Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like the album. It's not remarkable or anything but it's a very "pleasant" listen. That said, give us a new Ween album now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Did anyone buy the album and know if Mickey played on anything? Spotify doesn't have album linear notes.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thanks guys thats a shame. Hope there isn't a serious riff between them :ohdear:.

Whodat you have to tell us about fishing with him. Is it as amazing as it sounds?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
God loving damnit.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/aaron-freeman-closes-the-book-on-ween-20120529

The article for people who don't know.

e; Mickey posted on facebook that he didn't learn about it until just now. Ugh.

Empress Brosephine fucked around with this message at 23:43 on May 29, 2012

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:qq: This made me really sad. Poor boognish :(

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Here's hoping he makes Josh Holmes do another Desert Sessions.

e; Also this part in that same video was really depressing :qq: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99mnw34ij3Y&t=217s

Empress Brosephine fucked around with this message at 23:34 on May 31, 2012

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Mickey rules, glad he's always been super down to earth and everything.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Slackerish posted:

What songs did Deaner do vocals on other than Piss Up A Rope and The Blarney Stone? I know there were others but Gene's voice is so nuts that I believe anything.

And gently caress it, he's Deaner forever to me.

My Own Bare Hands, Get a Little Taste of You come to mind.

Also I hope this isn't just a new Moistboyz record in disguise. I don't like Moistboyz :(.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Mickeys friends with John Popper :stare:

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Mickey thinks the house that they wrote the Mollusk in got knocked down in the hurricaine :(

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://blogs.westword.com/backbeat/2012/11/weens_pure_guava_turns_twenty.php

Happy birthday Push Th Lil' Daisies :unsmith:

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm surprised the major label allowed them to release it with that sound quality. I mean it gives it alot of feeling and makes it what it is, but atleast Push Th Little Daisies sounds like it was recorded in a studio while the others are...not.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Roses are Free?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Maybe it's Dancing in the Show Tonight? Theres a little bit in the solo that sounds like some kind of weird flute like instrument.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I got Quebec on vinyl and had a hearty laugh at them listing the lyrics and personal for every song, but once you get to The hosed Jam it just says "Nope."

:worship: Ween

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Woah that sounds amazing. drat.

It seems all the albums have gone OOP, and I don't have a ebay account so i've been trying to track them down. Just managed to find Quebec so far :(

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah, I like Shinola but I want a copy of The Mollusk and White Pepper. :(

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That boxset goes for like $300. It's nuts.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Maybe you guys can help me; Does anyone have a copy of The Mollusk? Is it teal colored? I just got mine today but it's not teal, it's black. And I can't find any record of a US released Black version of it on Discog. Worried I got a counterfeit. :ohdear:

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah it's a Plain Recordings version. It sounds fine, but it's weird that it's not teal. I got White Pepper from the same retailer and that one is white also. :iiam: Thank you for answering though.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Oldstench posted:

Later pressings of The Mollusk on Plain Recordings were black. You should be careful with them though, from what I understand their vinyl reissues are sourced from the CDs, not from the master tapes.

Thanks you. Sucks about the sourced from cd but I'm just glad to own a copy of the Mollusk.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLATRqX6dEI

New moistboyz

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Holy cow that solo was amazing. Maybe he never needed Mickey afterall!

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://soundcloud.com/partisan-records/freeman-the-english-and-western-stallion

I'm actually excited for this album after the poo poo that was Marvellous Clouds. This is very Ween sounding.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That long island beach song is real real real real good.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I thought DWG was still just touring Phily so I feel so dumb missing them when they were local. :qq:

Ween is what would happen if the Beatles followed the multi genre format of the White Album but went even more tongue in cheek.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJyd9Dx6o94

My favorite song from Z Rock Hawaii. That guitar tone is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No Push the Little Daisies or I Get a Little Taste of you on any of the ngihts :qq: