Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Bold Robot posted:

Lack of show announcements is a little worrying, especially in light of the weird post from Deaner’s wife last fall. This time last year they had announced a bunch of shows already (and played at least a couple).

What was the weird post from his wife?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Altered states of consciousness are pretty necessary for early Ween until it "clicks" then you can appreciate it sober

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Anyone know the presale code for tomorrow's Boston tix going on sale?

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

I've only ever seen Dean Ween Group live, so i'm wicked excited to see Gene for the first time!

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

BigFactory posted:

I got a couple of tickets but that Boston show sold out in like an hour. You think they’d add a 2nd show or book a bigger venue. Although bigger than HoB is the Orpheum which is always a low energy place to see a show.

they played Rockland trust last time they were here

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Wilbur would def be too small for them i think. I think HoB is probably the best venue for them in terms of who you get to see even if the tix sold out fast. Rockland Trust sux, they couldnt sell out Xfinity and that sucks more. gently caress the Orpheum.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

BigFactory posted:

Yeah the Wilbur is half the size of HOB, which is weird. I guess you just can’t see the stage from half the places they stuff you in at HOB. I’ve never been up in the balcony either. Avalon was a much better setup. Also surprisingly, the orpheum is only a couple hundred people bigger than HOB. Next size up is wang center, which wouldn’t work either.

Yeah the choices for them in Boston are either HoB or Rockland trust, which sucks but I like HoB better out of the two.

I saw Deaner's band play at Brighton Music Hall which was a blast, seeing him play those fun douchey bar songs in a bar was a lot of fun.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

great show but they really needed to book a bigger venue. It was crazy crowded and that line really sucked. really dug the jam tho. Deaner does indeed loving shred.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

This guy is the worst. He made people pay for a Phish show stream then had a massive meltdown like a baby when Phish put a cease and desist on him. He was making thousands of dollars off essentially just streaming Phish shows.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

pwn posted:

I haven’t watched it nor will i ever because “______ reacts!!” videos are The Worst

also this lol, someone explain the appeal to me of watching a guy try to replicate a soundclip

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Beastie posted:

Cucaracha is amazing. It's obnoxious as gently caress and it owns. Y'all crazy.

Agreed

I feel like Ween only gets "polished" in the studio. When I saw them live (and whenever I listen to their live shows) they're generally loose as gently caress and the opposite of polished, not that it's a bad thing if anything I prefer it that way.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

I'd really love Deaner to do some type of pedalboard vid/rig rundown. He always manages the most gnarly loving tones. I love how he uses phasers/flangers especially where a lot of guitarists would just throw in dirt/fuzz/OD.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Holy poo poo you are the best! Thank you!

EDIT: Is that whole channel Deaner's?

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

is there a good (legal) place to get live ween soundboards even if u have to pay?

also anyone recommend some good live shows (even if its just a link to an AUD) ive been digging live Ween a lot recently

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Yeah Phish has a monthly subscription service for access to pretty much their whole soundboard archive id gladly pay for something similar but with Ween

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Finally got a chance to listen to that Orpheum show and drat, you guys were not loving around it's really good. Loving all these show recs

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

I wish they'd make a collection of extended Deaner jams, I could listen to a playlist of A Tear For Eddie live performances all day especially the part where the phaser/flanger comes on

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

wasnt it Deaner's wife accusing Gene of not being sober?

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Choda Dog posted:

Cause Ween is my favorite band I am posting this in here:

first music I have made:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEhh2wTBg4A

Ngl I'm kinda confused as to what this is and how it relates to Ween? You wrote the music or performed it? If that's your first time making music that's pretty impressive!

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

between that and Mike Gordon from Phish's alleged affair in Atlantic City it's a crazy time to be a wook!

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

thats kinda what the assumption is yeah, I cant confirm or deny his actual intent

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

ween's audience is a lot of hippie/jamband scene. The band/music itself has nothing to do with that scene

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Ween and Phish are the two bands I will ALWAYS do the full run or die trying.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

DoubleCakes posted:

*reaches for his phone to immediately called the Based Department*

Deaner answers the phone

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

BigFactory posted:

What a great excuse to listen to the mollusk again.

Me everytime I wake up

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Yeah Gener has always looked a little older but he's lookin rough these days compared to Dean. I wonder if its drug abuse or just aging or a combo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

caligulamprey posted:

Ween fans are old and stream on Facebook via the WeenStreamExchange group. If you wanna hear everything (in real time, I don't think they're archiving full shows), that's where ya wanna look.

do they have soundboards or AUDs or is it just a dude streaming it from his phone?