Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

TwoPair posted:

I bet they had it down in like, 30, but they're just such huge nerds they decided to change it to 42.

Nonsense. They probably read the books and go "this is all wrong/not really useful" then built their own Heart of Gold / Improbability Drive just because they could.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Holy gently caress Ultimates #2 was incredible. :aaaaa:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

prefect posted:

I hate you people who can get the comics the day they come out. :doom:

Same day as print digital :woop:

God bless, Comixology

Well, just bless now I suppose.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Dickeye posted:

Motherfuck I was just about to come here and say this.

I loving loved the first few panels where literally a thousand years passed explaining what's happening at the dome; The growth, the "evolution" within. It reminded me of a I think Koran short-novel/manga called Hotel in which we see an AI tell its story that spans millions of years with gaps of hundreds of thousand of years between pages and sometimes panels.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I just noticed Loki getting killed in the background :smith: God drat they're not loving around with this storyline.

I'm completely new to the Ultimate universe, only know bits and pieces so I ask: has Loki had a presence/part of this universe. To see him pop there alongside Thor for that last stand was a bit off since he's a dick everywhere I see/read about him.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I thought UXM was pretty drat good. The "problem" with X-Men being the weakest is because everything else has been so loving good.

My absolute favorite thing about this is how all the Ultimate titles have same day as print digital releases. Now if only they made FF digital as well...

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

USM begins before Peter died I think.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The first 3 of UCSM are bi-weekly then changes to monthly i think if I remember from the last time I checked comixology.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

USM#3 is giving me problems on comixology (stuck in a "you've already purchased but haven't downloaded" loop) but managed to read UXM#2 just now and I liked it. I'm playing catch up with some of what's being thrown since #1 was my first entry but I like the direction they're taking with this.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Chaltab posted:

It's done that to me before too. I got it to work by closing the browser and trying again.

I do all my purchases through the iPhone app. The problem seems to be that while my purchase appears to have gone through (it's already in my iTunes purchase history), comixology is not seeing this so it's not showing on my purchase list or letting download and trying to re-download it just makes comixology see I have in fact bought it but gives me no way to add/download it so I'm in some bizarro loop. No biggie.

UXM-newbie question: is He someone that's been previously hinted from a previous plot or is it still too early to know where this is going? Not trying to find out who he is/may be, just trying to figure out how much I may be missing from not having read anything previous.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

It's from today's. You'll get to it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Dacap posted:

Just to make sure I got that ending, but did Hickman actually just introduce Ultimate Xorn?

God drat.

Well this answers my question before I even asked it. Thanks!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mister Roboto posted:

What issue are you talking about here?

Hawkeye #3

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ultimates #3 is out and it went by way too drat fast. I don't know much about the ultimate universe but things are looking pretty hosed. The City as an entity that keeps expanding is terrifying and looks amazing. Almost like liquid technology.

I know Johnny is with the X-Men, what about the other 2 FF? Are they still alive/around in this universe? I just don't see how they can stop Richards, the Ultimates in general feel much smaller than the Avengers and the regular 616 variation of things.

Also, Hawkeye is back but no Banner/Hulk? :ohdear:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

invalid user posted:

Banner/Hulk are in the Hawkeye mini that's still going on.

Yes, but Hawkeye is back in the carrier which I assume means timeline wise his mini is over by now. Banner and the kids aren't.

I figure if you're dropping nukes it's past the point of NOT using Hulk or the kids unless something bad happened to him and he's still out of commission.

Unless that team is complete black ops and Fury can't use him/them in the open?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Blind Sally posted:

Miles Morales hasn't been given any specific villain yet.

:allears:

Hahaha this would be so ridiculous I'd pay to see it as a what-if.

And I'm loving that on Marvel in general my current favorite good guy and bad guy are the "same" person (Richards in FF and Richards here in Ultimates) :swoon:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Sigma posted:

And written by the same person!

I didn't even mention that (one of) the bad guys in FF is also (a) Richards!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

All the ultimate stuff post-fallout has been same day digital and on 616 some stuff is also same day (schism, ASM).

No digital FF still :argh:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ultimate Reed would make an excellent addition to the council of Reeds.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I don't think the city is killing anyone in a "kill the world to fix it". It's expanding and absorbing/assimilating poo poo in its way I imagine. It's only killing immediate threats (Gods) and in retaliation to attacks against The City. Notice in #2 they're not initially trying to kill the EEUU force, they're studying them first to see if there's anything useful.

