Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kefka40
Jan 16, 2013

We're only making plans for Nigel.
While I love My Bloody Valentine and Pale Saints (I pressed the repeat button to "Featherframe" so many times), another band that I really love from the shoegaze/dream pop genre is Lush. Their albums Gala, Spooky, and Split had some really enchanting melodies. Their last album, Lovelife, went towards the traditional conventions of where brit pop stood at the time rather than the dreamy/shoegaze of their prime (that's not to say that I didn't enjoy songs like "Ladykillers", but it was a bit jarring compared to the aforementioned works and I could not get into the album as a whole as much). The group split up not long after the drummer hung himself in 1996 (same year Lovelife was released), but their music still stands the test of time in my opinion, and hopefully in others as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU