Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bitchin Kitchen
Jun 2, 2006
Capital!
23 years old here and Ultimate Spider-man was my first Spidey book. Ultimate Fantastic Four is the only Fantastic Four as far as I'm concerned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bitchin Kitchen
Jun 2, 2006
Capital!
I really like UFF a whole lot. The Ellis run and the Carey run I thought were incredible. I remember liking the Millar/Land when it first came out but on recent re-read I think there's to much Zombies! in it for me. First arc was cool too, mostly for that hot Kubert art.

Bitchin Kitchen
Jun 2, 2006
Capital!
A dollar a comic is exactly what some people will tell you Millar's ideas are worth. It will include the best two comics Chuck Austen ever wrote ( A Gambit two-parter) so that's actually a dollar's worth, too. If that goes straight through Vaughn I'd say go for it. I liked Ultimate X-men a lot for a long time, just don't go in expecting high art, and also, pretend people use "meatball" as a burn a lot.

Bitchin Kitchen
Jun 2, 2006
Capital!
The Ultimate Universe was a big part of what brought me into comics and I haven't checked in in a while. Is Iceman Bobby Drake still alive/in a book?

Does Spencer's run read better in trade or should I skip right to Wood?

I haven't read anything since Jeph Loeb's TV friends started writing, but I really used to like Ultimate X-Men.

Bitchin Kitchen
Jun 2, 2006
Capital!
Thanks for the help guys. Ultimatum was basically when I stopped reading any thing or checking in with stuff. I'm aware of the Peter Parker Super Hero House of Fun and I'm aware he's dead now.
I used to love Ult Fantastic Four but that's dead forever, from what I can tell.
So I think what I'll do is check out the Wood stuff and slowly catch up on Ultimate Spidey.
And maybe I'll see if the Ultimates did anything neat. (Have they ever?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bitchin Kitchen
Jun 2, 2006
Capital!
Ve know nothink about any Ultimatum. Ve vere on vacation!

• Locked thread