Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

appropriatemetaphor posted:

Always be earplugging

So much this.

I lost one of my earplugs in the green room at a Ukrainian jungle show and had to run back on stage to get some gear we'd forgotten, and I don't think my hearing ever really recovered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

Ofecks posted:

Wow, that's basically a how-to-shoegaze video. Didn't realize distortion, reverb, and strumming with the whammy bar is all it took. I don't play guitar anymore, but when I did I had this mid-90's Washburn with a floyd rose tremolo (very springy, impossible to keep in tune) that would have been perfect for that, I think.

I've got a 7 string Ibanez with a Floyd Rose trem, and it's fantastic for shoegaze. Actually stays in tune, too!

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

Bilirubin posted:

Starting to listen to Lush now. Sweetness and Light is an incredible song

Lush is crazy good. Rarely does a band name describe a band so well.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

uber_stoat posted:

I had the Conversation with my dad years ago, played Only Shallow for him. wasn't into it.

Haha, same with both of my parents.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
My favorite Only Shallow memory was driving into an unfamiliar city to get gas on a road trip and getting routed into the first multi-lane roundabout I'd ever seen. I had a complete anxiety meltdown, started screaming over my steering wheel, suddenly in a hot sweat even with the A/C blowing...and then Only Shallow shuffled up on my MP3 player, and it was like...oh. Never mind. Everything's fine. It was like an audible shot of morphine straight into my brain.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

deadwing posted:

new Hum album!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://humband.bandcamp.com/album/inlet

...e;fb

I'm really liking it so far

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

trem_two posted:

The strangest meltdown. She just kept doubling down on it as well.

https://twitter.com/mstobivail/status/1462188299968126978

I dunno, I make shoegaze-sounding protest songs with lots of guitar pedals about how I'd like for people to bring me 100 Nazi Scalps, but you do you, Tobi.

Confession: I never liked Bikini Kill. I tried. Bounced off of them repeatedly.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
“gently caress it, I’m going to go listen to some ska,” is solid life advice all around.

Autocorrect tried to turn “ska” into “amazing,” and I’m here for you for once, Autocorrect.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
The DeltaLab Effectron is another rack reverb that sounds absolutely fantastic on shoegaze type applications. I pretty much use it on everything I record in some capacity. It can also be very dubby if you treat it right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

Eyud posted:

Etymotic ER20s have always worked well for me

Yep, my faves. I've even used them when performing shoegaze.