Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Saraya legitimately scares me sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Mick Foley is being an insufferable child on Twitter, due to a "negative" review of his stand up act. Here's the link: http://www.gigglebeats.co.uk/2011/11/review-mick-foley-live-journal-tyne-theatre-newcastle/

It's a short piece, and very fair from my viewpoint. But Foley is teeing off like the guy savaged him.

quote:

"You really can't fault his story-telling" wrote @andrewdipper . Finding faults seemed to be all you were looking for. Pretty telling that even your positive comments were negative. Didn't want to be accused of being a wrestling fan, did you, Andrew? Overcompensation?

quote:

Come on,@AndrewDipper - there was plenty to like in Newcastle, and you chose to minimize the positive accentuate the negative. #truedamntrue

quote:

Thanks for the support from my UK fans Please share your polite opinions with @andrewdipper . I'm sure he'll appreciate honest feedback.

quote:

REVIEWING THE REVIEW - Let's not make too big a deal out of this @gigglebeats review thing. It's not a terrible review. There are some semi-nice comments in there. All I have said thus far is that he minimized the positives and accentuated the negatives. I've hinted that he did so as to not come off as a wrestling fan - which he is. That's my opinion. I'm the first to acknowledge that I'm not a polished comedian. But I'm not sure I want to be one. I like trying different things - as the writer, who attended two distinctly different shows in Glasgow and Newcastle could have mentioned. As a writer for one of the most prominent comedy websites in the UK, I have no doubt that Andrew Dipper has seen much better, more professional comedians than me. But the writer should have at least acknowledged that the audience genuinely had a good time (even the non-wrestling fans, who went out of their way to tell me so) and that the great majority seemed thrilled to be there. It's not laugh-a-minute comedy because it's not meant to be; sometimes, I really want people to listen, and take something a little larger than just laughter away with them. Andrew Dipper may not have felt that way in Newcastle. Maybe, as the name implies, Gigglebeats is not looking for any type of depth beyond the beat of giggles. Thankfully, here's one reviewer who did get it in Cork, Ireland. Better written and far more insightful (though by no means completely positive) than the Mr Dipper's review, I think it is more indicative of the overall experience one can expect at my shows. http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/Guest_Editorials_16/article_54845.shtml

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

And now the passive aggression. Next usually is "My Twitter got hacked".

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

P. Gordon Diddy posted:

everyone should tweet @heelziggler pictures of yourselves doing lovely handstands and duckwalks. it's for his own good 'cause he should stop

No! Never!

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Minidust posted:

I wonder if WWE will regret this Twitter push when they realize that people who leave will still have a direct link to all their followers. It kind of clashes with Vince's need to control and carefully brand everything that comes out of the company.

It's not like those official superstar webpage URLs from the early '00s, where they could just shut one down if they wanted to.

If only WWE's Facebook-like thing had worked out, Vince could have had it all.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Sue Denim posted:

I'd be surprised if it wasn't, he never sounded like he was speaking a second language and his accent was one of the thinnest South African accents I have ever heard, it only really seemed noticeable with certain words.

Gabriel definitely confirmed Afrikaans is his first language, but I don't remember if he struggles with English at all anymore.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
God, Rhodes is... I like it. So weird, completely indecipherable, but hysterical nonetheless.

Someone has to tell me this, though. How the gently caress does Lance Storm run a bookclub without having a firm hold on grammar? He makes so many grammatical mistakes, and it's like I get that he generally reads mysteries and banal poo poo, but you surely have to pick up the basics through sheer osmosis.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Dusty really does have the best Twitter. Remember the rumor about him doing a nude scene in a movie for some reason?

So... I THINK he's saying at his age you can't go around with your jumbo (cock) out. Also, he congratulates himself for the jokes. This guy is amazing.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

KungFu Grip posted:

Dusty doesnt know how to reply back to people it seems so he's just typing his response normally, making look like a crazy homeless guy on twitter.

Which is doubly weird, because he has replied to one or two tweets directly.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Jay 2K Winger posted:

Goldust knows how to use Twitter fine. It's just that people apparently read his tweets and think that they'll be the exception to the "'follow me!!1!' No" chain.

On the plus side, Dusty hasn't euphemistically told his followers he was cumming on them. Repeatedly.

In that vein Dusty know far better how to use Twitter than Goldust.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

KungFu Grip posted:

Aww did you get tired of twitter Moose?

Huh? Did I miss something?

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Dusty quit twitter, FYI. Hopefully this is just a brief thing.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Dusty may have legit quit Twitter, and I'm quite sad. Hopefully the Dweem fires back soon.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Dream is back.

https://twitter.com/DustyWWE/status/147702682654748672

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Tyler Black is busy trying to gently caress up his career on Twitter, as per usual.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Ziggy Tsardust posted:

All I see is a retweet about an hour ago about how AotF were occupying things before it was cool. Nothing too outrageous

He's been talking about being called up to the main roster. The previous time (times?) he has done this, he wound up not getting called up.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
So if Bryan goes down to Gracie Fighter Tampa and taps Batista out, will he accept Bryan as a champion, or what?

