Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Loveless sounds a lot better if you crank the bass up. I normally never mess with EQs but the slinky bass line in "Soon" deserves to be front and center, not buried in the mix. Sorry Kevin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The Lush covers are so fuckin good

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Probably Magic posted:

Knowing Lush got hosed over for the same reasons that ultimately messed over the Smashing Pumpkins, i.e. writing credits being accredited in a lopsided fashion that affects royalties, sucks. Lush is absolutely my favorite band ever. I still think of "Lit Up" as the ultimate song to explain my relationship with my mother and keeping her going through her depressive episodes.

I never heard about that, thar really sucks. More bands should have done what REM did, early on they just said "we're putting all our names equally on every song no matter who wrote it" to avoid that poo poo

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

microaggressions posted:

I really like this song and i think you guys should really like it too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exxCQYwPdag

That's dope, reminds a bit of Slowdive.thanks

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I think Spooky is a much better album than Loveless

Never really cared too much for Ride, but "Black Nite Crash" whips incredible amounts of rear end

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Jedit posted:

Perhaps he prefers songs where you can understand a single word that is being sung? I know I do.

I've never even tried to understand that song, but I swear part of it is "touch her there, where she doesn't dare"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Lol, I was driving around working last night and it occurred to me that shoegaze in general is a very horny genre

Shoegaze fucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

deadwing posted:

new Hum album!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://humband.bandcamp.com/album/inlet

Not bad!