Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

weirdojace
Sep 4, 2007
The Mollusk, 12 Golden Country Greats, and White Pepper can still be found in some record stores, I would think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weirdojace
Sep 4, 2007
There's two pressings of The Mollusk out there, the original 1997 pressing on black vinyl, and the Plain Recordings reissue from 2010, which is on the badass marbled aqua colored vinyl. Also, the Plain Recordings version of White Pepper is on white vinyl, and 12 Golden Country Greats is on marbled brown vinyl.

weirdojace
Sep 4, 2007
Weird! The only black version of The Mollusk that I know of is the original pressing from 1997. And if that's the case, you struck gold, cause I've seen that go for a lot of money on eBay. Does your record say Plain Recordings on the back? All of the Plain Recordings copies should be teal colored.

weirdojace
Sep 4, 2007
That sounds like a pretty cool class. I'm glad Aaron is doing well.

weirdojace
Sep 4, 2007
Let's take a moment to appreciate how amazing this band was live. This is all stuff from the Live in Chicago DVD.

Mutilated Lips
Roses Are Free
Take Me Away
Transdermal Celebration
Big Jilm
Booze Me Up and Get Me High
The Blarney Stone
All of My Love (Led Zeppelin cover)

weirdojace
Sep 4, 2007
The songs Big Fat gently caress, How High Can You Fly and Monique the Freak showed up in a much better form on Shinola. Craters is still pretty cool though.

weirdojace
Sep 4, 2007
That's a fantastic performance. I love how Gener just drops his guitar on the ground at the end.

weirdojace
Sep 4, 2007
Man, they both look so happy right there.

weirdojace
Sep 4, 2007

EDDIE__DINGLE posted:

Yea that is bummer about the documentary, it looks like Deaner wasn't interested. Regarding the unreleased materials I think Deaner has kinda always been in charge of that since he has always been the primary editor. I think when the band was active Deaner would release that stuff because he was confident new material was still coming and they could release things like caesar and craters of the sac to keep our interest piqued in between albums. Now I think Deaner is being more conservative in their old materials release so they can do more things like shinola.

Man, a new Shinola would be perfect. I don't care if I've heard all the songs before, I just wish a new addition to the Ween catalog would come out. But even Deaner said to not hold our breath on that...

I'm still not completely convinced that at some point these guys won't get back together and do some reunion shows or something. But maybe I'm just in denial.

weirdojace
Sep 4, 2007
You think Fluffy is good on the album? They rock it when they do it live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWF5MSeqONU

weirdojace
Sep 4, 2007
Well I mean, I'm sure he wrote a lot of songs in Ween that he's still proud of to this day. If they're his songs, I think he should still play them. And it's nice that he's not just pretending that Ween never happened or anything. The fact that his relationship with Deaner seems so crushed deeply saddens me, though. Seems like he just hates the guy now.

weirdojace
Sep 4, 2007
This song is good. Yay Aaron! About time.

weirdojace
Sep 4, 2007

me your dad posted:

It'd suck though if he got in a car and the driver/fan was like, 'you mind if we listen to some Ween?'

"You mind if we listen to Marvelous Clouds?"

weirdojace
Sep 4, 2007

Abu Dave posted:

https://soundcloud.com/partisan-records/freeman-the-english-and-western-stallion

I'm actually excited for this album after the poo poo that was Marvellous Clouds. This is very Ween sounding.

You're right. I'm very excited for this as well!

weirdojace
Sep 4, 2007
I quite enjoyed the album. It's definitely stripped back, but it isn't boring like Marvelous Clouds (which I couldn't get through). The first song is great, a direct message to the Ween fans.

weirdojace
Sep 4, 2007
Just listened to that. drat, "Love Will Conquer All" is awesome. Should have been included on The Pod.

weirdojace
Sep 4, 2007
So, Deaner gave out two new (old) previously unheard Ween demos from the Cucaracha sessions last week on Facebook.

The Wolfman
"Ok, I promised Aaron I wouldn't give out demos anymore w/o his approval but i just found this one from cucaracha that i have never really heard and have no idea why it didn't get considered. it's called "the wolfman", we both wrote it and it has a very mid period bowie feel to it with screaming guitars. merry x-mas, this will be the last one for the holidays."
http://www.chocodog.com/chocodog/wolfman.wav

Leave Deaner Alone
"I'm pretty sure this has never been posted before, but since it's Xmas I thought I'd throw it out there. There are 2 studio versions of this song, this is the original demo, cut to 16 track tape, when we re-recorded it Andrew Weiss wanted me to go for a ZZ Top "Deguello" type vibe and it totally didn't work. When I find it I'll post that too, As a side note, people took this song way too seriously, I love interacting with Ween fans and always have. I wrote this at the bar on a napkin though after a guy pulled a Woody Allen move on me straight out of "Annie Hall."

weirdojace
Sep 4, 2007
Pure Guava got repressed.

http://www.jsrdirect.com/bands/ween/music/ween-vinyl/pure-guava-vinyl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weirdojace
Sep 4, 2007
Quote of the article:

quote:

DW: Aaron did a demo of "Friends" for this record—it was one of the 50 songs—and he really wanted to work with, as he says, a gay Euro DJ. It was something that was very important to him for some reason. My feeling was, this should be the first track on our record. But he felt so strongly about doing it that it was like, "Okay, let's see what happens." I figured in a million years, he would never pull it off, like find a gay Euro DJ to do it, and it only took him about five seconds to find someone. He found the guy that did the Crazy Frog stuff. Then I had to cop to it. It was the first time we ever tried that. It was sort of an experiment, I guess. Aaron got his gay Euro loving DJ song, which I take absolutely no responsibility for.