Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

whoscookinbacon
Apr 4, 2011

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

My entry to dream pop was last year via Broadcast. Found lots more stuff I liked but nothing that hit the Broadcast receptors all that much until I came across Movietone and Lake Ruth. Search says those have never come up in the thread so check them out (Day and Night and Birds of America would be good starts) but alternatively if you do know those and they jog some recommendations loose I'm all ears.

** Pram

** Stereolab (their first 7"s came out on the Lab's own label)

** The United States of America (old '60s band but waaaaaaay ahead of their time)

** Melody's Echo Chamber

Good call on Movietone, very much in line with Broadcast. Also look up Children of Alice, it's Broadcast and the Focus Group minus Trish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whoscookinbacon
Apr 4, 2011
The 3CD re-issue of Swervedriver's 99th Dream came out a week or so back. I enjoy that Swervedriver got a nice renaissance in the 2010s (saw them live in Madison for the I Wasn't Born to Lose You tour) and I always had a soft spot for 99th Dream. Swervedriver were a harder sell then a lot of the dreampop/shoegaze acts of the time because they were not afraid to get heavy and aggressive (see also Catherine Wheel.) Also getting ratfucked by their labels (Creation dropped them a week alter putting out their 3rd LP, Geffen picked them up and they lost the contract when their A&R person got shitcanned, the tiny label that picked them up afterward in the US folded) did not do them favors. But I'm most of way through the live disc which was recorded at the Mercury Lounge, and for a non-soundboard audience tape, it sounds fantastic. Cover is kinda rear end, though.