Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HORATIO HORNBLOWER
Sep 21, 2002

no ambition,
no talent,
no chance
This was a long time coming. "La Cucaracha" was a massive disappointment and anyone who said otherwise was deluding themselves. It's been five years and nothing, not a hint of new music. Meanwhile the band's been putting on shows, playing the same tired tunes over and over.

I went to see them for the last time on the Cucaracha tour in Tucson. It was the same night that the city does a Day of the Dead parade down Congress Street and, well, sad to say but the parade was a lot more entertaining than Ween was that night. I tried to tell myself I'd just outgrown Ween, but I think the truth is Ween outgrew itself.

I just saw a comment on the Ween forum I think about suns it up: "It is pretty hard to fathom that a grown man would want to shun a persona created in his early teens." No kidding. I'm in the process of trying to get on board with a federal contractor and it's a little tough to swallow that my unsavory activities of six or seven years ago could stand in my way. I don't get high and listen to Ween records anymore--I've got a family to think about--so why should I or anyone else expect Freeman to get high and write and perform them?

To those of you who are new to Ween--sorry. The shows I saw back in the day were some truly great times. Wish I could have seen Pavement back in their heyday, but alas.

Thanks for the music and the memories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HORATIO HORNBLOWER
Sep 21, 2002

no ambition,
no talent,
no chance
Mickey put up a website where people can ask him questions so they don't waste time with stupid poo poo on his fishing tours.

I give it half a week.