Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

dj_de posted:

Where's Arcana Heart 3????
Where's Chaos Code????
It says "what's hot now," that's why they're not there :smug:

I was kind of hoping you'd call this thread the Fighting Game Thread 4rd Fiesta but I guess this works too. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Broken Loose posted:

Skullgirls video time!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-5ZH5mx7UQ

Grinta (FIL/CER) vs. Mike Z (CER/PEA/PAR)
This game is seriously looking loving awesome. I can't even imagine how much time it must have taken to do all the sprites for these characters.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Gutcruncher posted:

For reference, Skullgirls has been in production since before Street Fighter 4 was released.
For reference, I have a basket of apples while you have a basket and a half of oranges.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
The Cross Counter Lever bit will pretty much never get old.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Internet petitions :allears:

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
That video owns and you people are insane.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Single character teams still look really bad. I don't get why a single character takes red damage either unless there's some health recovery mechanic I'm not aware of.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Jmcrofts posted:

There isn't a recovery mechanic, single characters take red life just because everyone takes red life.

Some single characters are better than others. Cerebella does well against a lot of teams just because one 720 or one good combo and that's basically 100%. Parasoul does pretty well on her own as well just because she has good screen control, and unlike Peacock she has good "get-off-me" by herself. Peacock and Filia solo is pretty rough just because Peacock can't get people off her, and Filia doesn't have any way to make herself safe if the opponent blocks.

E: there's no baroque mechanic or anything either. As of now red health is non-functional for single characters. There's been talk of some kind of single-character alpha counter that spends red life, or a life recovery mechanic like darkstalkers, but so far they don't need it so nothing's been implemented on that front.
Clearly this is all code for "X-Factor will be introduced shortly." You don't fool me, Chilldog (if that's even your REAL name).

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Tom Brady's ramblings are usually pretty hard to sit through, but his story about his experience with the DOA community is hilarious.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
She kicks high.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I will say this about MK though, I'm impressed as hell with how balanced it seems like it's turned out to be. I think there were something like 7-8 different characters used during Evo top 8 this year, and there are other characters even beyond that that seem like they would be tournament viable.

I mean poo poo, someone almost made it to top 8 with Jax.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
:golfclap:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I put a second spring in my JLF and swapped out the gate for an octo-gate because I'm trying to replicate the feel of an American joystick. What is wrong with me :ohdear:

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

ImperialGuard posted:

Speaking of SRK, why do the guys in what is basically their stick subforum :spergin: out when they see 8-button layouts?

Rokstar, I'm with you on trying that. American parts don't fit in a TE without extreme modification. I already have a bat-top for my TE's JLF, clearly this could be done easily.
Yeah, altogether it took me just under an hour, and that includes the time I spent learning how to do it and the time spent taking the spring out of my other JLF. So it's a really quick job if you know what you're doing.

I have some Seimitsu springs on order too, so I'll probably play around with those next. :awesome:

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah so I'm probably gonna go back to the square gate because the octo gate is loving me up but I'm going to keep the springs the way they are. You guys can rest easy now that I have given you this update. :)

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Going back to American stickchat, what are the main differences between a Perfect 360 and a Competition/Eurojoystick? I'm assuming they're virtually nothing alike since their mechanisms are completely different, but is the P360 better enough to justify the much higher price tag (or, for that matter, is it better at all?)

You would think it would be easy to find this sort of thing on Google, but either I'm retarded at googling or it's just not out there.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

S-Alpha posted:

Yeah, gently caress those goddamn Americans, always stealing my stuff for absolutely zero reason at all, gently caress that poo poo man, fight the system, DOWN WITH THE GOVERNMENT.
This, but unironically.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
If you haven't bought a BB game before now it's not a bad deal for $50, just sayin' :)

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Cat Machine posted:

No, because most fighting games do not have a ruleset much longer than 'play 2/3 matches on default settings, dont pause poo poo or use turbo on your controllers'.

