Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
On the other hand, Dean Ween (and Primus) in Australia next year ... I'll take that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

I'm really torn, theres not too many tickets left to see Primus w/Deaner as support in Australia so all thats left are $100 tickets and money is drat tight at the moment. I'm not a huge Primus fan, casual at best and Deaner's set is only 45mins. On the other hand this is the closest to a Ween tour I've had since 2008. It's probably too much to hope for a side show!

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Yeah that's the other issue, they're playing in a huge theatre where I'd be in the nosebleeds, the sound isn't great there either. So that would be the upside of the intimate small venue part lost. Guess I just gotta hope that traveling here is a positive experience for the guys, enough so that they want to come back with Aaron as Ween for their own headline shows. Those 2 nights in Melbourne in 2008 were two of the best gigs of my life.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Deaner was in my city last weekend and I didn't get to go see him and it feels bad. But over $100 for 8 songs when I'm not a massive Primus fan just couldn't be justified. Here's hoping Ween come back down here again one day.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Fenrir posted:

I've tried many times over the years but I just can't get into early Ween. Chocolate and Cheese? Hell yes, and almost everything since, but the first 3 records still don't do much for me :(

I'm basically the same. There's a few tracks prior to Chocolate and Cheese I love, but everything from that point on is gold to me. But same as the above comment, the live versions of some of the early stuff really shine and turn them into totally different songs. Dr Rock, Sketches of Winkle, Birthday Boy, Never Squeal, Nan (although I love the album version), Tick, Papa Zit, Big Jilm, Pumpin' 4 the Man ... all just killer tracks live!

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

caligulamprey posted:

It ain't Browntracker, but Archive.org has some real nice recordings of the Portland shows:

8/17
8/18

drat thanks for the heads up on these, they're great!

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

I just wish they'd come back to Australia.. scary to think its been 11 and a half years now

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

I wonder if Australia is too much to ask for in 2020 ... 2008 feels so long ago

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Thanks so much for this! Was only able to buy a ticket to one night so this is rad to see the others

thepokey fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Oct 4, 2021

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Hoping that some audio/mp3 rips of this turn up on archive or wherever ... think this is the best sounding shows we've had since the reunion?

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Elephunk posted:

it's been a five year reunion tour, that's a bold claim

True, theres a few good proshot ones, but im not sure what one would be better audio than this?

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

I do have a soft spot for La Cucaracha since thats the only album I've seen them tour for here in Australia so I think I have good memories/times associated with that, but I do hope they at some point release a more fitting final album. For now I've just combined the best of Freeman/DWG into a playlist.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

I couldn't seen from skimming the website, but are the streams available for a time after the show?

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Elephunk posted:

No but places like browntracker and the facebook groups / forums all have people who rip the webcast and upload them to Megadownload or wherever

browntracker is still alive?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Harminoff posted:

Studio version of let's get divorced!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ4E6YHT5Xc

I had no idea there was a studio version of this ... such a great song but always thought it was a shame all the live recordings were kinda sub-par quality