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Mystery Opponent posted:

Batista outweighs Bryan by about 70lbs and trains in MMA regularly, so that would be a pretty interesting fight to behold

And I've heard Batista is quite legit at it, but Bryan - supposedly - was a lot better at it than Batista is, back when Bryan trained regularly.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Lone Rogue posted:

Batista is about as eloquent as Manflurry talking about catears, but there's nothing wrong with his point. It's pretty much my attitude. I love Daniel Bryan as a worker but giving him a belt he isn't over enough for, he isn't ready for and storyline sense he's clearly not good enough for only undermines the win in itself. We've been through this before with Jack Swagger.

I'd wager that Batista isn't saying Bryan shouldn't have the title because he isn't booked strongly - it's because Bryan is small. Or he thinks Bryan lacks star quality, is just a vanilla technician, or something.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Lone Rogue posted:

Daniel Bryan: 5'10"
Eddie Guerrero: 5'8"

Maybe I'm giving Batista the benefit of the doubt (I've done stupider things) but I don't think he doubts Daniel Bryan because of his size. He doubts him because he doesn't buy into him as Champ right now. And gently caress, I agree with him. I wouldn't buy Eddie Guerrero as WWF World Champ in 2002 but enough changed by 2004 that I did. Is that so wrong?

Given that Batista does not watch the product, it would be difficult for me to accept he's looking at it from a booking perspective. He doesn't know what the current booking is.

And Eddie was jacked up to a ludicrous degree, while Bryan is a much smaller, athletic-looking wrestler. Height aside, I could definitely see Batista docking Bryan for being smaller.

Ultimately though, who knows? Batista was probably just drunk ranting (and god forbid if that wasn't drunk ranting).

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
^He does a LOT more than just watch tapes.

Hiram posted:

My money would be on Bryan. Seriously.

So would mine, but I say this having never seen Batista roll. You never know....

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Ryder still hasn't tweeted a pic of his title in the fridge.

Someone update me when he does.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Flameingblack posted:

Raven will eat none of the White Castle burgers, while Tommy Dreamer will eat them all.

You writing an arithmetic problem?

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Gonzo McFee posted:

I love Dusty Rhodes.

Is he saying he's going to do a Christmas song with Lil Wayne because that's loving awesome.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
I think Dusty quit Twitter again.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Kurt's twitter account is weird as poo poo.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Flameingblack posted:

:stare: I just remembered when Kurt Angle actually got arrested for stalking Rhaka Kahn.

With HGH in his gym bag, but it was prescribed for his neck. But he was wrestling at the time, so you'd think he maybe shouldn't do physical things if his neck needs to recuperate....

What a weird situation that all was.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Yoshi turned heel?

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Spikeguy posted:

From CM Punks twitter account.

https://twitter.com/!/CMPunk/status/156470253541527552/photo/1

Twitter links and SA don't work out so well together. Here's it corrected.

https://twitter.com/CMPunk/status/156470253541527552/photo/1

And here's the pic in question why not?

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Jesus Christ, Necro.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Please Bourne, learn from your mistakes. You still have a chance to not screw this up.

2 failures for someone the level of Bourne might be the tipping point as far as WWE is concerned, honestly.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Did we miss this one somehow? It popped up on the main page today:

Actually it was posted quite a while back, but I'm always happy to see it again.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

CombineThresher posted:

Was he talking to himself when he posted that?

No, but he inadvertently did here!

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

It's a compelling bet.
I was firmly in the Hall camp but then I figured he's made it this far and seems to just get sleepy while Chyna is clearly unstable.

The counterpoint to this is the story of Scott Hall in his boxer shorts doing crotch chops at police officers.

Well, and all the other Hall stories.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

bobkatt013 posted:

Has Scott Hall had any suicide attempts like Chyna?

I'm trying to think of one, and despite all the major damage he consistently does to his body, I'm drawing a blank on actual suicide attempts.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

bobkatt013 posted:

That actually seems to be the case for most wrestlers. That they stop being huge assholes.

So, so many fake it, though.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Railroad5 posted:

Chyna's going on an insane 8 hour rant on her Twitter. I can't imagine WWE is extending those rehab offers to her now.

https://twitter.com/#!/ChynaChyna9

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
The Chyna quotes are terribly depressing when you read through them, but they're quite funny, in a macabre sense, when you selectively quote them. Like a Horse_ebooks tweet.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Flameingblack posted:

There was a video where someone yelled "Hey Edge!" to Curt Hawkins. We should all tweet to @thecurthawkins as if he were Edge and see if it goes anywhere. A few people did it elsewhere, but only three or four. Would like to see if we can make some sort of trend. Maybe it'll give him a new (old) gimmick.

Didn't someone do that to Test years ago? Not Twitter, obviously, but he was eating at a restaurant and the workers kept individually referring to him as Edge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
The fact that Scott Steiner has a Twitter account, but never tweets, is such a tragedy.