else. I assume that whatever is going on with her is the same as whatever is going on with op armor guy.