Conventional FGs usually only ban unlockable bosses (Omega Rugal, Akuma, Gill), who are blatantly not meant for competitive play. I can't really think of a conventional fighter where a main roster character has been banned.
I know I'm late to the party, but Hilde in Soul Calibur 4.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I noticed in one of the newer Parasoul videos that she doesn't wear her underwear on the outside of her pants in her blue color now. :allears:

And this has nothing to do with Skullgirls, but has anyone heard anything about when they expect to be able to start making the dual-modded Hitboxes? I put my name on the waiting list forever ago but haven't ever seen or heard anything about it.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Flash Metroid's Zangief Fan Club

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Vaah posted:

That was just suggested 2 posts up.
Yeah I know I just thought I would elaborate :)

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Trykt posted:

I really like this one, plus it abbreviates easily to a slightly-less-embarrassing-to-say-publicly "triple S" or "three S"? Which I guess would make extra sense if you guys are into 3rd much.
Or if you play new Ken in ST and are good at renda canceling :smug:

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Anime games are the best about that poo poo. In Arcana Heart 3 there's that one witch with the animated staff that has moves where you have to do crazy poo poo like 837918 within a window of 10 frames or something ridiculous like that.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Literally the only things I know about TF2 are that goons like to bitch about it and there are hats in it (that goons also like to bitch about).

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
The Madcatz Brawl Stick is on sale at Amazon for $50 today. Fairly decent option if you want a stick but don't know if you want to drop the money for a TE.

e: Only 1 left in stock though, so... nevermind?

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Solo Cerebella, on the other hand, would be motherfucking scary.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Nerokerubina posted:

I eliminated fanatiq, he outplayed me like a thousandfold but doesn't have his combos and punishes and stuff down yet, i deserved to lose like a billion times I hope he wasn't too salty!!!
I don't remember exactly but I'm pretty sure he talked poo poo about you on stream, good job :)

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

No way dude.

When I was in middleschool a boy in my class claimed that his father will burn his hands if he fails the exam. He failed and nothing happened. Kids are just attention whores like that.

(I hope I'm right)

Counterpoint: China.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

dj_de posted:

Valentine footage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYQzz18YrPg

There are also more videos of MvC2 players playing it at SCR
Valentine has the Mai Shiranui stance, I see.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I never actually noticed that Mai stands with her hand on her rear end in KOF13. That's even more hilarious than her older stances.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

dj_de posted:

Another funny thing to notice is her death animation :holymoley:
I want to see a death animation like Pac-Man except it wipes everything away except for the character's tits and then the tits disappear in the little sparky thing at the end.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
T'was the night before Noel and all across the sea
Not a normal was active, not even 2D

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
It's possible that Painwheel's level 3 could ignore the loop detection while it's active, but I don't know and I'm pulling this entirely out of my rear end.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

The_Cack posted:

Everyone get ready to drink some steam ale cause the Zybourne Clock is getting its own fighter:

http://shoryuken.com/2011/12/26/independent-fighting-game-gilden-tide-gets-teaser-trailer/
Cherry Venus

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Is Brooks Cracktackle going to be a guest character, I don't play fighting games unless there are tons of crossovers.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Uncle Istvan posted:

Oh wow, I didn't think that many people already found the page. I'm the guy in charge of the game and I can answer any questions you have. We kind of got thrown out there with our teaser being put on SRK, but we put everything we had together for Kickstarter and will be showing more content in the next week.
Okay here's my first question, why steampunk? You're a goon, you had to know what kind of reaction you were going to get.

e: I'm sort of holding any criticisms until I see game footage though, what's the ballpark on when we'll see some of that?

The Rokstar fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Dec 30, 2011

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
If you get Fiveaces in the game you absolutely have to work the four balls on the edge of a cliff thing into his moveset somehow.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

iPodschun posted:

I guess this goes best here:

Mr. Wizard Reveals EVO 2012 Line Up on Wakeup SRK Live Tonight at 7 PM PST
http://twitch.tv/keits

SSF4AE2012 and UMvC3 are locks of course, and likely some sort of TTT2 exhibition since it's not on console until late this year. I'm hoping for Skullgirls, and think KOF would be cool too.

Oh man oh man, I'm bracing myself for disappointment SO HARD right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

absolutely anything posted:

Street Fighter X Tekken over Skullgirls ahahahahahahahah

Evo best event.

• Locked thread