Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

global tetrahedron
Jun 24, 2009

To be fair, a lot of the lyrics sure sound like they were written by 16 year olds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

global tetrahedron
Jun 24, 2009

I'd definitely make a case for "Exactly Where I'm At" as the best Ween song.

global tetrahedron
Jun 24, 2009

Nope, it's definitely 'Transitions.'

global tetrahedron
Jun 24, 2009

I'm gonna take this with a grain of salt, for one, he said it's 'pretty much' over. No bands break up forever these days. At the moment it seems like they were on a hiatus anyway. That's what bands do now, 'hiatus' instead of break up. Also, it's the kind of quote that seems to need a bit of context. And didn't Claude say he was quitting awhile back? But then play every show with them anyway? I dunno, just seems weird to come out and say it in Rolling Stone.

Also, where are people seeing this on Facebook? I don't see it on the Ween page.

edit- found it:
https://www.facebook.com/ween/posts/10150851696028564

global tetrahedron fucked around with this message at 00:34 on May 30, 2012

global tetrahedron
Jun 24, 2009

Great interview, good to know that the gossip has made things seem far more toxic than it actually is. In honor of this interview, I submit what is clearly the best Ween song, and one that is relevant to the situation. (titlewise anyway)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZghM6fTW9U

I hope they do another Shinola, however that's been posted about and seems unlikely...

global tetrahedron
Jun 24, 2009

HerzogZwo posted:

Aaron's tour is actually turning around, he has at least stopped playing 12 Rod McKeun songs and then 3 Ween songs, now it's mostly Ween. However, from what I hear not many people are showing up.

I would have gone but the tickets are really expensive. In Mpls they were 25/ticket. I think I paid less than that other times I'd seen Ween. I'm sure it'd be a decent show but seriously.

global tetrahedron
Jun 24, 2009

I always skip the Fruit Man, that song is pretty terrible, and a retread of things they did a million times before and better, at that.

global tetrahedron
Jun 24, 2009

Sleepstupid posted:

So, is there anywhere you can get the Live at Chicago DVD for reasonable price?

Ha, drat, I bought mine on Amazon for like 8 bucks a few years ago. Looking at the prices now, I'd almost be willing to part with it.

Nah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

global tetrahedron
Jun 24, 2009

thanks for that