Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lycheeee
Jan 14, 2011

what up meat puck
Pretty sure Crocodiles are a good fit for the noise pop category, I keep forgetting about them and then returning and remembering how good they are. Seeing them tomorrow with Dum Dum Girls in Boston!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muj5L25kf-I&feature=related

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lycheeee
Jan 14, 2011

what up meat puck
Have you guys heard of The December Sound? I accidentally saw them at a little bar nearby last night and really enjoyed it, but it might partly be because it's been so long since I've been to a shoegaze show and damnnn, I forgot how much that reverb gets to me. They have about 15k listeners on last.fm which is pretty high for a smallish band, I'm wondering if their recordings are worth looking into?

lycheeee
Jan 14, 2011

what up meat puck

origami posted:

That was the second (possibly third) time I saw them. I think it was kind of rough going after Ghost Box though...

I really dug that venue - I didn't know it was re-opened and I kind of want to book there.

Boston goon! Yeah, I've really enjoyed it so far, I've gone 1-2 times a weekend since it reopened because I'm really enjoying the scene, it's really near my apartment, and they seem to book decent stuff (and I'm not very into seeing random live bands at bars because if they suck, you're stuck in a bar unable to hear your friends and listening to a lovely band). I think I actually liked December Sound more than Ghost Box Orchestra but I seem to be in the minority there, my friends also preferred Ghost Box and I ended up staying alone for the end of December Sound. I just love loud, dark, almost-painful reverb so much. It reminded me a bit of A Place to Bury Strangers or The Telescopes or Disappears or something, a pretty heavy blend of shoegaze/psych rock/space rock.

I just realized what.cd is having a 3-day freeleech extravaganza so I guess I can grab all these recordings to try at no loss to myself :)