Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Just got back from Madison, great set! Got them to do stallions 1-5!

Vellajo is my white horse and figured they wouldn't play it as they did in Chicago the night before.

My fiance got a kick out of devil's dick however. Glad they got it in the rotation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Planet X
Dec 10, 2003

GOOD MORNING
Those posters are amazing!

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Where can you get those? I'd probably overpay for the eels headed one.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

moths posted:

Where can you get those? I'd probably overpay for the eels headed one.
Usually leftover show posters and variants end up on the official merch store:

https://ween.themerchcollective.com/collections/posters

They probably won't show up until after the tour is my guess, though.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
They posted up some variants over the weekend (including that monstrous 7x9") but they sold out

https://twitter.com/weeninfo/status/1700223441977356475?s=46&t=t8CFjI5-v0IxaoLh38KSzw

https://twitter.com/weeninfo/status/1700524463761310204?s=46&t=t8CFjI5-v0IxaoLh38KSzw

https://twitter.com/weeninfo/status/1700886848460251271?s=46&t=t8CFjI5-v0IxaoLh38KSzw

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

The Travis Gillan one owns hard. Makes me want to see a Steve Purcell / Ween crossover.

Harry Privates
Oct 10, 2007
Went to the Minneapolis, Chicago and Madison shows and had a blast. I think these last 2 years they’ve sounded incredible.

Took 11 shows for me to see them do Ocean Man which is pretty wild.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Tonight's poster!

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
That's fukken sick.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

pwn posted:

That's fukken sick.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Honestly it was the only poster in here I wasn't jazzed about. I was hoping tonight would have had some weirder gems being the last stop in the midwest, but it was all hits and A-sides (at least until I had to bounce for early work in the morning). Much hay was made out of the venue being called MEGACORP pavilion, which is weird as hell, and everybody was super tight as usual. A keyboard solo during Your Party just isn't enough to make up for not having a saxophone, and the jokeyness of Piss Up a Rope just isn't cool without a bunch of old Nashville dudes uncomfortable with "blue material"

Guitar solos during Golden Eel and Buckingham Green were awesome, Waving My Dick In the Wind and Exactly Where I'm At slapped hard. Voodoo Lady was excellently mind-melting. Saw three people get wheeled out by police that got waaaaay too high. My first show I've ever seen sober, so that was awkward in it's own way.

I almost didn't go because of that and some wacky allergy shenanigans, but I'm really glad I did!

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Tonight's poster!

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort

Harminoff posted:

Tonight's poster!

i like this one a lot. also that it's predicting a blue balloon bust-out.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Yeah it's awesome, and soo many references, I keep seeing more each time I look at it.

Shoulda been a weasel instead of the rat however. Unless I'm missing the reference?

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Really wanted to hear Freedom of '76 on Tuesday

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

They just used It's Gonna Be a Long Night as bumper music on Thursday Night Football. Can't say I was expecting that.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
:hellyeah:

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Enos Cabell posted:

They just used It's Gonna Be a Long Night as bumper music on Thursday Night Football. Can't say I was expecting that.

hell yeah the boys are gettin' paid.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Hell yeah, bringing back Candi live. :slick:

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

caligulamprey posted:

Hell yeah, bringing back Candi live. :slick:

Hoping it's for a live recording! Otherwise just a play through for its 30th anniversary

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

There's no way they're not gonna sit on it like that live Mollusk show from Bend and dagnabbit, give me my Mollusk show vinyl.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

caligulamprey posted:

There's no way they're not gonna sit on it like that live Mollusk show from Bend and dagnabbit, give me my Mollusk show vinyl.

Yeah it only took what, 15 years for gws live to come out?

I always say they could make a killing if they had a live stream service or even an archive service. Id love to dive into some of those old unreleased tapes.

I remember Dean set up his studio to live video stream from, did one for $15 and never did it again lol

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

With how hippy-adjacent they are it's surprising they're not on Nugs.net like every other band at Bonnaroo

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Ween fans are old and stream on Facebook via the WeenStreamExchange group. If you wanna hear everything (in real time, I don't think they're archiving full shows), that's where ya wanna look.

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Sep 28, 2023

Planet X
Dec 10, 2003

GOOD MORNING
If Chocolate and Cheese has an anniversary coming up, definitely read the 33 1/3 book on it, it's really insightful. I think it mentions that Dean cried when he got his hands on the record because he was on the same label that The Doors were on (Elektra) and just couldn't believe it. :unsmith:

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

caligulamprey posted:

Ween fans are old and stream on Facebook via the WeenStreamExchange group. If you wanna hear everything (in real time, I don't think they're archiving full shows), that's where ya wanna look.

Yeah but the fanbase of every band that is big on Nugs.net is a bunch of old people

Except Goose I guess

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort
We do have archive.org for free Ween audio tho

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

caligulamprey posted:

do they have soundboards or AUDs or is it just a dude streaming it from his phone?

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Kvlt! posted:

do they have soundboards or AUDs or is it just a dude streaming it from his phone?

The latter, they can be pretty good though.

HerzogZwo
Nov 30, 2000

Harminoff posted:

I always say they could make a killing if they had a live stream service or even an archive service. Id love to dive into some of those old unreleased tapes.

There was once weenradio.org. It was an archive of live shows and unreleased tracks that started as a winamp station, but then outlived winamp and was hosted by a ween fan with their blessing. Even had a song request function.

Finally bit the dust in 2016, Deener did say he wanted to revive it but of course he didn't/couldn't.

I was the guy that would request "Seconds" and "Argus part II" every time I listened, multiple times.

Not sorry.

HerzogZwo fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Sep 29, 2023

HerzogZwo
Nov 30, 2000
Now I'm sorry, double post.

But yeah, lots of good shows (and bad ones) are on archive.org

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

HerzogZwo posted:

Now I'm sorry, double post.

But yeah, lots of good shows (and bad ones) are on archive.org

And by extension the Relisten app

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Happy halloWEEN

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

I did not listen to enough Ween this Halloween season.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

sporklift posted:

Happy halloWEEN

rules

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

sporklift posted:

Happy halloWEEN

I love it!

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
POD vinyl woohoo

https://ween.themerchcollective.com/products/the-pod-fuscus-edition-brown-tan-2xlp

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Got mine mang.

Oh yeah. Picked mine up here. A bit cheaper and free shipping.
https://www.deepdiscount.com/the-pod-fuscus-edition/880882594015

sporklift fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Nov 20, 2023

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Finally back in the PNW. :rock:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

caligulamprey posted:

Finally back in the PNW. :rock:

Gener with the vanity sizing on that poster.