Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

incredible bear posted:

Oh god, did my sarcasm not come through?

Probably not, I'm irrationally angry about this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
A battering ram he says...

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

njsykora posted:

Remember that Michael Elgin Facebook post that someone said was basically Indies Wrestler but not joking? Well...

He's talking about "Angry Wrestling Vet", a Facebook account.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Gavok posted:

During the PPV, Matt Striker kept tweeting about how he totally agrees with Jack Swagger's ideals. Not in a heel way, either. It was kind of off-putting.

Matt Striker ‏@Matt_Striker_
Jack Swagger...Illuminati...New World Order....population control ...Martial Law ...FreeMasons ...all good for you.

Matt Striker ‏@Matt_Striker_
Most people don't deserve rights n need ppl like Swagger/Coulter to tell them what's good for them. #InternmentCamps #MartialLaw

I have a feeling he was trolling.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I dunno I'm willing to believe Striker's a straight up goober.

He's probably doing everything he can to move up in the company after they soured on him.

Dude listens to The Smiths. I have never met someone who listens to The Smiths and was Right Wing/Libertarian.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Gatts posted:

Why did they sour on him? What'd he do?

Made too many geek references and would argue with Michael Cole. He seemed to be developing into the permanent PPV third and then they just dropped him from Smackdown.

He's still well respected since he's the guy who evaluates promos for tryouts.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

LightsGameraAction posted:

This pissed me off so loving much. Michael Cole and Lawler would both start literal pissing matches with him because he would correct them when they called spots in the ring and actually bother to put over the guys in the ring instead of plugging inane bullshit. They just wouldn't shut the gently caress up and let him do the thing all 3 of them were supposedly getting paid to do.

Sadly this is common in pro wrestling.

There's this video of Tony Schiavonie calling a move a "Mafia Kick" only for Heenan and Rhodes to go off on how stupid it was to call a move correctly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMvF_6c5wiY

A few years later, Tony gets to be the bully on Mike Tenay while Heenan again joins in laughing at "wrestling knowledge" because Tenay knew Lucha move names but I can't find that one on YouTube.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Suben posted:

I have no clue if you've heard JR's commentary recently but no, he's pretty bad now.

I miss 1991-1994 Jim Ross.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPV0Lpm42Qk

THIS IS THE OPPORTUNITY THAT PISTON HONDA NEEDS

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
WELL LET ME TELL YOU THIS

Striker knows his wrestling tropes.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Cardboard Box posted:

supposedly it's his sons or nephews or something tweeting a lot of things he actually says.

It's actually The Magen Boys who run it. It's kind of a pathetic situation: http://100worstpeopleontwitter.tumblr.com/post/31458834871/32-the-iron-sheik

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Thauros posted:

It's certainly a nice gig for her, but I'm really wondering the the gently caress they bothered hiring SDR to train models to work 2 1/2 minute matches ending in a rollup.

Well we can't have SDR training good wrestlers, can we?

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
Also known as Lance Storm being terrible again.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Manwithastick posted:

I'm kind of curious what Foley will say - is that morbid?

Curious on what someone is going to say is better than getting angry that someone hasn't said something fast enough for you.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
This is what Twitter was made for:

Colt Cabana @ColtCabana
@Goldberg We should be best friends

Bill Goldberg @Goldberg
@ColtCabana we should

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

DeathChicken posted:

Jew World Order has a ring to it.

Better name: The Bilderberg Group

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
EDIT: Nevermind.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

89 posted:

The fact that Miz's favorite comedian is Dane Cook was the last straw in making me remove myself from the Miz as much as possible.

Could be worse.

Could be Carlos Mencia.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
Paul Heyman @HeymanHustle
"RT: @REALBully5150 Never needed a "plant" to start a riot. Just ask @HeymanHustle" I cant comment based on the 237 lawsuits still pending

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

quote:

Dixie Carter @TNADixie
Heard @REALBully5150 made inappropriate comments to a fan in Chicago. This will not be tolerated. Sincere apologies on behalf of TNA.

Funny enough, she's apologizing because a fan tried to punch Bully Ray

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukW8nLGAoIc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

njsykora posted:

Pfft, amateur.

I was at a wrestling show in Toronto where some drunk got knocked out by Necro Butcher.

That was fun.