Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HerzogZwo
Nov 30, 2000
If any of you have a chance to go to these Moistboyz show, I highly recommend it. I have been to a lot of rock shows in my time... and nothing, absolutely nothing compares to Moistboyz. Loud, crass, balls to the loving wall rock. It is the polar opposite of whatever the hell Aaron / Gener is doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HerzogZwo
Nov 30, 2000
Pretty good list. Some of those are "b" sides from Elektra era singles, not sure if they can re-release those.

Here's a few I would add:

that man from the flatland
love will conquer all
the other argus song
take me back to north pappy flappy
albino sunburned girl

Aaron's tour is actually turning around, he has at least stopped playing 12 Rod McKeun songs and then 3 Ween songs, now it's mostly Ween. However, from what I hear not many people are showing up.

HerzogZwo
Nov 30, 2000
I guess so few people showed up for the show at the Beachcomber that they weren't even checking for tickets.

HerzogZwo
Nov 30, 2000
Yeah, I never could figure out they lyrics to "Cover it with gas and set it on fire".

You guys find Aaron's soundcloud yet?

HerzogZwo fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Aug 30, 2012

HerzogZwo
Nov 30, 2000
Pure Guava was a made from a Gerber baby food flavor (Guava, obviously), and the typeface and graphic was ripped exactly on the album cover . I wish I had saved the labels, the ones they make now have a different design and font.

HerzogZwo fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Jan 19, 2013

HerzogZwo
Nov 30, 2000
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/dean-ween-et-sa-bande-gigantico-invite

9:30 et

HerzogZwo
Nov 30, 2000
Aaron is going to play the Tonic Room in Chicago less than 1 month after Mickey's big NYE stand there. I didn't go because I am an old man now (also, I was at the Bowie cover show in Berwyn). Did any of you fellas make it?

I wonder if he will use the Brownouts as backup (aka Ween cover band "the Pod") like Mickey did.

That Wolfman song is dope, way better than most of the stuff that made the album.

HerzogZwo
Nov 30, 2000
Holy poo poo, Deener hired Roger Water's son as his new keyboard player for DWG.

HerzogZwo
Nov 30, 2000
The rumor mill has been rampant for weeks on this. Apparently there is a single reunion gig in the works.

Not sure how to feel about it if it comes to pass. Frankly if they are both going through with it because it pays the bills, I understand. But I don't really expect a full reconciliation this decade.

HerzogZwo
Nov 30, 2000

HerzogZwo posted:

The rumor mill has been rampant for weeks on this. Apparently there is a single reunion gig in the works.

Not sure how to feel about it if it comes to pass. Frankly if they are both going through with it because it pays the bills, I understand. But I don't really expect a full reconciliation this decade.

Have fun at the show kids, I've seen Ween "fake it" enough times to put myself through it again. Love to be a fly on the wall for this contract negotiation...

HerzogZwo
Nov 30, 2000
Guys, I had the weirdest loving dream! Ween got back together and Charlie Sheen had HIV.

HerzogZwo
Nov 30, 2000

Harminoff posted:

Was looking for something to do for NYE and saw that Deaner is playing in Chicago.

https://www.ticketfly.com/purchase/event/974981

$150 though, jesus.

I believe it is open bar that night, so likely worth it. He is also playing the night before for $40.

HerzogZwo
Nov 30, 2000

Bold Robot posted:

...Guess Deaner's been into Mercedes Benz for a while.

Deaner's dad was a used car dealer. That's why he knows so much about cars.

It took me years to figure out "mopar cam" was a car term!

HerzogZwo
Nov 30, 2000
In olden times, there was a message board just for ween fans (weenforum) that would have made SA mods blush. Both Gene and Deen posted under alts (miggy and taer).
It may be lost in time now, but it did not go well (triggered or at least liveposted the original breakup). That's when Gene kinda quit the fanbase. I think he asked the mods to delete all his posts.

There was a guy who just posted pics of his turds.

HerzogZwo
Nov 30, 2000

Enos Cabell posted:

It's always been kinda funny to me that a sizable chunk of the Ween fanbase was introduced to the band through one of three different animated shows. I first heard of them via Beavis and Butt-Head, and I know people that their first taste was either South Park or Spongebob.

Agreed! But you rarely come across anyone who found ween via the “It’s Pat” movie.

HerzogZwo
Nov 30, 2000

Harminoff posted:

I always say they could make a killing if they had a live stream service or even an archive service. Id love to dive into some of those old unreleased tapes.

There was once weenradio.org. It was an archive of live shows and unreleased tracks that started as a winamp station, but then outlived winamp and was hosted by a ween fan with their blessing. Even had a song request function.

Finally bit the dust in 2016, Deener did say he wanted to revive it but of course he didn't/couldn't.

I was the guy that would request "Seconds" and "Argus part II" every time I listened, multiple times.

Not sorry.

HerzogZwo fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Sep 29, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HerzogZwo
Nov 30, 2000
Now I'm sorry, double post.

But yeah, lots of good shows (and bad ones) are on archive.org