So yes, I imagine a ton of people are dying but it's more of the hyper-evolutionary thing Reed put the dome through.

I really can't wait for the Ultimates to find out its Reed :allears:

As for it's attack force, it seems to be more modular/reactionary to whatever threat they encounter. I mean, they contained a nuclear detonation and killed the Gods, so it's more than "armor and swords"

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Nov 1, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

So USM#4:

Miles is awesome, Ganke is loving awesome. Love how everything is coming together and next one should be pretty good.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Also, anyone bothered to check the the previous comics to see if he was in the crowds?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ultimates 4 brings an unexpected "conclusion" to things. I doubt it'll be for long, no way they're going to sit around now that they know who runs the City.

That said, I love Ultimate Thor so much. "guess we're not leaving" :drat:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Myrddin Emrys posted:

You thought that was an unexpected reveal? I mean, the ending wasn't broadcast on a, say, Ultimate Doom scale, but it was fairly obvious, I think.

I meant the cease fire. I was honestly expecting poo poo to keep getting worse rather than "well we're happy with half of Europe, we'll stop for now". I was also hoping to see the other F4 react to the reveal. I read about ultimate doom and the whole Reed background/turn and I wasn't expecting him to really stop.

I'm guessing with the dome now open he doesn't have the time dilation going on meaning the city needs time for the new offspring to actually spawn and grow before it expands more.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Dec 2, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

U.X-Men #4 was pretty good although the rather slow pace of the story is starting to annoy me a bit. And Kitty needs to loving stop it with "but Peter is DEAD" :qq:

And where WAS she, anyways? (genuine question)

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Talking to myself here, but Ultimate Spidey #5 was great. I can't help but cheer for Miles to be awesome and he was. I imagine Fury's going to keep a real close eye on him to keep him on track.

And him trying to be Peter with (crappier) one liners is just adorable :allears:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Sion posted:

You're not talkin' to yourself, HNB.

UXM needs to sort its poo poo out and start actually doing something.

Well it just did and it's awesome. Definitely liked it this week more than Ultimates #5 (which was ok)

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Pertaining U.X-Men #6 - Someone's going to have to give me a recap of sorts because from what little I know of Ultimate X-Men isn't/wasn't he dead/killed?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Holy poo poo I read the image before reading your annotation and was so horribly confused. :laffo:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

So between U.X-Men 6 and now 7 I have no loving clue what's going on but I'm not sure I like it. Is that how Scarlet Witch's usually drawn/dressed in the Ultimate universe :stare: ?

And now we get back to back ending reveals of Charles and Magneto. I have no idea how these characters originally died (well I think magneto killed Charles since I saw the page in the funny panel thread and I know Magneto caused the NY wave) but now they're apparently back and are both being regarded as Gods. Huh.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Feb 15, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Her telling Pietro he was dressed ridiculous was the only thing that saved that sequence. :catstare:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I also loved how he came up with a line Peter had as well which ended pissing Omega even more.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ultimates #7's out and it's loving awesome. It's certainly starting to head in a good direction. Also Ultimate X-Men #8 (didn't 7 just came out?) too which managed to do a good job at keeping me interested. I'm really curious to see how X-Men will tie to Ultimates and how Xavier/Eric tie to that.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I really liked Ultimates. Except the end where they seemingly and easily captured most of them. Which means the only one that can save them and fight off Reed is..

... Miles :allears:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

If x-men was every 2 weeks I wouldn't complain about the pacing. The story has been good.

Colossus :stare:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Miles - things get pretty crazy around here. Its NY after all. I mean it's not as bad as Europe where this Reed Richards guy killed the gods and built a city or something. Things in NY aren't bad I guess. Then again, after Magneto killed millions with a wave that flooded the cirt, nothing's as bad.

Peter, member of the FF who before AvX teamed up with Magneto - :psyduck:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Man the Ultimate Universe is not loving around with anything. Especiallyn Zorn.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Matt Cruea posted:

Ultimate Ultimate Ultimates is cray-cray. In this issue: EVERYONE EXPLODES!

Zorn imploded :colbert:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

TwoPair posted:

I'm a little confused. So the City got super-nuked, right? Then what did Zorn black-hole-bomb?

Reed had sent a portion of his Children to attack Tian directly. Zorn went with his army to meet them and met somewhere not anywhere near The City which got nuked to hell and back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

They actually show/introduce the Dynamos in Ultimates #2 when they're showing the history of the city. They power The City so their sacrifice means they all overloaded powering the shields that salvaged some of The City.

• Locked thread