Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

Tried and True is a very good song, I really like it. But I noticed it has like...overwhelmingly popular "numbers" on streaming services and stuff. Spotify puts it right up there, the automatic youtube postings have a lot of views. Why is that? Is it on a soundtrack to something?

Ocean Man makes sense because of the Spongebob Movie, but I don't quite get what makes Tried And True so "popular".

Like, I agree with the numbers. It might be my favourite Ween track, but the stats suggest it has appeal outside of Ween fans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Probably a Tik Tok thing.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

check out the PUN in this SONG! 😂😂 he singing about his BUTH*LE! 🤣🤣

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I've been listening to birthday boy acoustic versions almost on repeat at work today

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Nobody Interesting posted:

Tried and True is a very good song, I really like it. But I noticed it has like...overwhelmingly popular "numbers" on streaming services and stuff. Spotify puts it right up there, the automatic youtube postings have a lot of views. Why is that? Is it on a soundtrack to something?
A couple of years back the Lois and Clark show was using Ween pretty regularly for Bizarro scenes. I never bothered checking out the show, but it probably spiked 'cause of this scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awNPqqlcvGk

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Finally! Two nights in Portland proper! :rock:

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

But still nothing in Canada. Boy I sure moved to the wrong half of the continent

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

caligulamprey posted:

Finally! Two nights in Portland proper! :rock:

drat. Pioneer Square in August. Sounds hot.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Ah Man, I hope he’s ok

https://twitter.com/weeninfo/status/1765784476263575562

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

It's a tender situation

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I definitely felt some exhaustion or tension when I saw them this tour. It seemed like it took a lot out of them

Planet X
Dec 10, 2003

GOOD MORNING
Those guys have lived pretty hard for quite a long time. I can only imagine how much constant touring takes a toll on a person, especially someone who's been drinking and smoking their way through it for roughly 40 years. When Gene left the band, Dean continued touring and started a charter fishing business, which ain't easy.

Not to repeat my story from this thread, but I saw them at a surprise (?) show in '97 or so and they were chugging Jack Daniels. I couldn't believe how someone could drink through liquor that fast.

With that said, I wish them the best. I visited Philly for the first time this weekend and when presented with a breakfast menu at the hotel, ordered the pork roll, egg and cheese.

Also the 33 1/3 book on Chocolate and Cheese is a must read for any fan.

Planet X fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Mar 8, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Crosspostin'