Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
It's sad that I never got into Shoegaze in the 90s as that type music would have spoken volumes to me in the middle of all the problems I was battling.

There's a feeling of "oh man, I missed out" when I look at this stuff now. So many of the bands I could have been into are well past their prime or broken up.

It's hard for me to say though - I probably would have dismissed a lot of it without thinking, and probably did. Maybe I can enjoy it more now as I'm more in touch with myself than I was back then.

In any case, I'm definitely enjoying the present decade - I'd say this decade, only three years in, musically feels like it was made for me. There's a lot of bands making music that is 'the kind of music I'd want to make if I were a musician' these days that appeal almost directly to my sensibilities.

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Feb 9, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU