Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

How long until Roode is "The Rock's favorite TNA wrestler" or something during Impact commentary?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Atticus Finch posted:

Yes, it's almost as if we had to wait... and then see how it turned out...

Because it happening once after six thousand failures to capitalize on something totally proves your point.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Her 300 dollar a pop appearances every few weeks probably even out to way less than minimum wage anyway.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Wait does that mean she's flying to India for a few hundred bucks a trip too? Does that show even film in India?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Tyson vs Austin but way more pointless

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Oatgan posted:

Not only will I not pay money to see support any company that is giving Chris Brown a payday, I will stop watching WWE if he appears live on any WWE show :toxx:

Being that it's looking like they're turning it into a thing I guess your days as a WWE viewer are numbered.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Oatgan posted:

oh no, whatever shall I do :geno:

Now I see. Well played you sneaky bastard.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Oatgan posted:

And Ntiro, and TNA!

How about toxxing yourself into having to watch the Nitros you post for us to suffer through as well.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Tyson spent years in prison for rape and it didn't stop them from booking him at Wrestlemania after he was released. Then putting him in the hall of fame. I don't think your past with women has much bearing on whether or not WWE will use you for publicity.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

oldpainless posted:

Goddamn son, who did you piss off enough to get all that red text?

I'm gonna guess everybody

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Rarity posted:

Are they talking about the match or Daniel Bryan's lovemaking? :rimshot:

Ugh just stop.

Edit: Seriously goddamn

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Apr 2, 2012

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

He's proven time and time again that if there's anything you don't gently caress with Scott Steiner about it's numbers.

Also freaks. And peaks.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

KungFu Grip posted:

How dare he get mad at the same asses that wait at airports for the wrestlers to arrive just to bother other and him for autographs that they turn around and sell on ebay. This stuff happens while he's checking his bags or taking a piss or at weddings and birthday parties.

Look who you're arguing with

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

coconono posted:

huh, both Kevin Steen and Davey Richards are blocking me.

How can you be shocked that anyone would block you

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Frot Lesnar posted:

Alex Riley tried to block me but ended up favoriting all of my tweets.

Now you're just being mean spirited

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

coconono posted:

Because Dixie hasn't.

She is the one who put up a twitter background with a photoshopped "Verified Account" symbol then was baffled as to why her account was taken down when someone here reported her.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

You probably should have resisted, really.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

There was a very short period at the beginning of the account where WWE_Creative had some funny stuff - quite a bit of it was quoted probably in this thread or the last one. After a short while it really fell off and they just started tossing out anything they came up with and most of it was bad.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

HulkaMatt posted:

source: triple h

By way of Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

savinhill posted:

Is that lady an ex Diva or Knockout fallen on hard times or something?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

bobkatt013 posted:

Dog is drugs

It's probably sad but this was my first thought as well

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Can't you just log out and refresh if his tweets aren't protected completely

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Jack Krauser posted:

Are we all pretending Sugar Dunkerton is a good name in the first place?

Pretending?

I've never even seen the guy's work and I was sold when I learned his name was Sugar Dunkerton

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Oatgan posted:

Sweetwater Clifton
Nuggie Watkins

These are also great names

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Atticus Finch posted:

Maybe it's me but it's weird your choice of director was James Cameron.

But his movies... they make like a zillion dollars so that means he's the greatest of all time, right?!

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Oatgan posted:

I think it was more a comparison of budget, but even that aside James Cameron is a good director.

I dunno he did remake Fern Gully

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Why do they all the sudden decide they can just deny poo poo ever happened - poo poo that has publicly available police information

Someone needs to teach them that kayfabe doesn't work when it comes to real life poo poo.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Perigryn posted:

I haven't heard of her being hydrophobic, so that's out.

Good that you're keeping tabs on her fears and/or mental illnesses just in case

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I was happy about The Stro following me until I followed him and he was preaching almost every day and tweeting bible verses.

Then I just felt like I was offending him every time I said something because well I tend to say offensive things on twitter. Sorry Stro our twitter bro friendship was not meant to be.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Jack Krauser posted:

Hilarious if true.

Does your mouse have a stroke when you try to copy and paste these things? How are you getting weird characters inserted into every one of your twitter quotes

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Jul 15, 2012

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Frot Lesnar posted:

50 Shades of John: An anthology on WWE merchandise.

:lol:

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Well played

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Jul 27, 2012

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Perigryn posted:

Meltzer explained the JTG situation. He was upset over how low the Wrestlemania payoff was despite how well the show did financially.

Guys getting mad at not being paid for shows they aren't even on. Why not go to TNA where you can get mad for not getting paid for shows where you actually worked.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

njsykora posted:

I'm 99% sure he was in the pre-show battle royal, which exists entirely so those guys can get a paycheck for the show. Its lovely if the show did the most money in Mania history and they got less than they have for past Manias, regardless of their status.

Why you gotta bring stuff like facts, stats and logic into this discussion

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

The_Rob posted:

I will never understand how so many people in this forum are so quick to say that a wrestler hating their position should shut up, and just let WWE do whatever they want.

Speaking up the way he is never ends well so really there is no point. He should just ask for his release and go elsewhere because as long as a McMahon is in charge talent relations probably won't change. They don't give a gently caress what the midcard thinks.

I would also normally say that speaking up on twitter like an idiot will make future employers see you as less desirable as well but it's the wrestling business and the only other game in town is TNA - the company that employs Jeff Hardy among others so it doesn't really apply.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

The_Rob posted:

So the options are literally just shut up, or leave your main source of income? Better not upset the fine upstanding company that WWE is.

Jtg is out there hurting himself on a nightly basis, and is getting nothing to show for it. He should just be happy with that because WWE is a popular company?

I don't think you get it. What happens if he throws a fit? He gets future endeavored. WWE is a lovely company with lovely management who isn't going to buckle and overhaul the way they treat their talent because of some easily expendable midcarder that they never use.

It'd take someone on Cena's level speaking up to ever get anything even looked at for a change. The two options for JTG in WWE because of how the company works and who is in charge are literally shut up and keep collecting checks or ask for your release and go to TNA or break your back on the indies for even less pay until you give up. FCW is full of guys that would replace JTG without a complaint at any time they're called up.

That's what happens when the devil has a monopoly. If you think JTG flipping out on twitter with a bunch of midcarders is going to make WWE stop mistreating their talent behind the scenes you're the markiest mark of all. In a perfect world sure the #occupyWWE movement by a midcarder would get poo poo done but the wrestling business is run by the worst people.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Jelq Swagger posted:

I don't understand people writing off JTG as some jobber. He isn't a bad worker at all, and is only a jobber because WWE Creative "has nothing for him".

And when WWE is the only major game in town even when TNA does seem to be slowly picking up steam this is what makes him easily replaced. It has nothing to do with ability level.

I'm not arguing that it's bullshit and that they shouldn't be paid more. I'm just saying that he's stuck and flipping on twitter isn't going to help that given the current business situation.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Lone Rogue posted:

Personally, "wrestler bitching" to me is Shane Douglas bitching about Ric Flair not pushing him or Kenny Dykstra bitching about John Cena loving his girlfriend. If the company you work for tells you that you're going to receive a bonus based on the success of a show and it's the most successful show in the history of the company yet you receive a small rear end cheque, is it really bitching? Was Jericho bitching when he complained how HHH got a bigger WMX-8 payoff than him? Were ECW wrestlers just bitching when Paul Heyman was bouncing their cheques?

Chris Jericho is Chris Jericho. A main eventer at that point with pull and legs to stand on in a dispute with a McMahon.

People complained about getting shafted by Paul Heyman and he laughed all the way to the bank as ECW burned and went out of business and there were probably still guys to this day who never saw that money. He was in charge and he wasn't going to change how he did business because he was the head honcho.

Anyway this is going to go around and around and my point isn't anything near the notion that these guys shouldn't get paid what they're worth so I'm moving on from it.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I always look forward to Kevin Nash twitter meltdowns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

He's trying to set a record for consecutive twitter heel turns