Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bandolier
Nov 14, 2011

The last American hero to whom speed means freedom of the soul.
This whole thread is awesome for introducing me to things like Drugstore and Belong amongst the more obvious listings.

Gay Crib Baby Dino posted:

I think this is the right thread for this so 2:54 are pretty good

This track is an impressive piece of work. The Curve comparison has also piqued my interest and I might blindbuy the album.

And speaking of Curve, Garbage once again put out a pretty serviceable facsimile of their sound on their recent record.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pAteK0o7eE

Miles ahead of the rest of the songs on the album but at least this track will stick with me for awhile.

bandolier fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Jun 15, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bandolier
Nov 14, 2011

The last American hero to whom speed means freedom of the soul.

Vienna Circlejerk posted:

I've been going through my library and listening to things I haven't listened to in years, and ran across Love Spirals Downwards. They were kind of a darkwave-ish dream pop group in the 90s that I found on a Projekt Records sampler CD back in the day and promptly fell in love with. Hope you don't mind me sharing a bit of my old man nostalgia in this thread.

This band is great. I think I came across them looking for music similar to Cocteau Twins/Mazzy Star, which have always been principal music fixations for me. For some reason I especially liked their last album "Flux" in spite of its change in direction. I heard it in like 2005 and I fell in love with how dated its late-1990s "electronic" aesthetic already sounded to me. Makes me think of Sega Saturn and the movie Fallen Angels by Wong Kar Wai.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXXFjWkFblU