Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mt. Modular
May 18, 2006

This is awesome, thank you! Quebec is not only of my favorite Ween albums, but one of my favorite albums period.

It never fails to astound me how cool these guys are. It's almost too good to be true when you consider the amount of free music they make available for their fans AND the quality of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mt. Modular
May 18, 2006

me your dad posted:

I think Ween needs to follow up Country Greats with a reggae album. Mango Woman and King Billy are such amazing tracks. I'd buy the poo poo out of 12 Golden Reggae Greats.

Yeah, I just want to second this. "King Billy" is one of my all time favorite Ween songs. They just nail it.

Mt. Modular
May 18, 2006

I actually like La Cucaracha quite a bit. It's not my favorite Ween album, no, but it's an album that I still listen to pretty often. "Learning to Love" is one of my favorite Ween songs, period. Hell, I even like the La Cucaracha version of Friends more than the EP version (love those crazy bongos or whatever the hell is going on in the background).

Mt. Modular
May 18, 2006

Harminoff posted:

I also really like the album they did with the boredoms. The Meadow is one of my all time favorites http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJyd9Dx6o94 as well as this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qy5YrOUPNwo&feature=related

I just want to thank you for this. Somehow I had no idea that this existed and those You Tube links were awesome. I can't believe I never heard of this before...

Mt. Modular
May 18, 2006

Yeah, of any band that's in a fractured state, I think Ween is one of the most likely I'd nominate for a reunion down the road. In the meantime, I guess I finally have an excuse for picking up the Ween albums I somehow don't own.

This news comes right in the midst of my recent obsession with The Mollusk, too. I've been listening to that drat thing at least twice a day while in the car and I'm not even remotely tired of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mt. Modular
May 18, 2006

There's a great version of "Birthday Boy" on that Live CD/DVD they put out two or three years ago (it was an early 90s concert). I probably listen to that more than the original.